Post-Game Talk: #44 | FLYERS (H) vs. Capitals (A) | Saturday, Apr. 17, 2021 | Flyers lose 6-3

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I just want to let it be known that I hate these two shits. I actually think they are some of the shittiest/poorest actors there are. The movies they make blow dong about as big as his nose.
*Striiker's legal team would like to make it abundantly clear that Striiker does not necessarily endorse or support any people, places, or things seen in gifs posted. The mood or message of the gif is the only thing that is being considered.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Stop with the stats...... use your eyes and experience. The team defence and special teams have been atrocious (especially in March)... Goalies have cost us some games Hart (Lake Tahoe) Elliott last game and a couple others but for the most part this team has not been able to perform....
I think this is part of the maturation process of the young guys on the team and the fact we were too reliant on the young players developing in a linear fashion this season up front, in net and on D....

We need to make some adjustments to the forwards (we need more balance this isn't NHL 20 where you play the players with the best offensive stats and you win) and add in 1 or 2 steady defencemen putting less focus on the kids for another season or two and will be good to go. I'm a firm believer in this group of young players and even with the core vets (G, Jake and Couts). One error made in sports is judging players on one season of progress or regression..... Learn from this year and move on

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Given that Ghost leads the team in HCA/60, would you feel comfortable saying he makes less defensive mistakes than someone like, say, Braun, or Provorov?

Ghost is having a strange season, since the COVID break:
1st in HDCA/60
Only ahead of Myers in HDCF/60
last in xGA/60
Behind Myers, Sanheim and Hagg in xGF/60

He's simply not an offensive powerhouse anymore, he neither scores or creates points for other players at a high rate.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Ghost is having a strange season, since the COVID break:
1st in HDCA/60
Only ahead of Myers in HDCF/60
last in xGA/60
Behind Myers, Sanheim and Hagg in xGF/60

He's simply not an offensive powerhouse anymore, he neither scores or creates points for other players at a high rate.

But hes the best defenseive defensemen on the team, in your eyes, correct? Given your heavy reliance on HDCA/60 and xGF% as the measurements of a good defenseman?

Edit: Also, both the previous questions were fairly simple, and require only a simple yes or no response.

Last edited:

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
too bad last year they played great until the covid pause. Putting them out of a top pick in a stacked draft. Then covid happens and AV acts like his brain has melted and now we have a bad team in a bad draft year.

Oh don't you worry we are going to be in a shit drafting position anyways.

sadness-2021-04-17.png

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
But hes the best defenseive defensemen on the team, in your eyes, correct? Given your heavy reliance on HDCA/60 and xGF% as the measurements of a good defenseman?
At 5v5...

Best xGF/60
Best xGA/60
Best xGF%
2nd HDCF/60 (behind Sanheim)
Best HDCA/60
Best HDCF%
Best ixG/60
Best goals/60
LAST in assists/60

So he's been the best D in almost every category and the only one that's low is that he's last in assists, which is obviously outside of his control and not due to a lack of puck moving, passing, or offensive creativity. He's doing a great job at all three of those things. Just shitty luck, shitty usage, and a shitty system.

At all strengths, the guy has 8 goals and 7 assists... clearly a fluke (goals are unsustainably high, assists are unsustainably low), but still the highest points/60 on the D. His assists rate is less than half his career norm, which is both thanks to shit luck/usage/system and the PP sabotage we've seen all year. So it would be both dishonest and stupid to say he's no longer good offensively.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
At 5v5...

Best xGF/60
Best xGA/60
Best xGF%
Best HDCA/60
Best HDCF%
Best ixG/60
Best goals/60
LAST in assists/60

So he's been the best D in almost every category and the only one that's low is that he's last in assists, which is obviously outside of his control and not due to a lack of puck moving, passing, or offensive creativity. He's doing a great job at all three of those things. Just shitty luck, shitty usage, and a shitty system.

At all strengths, the guy has 8 goals and 7 assists... clearly a fluke (goals are unsustainably high, assists are unsustainably low), but still the highest points/60 on the D. His assists rate is less than half his career norm, which is both thanks to shit luck/usage/system and the PP sabotage we've seen all year. So it would be both dishonest and stupid to say he's no longer good offensively.

Thoughts, @deadhead ?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Only stats I look at this season are those since the COVID break, as we know, the first 13 games were a huge anomaly, and with a one week TC with no exhibition games, should be taken with a grain of salt.

Ghost hasn't been bad this season, that's not the issue, but he's not a top 4 D-man on this team, and as passing through waivers demonstrated, on most teams. If teams are willing to give Tanev 4yr/$18M, they should have jumped on Ghost at 2yr/$9M. The problem is, as we've seen, he's a weird fit now, he's not a top offensive defenseman like a Carlsson or a Maker, he's not a physical defensive defenseman who can control the D-zone, he's an efficient but undersized blue line to blue line puck mover. He's a good but no longer great PP1 QB.

His highest value is as a 3rd pair D-man/PP1 QB. At bit overpriced for that role, but some team may well value him.

But with York on the way, not sure the Flyers will consider him worth his salary.
Sanheim, while more flash than production right now, is simply a more talented offensive defenseman.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Oh don't you worry we are going to be in a shit drafting position anyways.

sadness-2021-04-17.png

At least this helps me visualize who else is going to be miserable with us.

Kind of funny that Detroit went from like a 25 to 67 percent chance of having a season without real reward. Arizona too.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Im trying to envision a scenario where i let my personal judgment sway me to believe something contradictory to my usual beliefs and... damn, i got nothing.

I feel bad for people who feel so strongly about someONE to make them be so dishonest about an entire group. If only there was a word for this...

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
At 5v5...

Best xGF/60
Best xGA/60
Best xGF%
Best HDCA/60
Best HDCF%
Best ixG/60
Best goals/60
LAST in assists/60

guys its easy

Players within the system who are skilled and playing good and solid games (Ghost, Giroux, Voracek, Friedman, Farabee, Konecny, Myers last season, Sanheim, Hart) are selfish locker room cancers who disrespect the Staff or their teammates. They can only have good stats cause they play selfish and are uncoachable. They also have a bad work ethic and they dont be able to play a team game.

The Players who play shit and have bad stats and bad games are suffering from this selfish egomanic players. But they play the right way (Laughton, Braun, Hayes, Moose, Haag, Provorov) so they need to be in the lineup. AV and Fletcher and Deadhead know, that they will carrying this team next year when we got rid of a few lockerroom cancers.

The future is bright!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->