Post-Game Talk: #44 | FLYERS (H) vs. Capitals (A) | Saturday, Apr. 17, 2021 | Flyers lose 6-3

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
These are not opinions, they're insane speculations about team relationships based on nothing.

An opinion would be saying your favorite color is brown or that hot dogs are your favorite type of sandwich or that pepsi tastes better than coke. Things that can't be objectively true or false.

You don't get to defend this insanity with "it's just my opinion". :laugh:

WANNA BET ?? .....go to bed

YOU don't get to say what I can post .....go to effin' bed ......you'll feel better in the morning.....

maybe :rolleyes:

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
There’s no way the assistants at least don’t get fired. I mean what the hell. Such a bad PK. Such a poor PP. No shorthanded pressure. If I was coaching an NHL team I would make other teams scared of us breaking the other way first and work from there. Assistants gone this off-season and AV next season is probably how it will go.

I miss the pre trade deadline good old days. What does Laughton even do out there? 5 more years of that?

In in any normal situation, MT would be a goner for sure. This isn't normal. I don't think AV will be willing to part with his favorite spooning buddy.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
my humble summation.....

1. cliques in the "room"
2. cancers in the "room"
3. the above causing a very troubling locker room ?
4. pretty obvious they aren't having fun.....at all :(
5. haysie never seems to congratulate G on goals scored
6. ghost goes out of his way not to pass to provy
7. a lot of Flyers don't seem to associate with provy during the game
8. whole teams lacking confidence
9. where is the team from before the first "plandemic" shutdown ??
10. .....just a humble opinion
11. "Bartender!!!!!!, another beer, please" !
:surrender
Sorry Striker but there is circumstantial evidence that some of this might be possible. All teams have cliques. Sometimes they don’t get along which can cause division. IDK who is in which group or how badly the feelings run between them but what does stand out is that they rarely stick up for each other. CIP, today when Lyon was kicked. Whether Hathaway meant or not, that can’t happen w/o retaliation. Penalties be damned. The Charmin Flyers just yipped and shoved a bit but not one fist was thrown. Turn it around and NAK did that to Samsonov. #43 from the Caps or someone else would have seriously rattled NAK’s tower. That’s what together teams do.

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sorry Striker but there is circumstantial evidence that some of this might be possible. All teams have cliques. Sometimes they don’t get along which can cause division. IDK who is in which group or how badly the feelings run between them but what does stand out is that they rarely stick up for each other. CIP, today when Lyon was kicked. Whether he meant or not, that can’t happen w/o retaliation. Penalties be damned.
Of course. It could definitely be possible.

I'm saying we have absolutely no idea if it is or who is included/excluded, so it's insane to make complete guesses like he did. He just listed random events that don't mean anything at all. :laugh:

For example...
"haysie never seems to congratulate G on goals scored"
Maybe that's because Hayes has only been on ice for 1 of Giroux's goals. Is that what he's basing this on? :laugh:

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
WE'RE # 2 !!! :yo:

2nd most goals against in the league .....

should be in the top dozen at Draft time, eh ? ;)

too bad last year they played great until the covid pause. Putting them out of a top pick in a stacked draft. Then covid happens and AV acts like his brain has melted and now we have a bad team in a bad draft year.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
These are not opinions, they're insane speculations about team relationships based on nothing.

An opinion would be saying your favorite color is brown or that hot dogs are your favorite type of sandwich or that pepsi tastes better than coke. Things that can't be objectively true or false.

You don't get to defend this insanity with "it's just my opinion". :laugh:
You know Striker when they trade your " Boy " Ghost in the off season for a bag of pucks and then you jump on your newly claimed "Boy" Big Red . We are just going to call him soft and constantly pick holes in him . You are not going to get away from us , like forever, it's just too much fun . lol

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
The goaltending is just that bad.

Right now, our team goaltending is 87.80%

I went back to the 2007-2008 season (the earliest one available on the website) and not a single team had a team save % that low. And there's been some horrible teams during that time period.
The team defence has been that historically bad..... this is a team sport and goaltending often reflects how your team is playing..... stop trying to blame one part especially when anyone could see how poorly the defence and forwards were playing in March. This has been a team collapse not just a Goaltending and Coaching collapse...... Everyone takes some blame

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The team defence has been that historically bad..... this is a team sport and goaltending often reflects how your team is playing..... stop trying to blame one part especially when anyone could see how poorly the defence and forwards were playing in March. This has been a team collapse not just a Goaltending and Coaching collapse...... Everyone takes some blame
The defense hasn’t been historically bad, actually. They’re not even the worst in the league this year.

People are just mistakenly believing they’ve been that bad because the results have been that bad... but that’s on the goalies not making routine saves.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
The defense hasn’t been historically bad, actually. They’re not even the worst in the league this year.

People are just mistakenly believing they’ve been that bad because the results have been that bad... but that’s on the goalies not making routine saves.
Your right its the goalies their horrible its all on them... I guess the stats are showing that AV is doing a great job.... Lets bring back the same team and coaches and will be fine

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Great post haha. Some people just don’t get it. Your wasting you’re breath.
2x

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Is that what I said?

Pretty much.... unless your definition of routine save is different. Routine save means that the goalies should easily save them... I don't know i've watched, played and coached thousand upon thousands of games.... don't recall games in which our goalies were letting in tons of goals that would be routine saves... But if your right that says the players and system weren't at fault because the goalies couldn't make routine saves. Any other goalies (plural) we would have been fine.....

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The metrics since they returned from COVID are actually pretty good, though the eyeball suggests this is a bit exaggerated.
But even HDCA/60, which is a good measure of defensive screwups, is middle of the pack.
So yes, the goalies are by far the biggest problem.

ES, GA/60: 3.42, worst in the NHL, xGA/60: 2.17, 6th in the NHL
HDGA/60, 28th, HDCA/60 13th, HDSv% 30th

18th in GF/60, 25th in xGF/60

PP: 20th in GF/60, 18th in xGF/60

PK: 25th in GA/60 (Toronto is 30th!), 15th in xGA/60,29th in GA/60, 23rd in HDCA/60, 29th Sv%, 29 HDSv%

So we have a bad ES offense that finishes well, good ES defense, and horrid goaltending
We're middle of the pack PP that is a little below average finishing
We're middle of the pack PK with horrid goaltending.

So with average goaltending, Flyers should be slightly below average this season, overall they're a bit worse than last spring.

However, I think there's a real chemistry problem that transcends AV, they just don't have the right mix of players. But that discussion belongs in the roster thread.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The metrics since they returned from COVID are actually pretty good, though the eyeball suggests this is a bit exaggerated.
But even HDCA/60, which is a good measure of defensive screwups, is middle of the pack.
So yes, the goalies are by far the biggest problem.

ES, GA/60: 3.42, worst in the NHL, xGA/60: 2.17, 6th in the NHL
HDGA/60, 28th, HDCA/60 13th, HDSv% 30th

18th in GF/60, 25th in xGF/60

PP: 20th in GF/60, 18th in xGF/60

PK: 25th in GA/60 (Toronto is 30th!), 15th in xGA/60,29th in GA/60, 23rd in HDCA/60, 29th Sv%, 29 HDSv%

So we have a bad ES offense that finishes well, good ES defense, and horrid goaltending
We're middle of the pack PP that is a little below average finishing
We're middle of the pack PK with horrid goaltending.

So with average goaltending, Flyers should be slightly below average this season, overall they're a bit worse than last spring.

However, I think there's a real chemistry problem that transcends AV, they just don't have the right mix of players. But that discussion belongs in the roster thread.

Given that Ghost leads the team in HCA/60, would you feel comfortable saying he makes less defensive mistakes than someone like, say, Braun, or Provorov?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->