Post-Game Talk: #44 | FLYERS (H) vs. Capitals (A) | Saturday, Apr. 17, 2021 | Flyers lose 6-3

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
my humble summation.....

1. cliques in the "room"
2. cancers in the "room"
3. the above causing a very troubling locker room ?
4. pretty obvious they aren't having fun.....at all :(
5. haysie never seems to congratulate G on goals scored
6. ghost goes out of his way not to pass to provy
7. a lot of Flyers don't seem to associate with provy during the game
8. whole teams lacking confidence
9. where is the team from before the first "plandemic" shutdown ??
10. .....just a humble opinion
11. "Bartender!!!!!!, another beer, please" !
:surrender

Please someone convince me this is a joke and nobody could post this seriously

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If anyone on the roster is half-assing it, it’s him.

Although there’s times where I’m about to call him lazy but then I think it might just be that he’s a legitimately stupid player. Kinda like how I waver back and forth between thinking he’s incredibly selfish and incredibly stupid. I’m still not sure.

All I do know for sure is he’s probably one of the most blatant cases of a players stereotype being radically different from their actual style of play I've ever seen. The guy is supposed to be sort of a Couturier-lite type guy, but he plays absolutely nothing like him.

People still defend him to the death because they want to defend the staff, but he’s been absolute trash for a long time. Even with his scoring accounted for.

Last game instead of skating into a board battle he stopped short and golfclubbed at the puck instead of actually trying to win it or challenge the other player.

This game, going into the boards after a puck again, some Cap just bumped him aside while he was gliding and Hayes' only resistance was the most feeble of shoves to the back of his right arm as he passed.

Pathetic.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Last game instead of skating into a board battle he stopped short and golfclubbed at the puck instead of actually trying to win it or challenge the other player.

This game, going into the boards after a puck again, some Cap just bumped him aside while he was gliding and Hayes' only resistance was the most feeble of shoves to the back of his right arm as he passed.

Pathetic.
And yet NEVER one of the players called out for being "soft".

Reactions: DaphneLion

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I've called out all three for being big and soft.
But in the new NHL, all you need to do is score, I've been told.

Reactions: wasup

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
And Voracek's been better? JVR got a goal cherry picking. Otherwise meh. For what they're paid . . . time to clear house, if they're this bad with these two and Ghost, then they won't be missed, and you can use that money to find players who might make a difference.

Here's what really sucks, Laczinski injured, Patrick? Lindblom obviously needs a week off, he just doesn't have the stamina to play on an every day basis this year, but LHV gets into a COVID situation - and you wonder why I call this a clusterf---k season? Eight games left bring up Foerster and Wisdom and let them play and sit some veterans.

Ghost was bleech, at least Sanheim was making plays, though he still can't finish to save his life, 242g, 19-54 at ES, that's basically 6-18 24, or what you get from a typical D-man, not a top offensive D-man.

What bearing does Voracek have on Hayes?

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
We will see. Yeo is Fletcher's buddy. MT is AV's buddy. It's incredibly possible they both stay.
you know who isnt anybodies buddy? Giroux, Ghost, Hart ---> Maybe the will let go.

Maybe thats what best for them!

Let Hayes, Laughts, Braun take this Team over.

What can be worse than this?

I would love to see how this will work out!!!!!!!!!!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What bearing does Voracek have on Hayes?

Same issue, big guy with average quickness who shies away from the dirty work. As is JVR.
You could carry one of these guys in an offensive role, but three is two too many.

We need to dump the salaries and replace them with young hungry players who'll forecheck, back check, win board battles and play with fire.
I mean we're losing with $20M between Voracek, JVR and Ghost, we'd probably be just as bad without them, is there a level below "terrible?"

Reactions: renberg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Same issue, big guy with average quickness who shies away from the dirty work. As is JVR.
You could carry one of these guys in an offensive role, but three is two too many.

We need to dump the salaries and replace them with young hungry players who'll forecheck, back check, win board battles and play with fire.
I mean we're losing with $20M between Voracek, JVR and Ghost, we'd probably be just as bad without them, is there a level below "terrible?"

Hayes and Voracek have displayed ample willingness and ability to be physical and fight the hard fights.

JVR is JVR and he's been way better at it this year so I'll just let him have credit for improving.

Hayes and Voracek and most of the team routinely look like they know they're doing something futile and pointless. Which is perceptive, because they are.

It should also be noted that you're too biased to judge Voracek fairly

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
452F1BBF-9EA0-4045-A761-4BAA9DB7543E.jpeg

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Repeating to the sound of the beat
Another one bites the dust
And another one gone and another one gone
Another one bites the dust yeah
Hey I'm gonna get you too
Shoot out

32nd game this year allowing 3+ goals.

THIRTY SECOND.

There is no rock bottom this year.

14th game allowing 5+ goals, as well.

On a serious note, it is absolutely astounding just how bad they are. I can't recall a team I cheer for letting in this many goals against this consistently in my life. Even more astounding nobody will get fired for it. Mediocre and embarrassing all at once now.

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
On a serious note, it is absolutely astounding just how bad the are. I can't recall a team I cheer for letting in this many goals against this consistently in my life. Even more astounding nobody will get fired for it. Mediocre and embarrassing all at once now.
The goaltending is just that bad.

Right now, our team goaltending is 87.80%

I went back to the 2007-2008 season (the earliest one available on the website) and not a single team had a team save % that low. And there's been some horrible teams during that time period.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The metrics since the COVID break are fine, this last game is one of the few where they've been dominated at ES.

The goaltending is awful, but teams also know they can pressure this team, that a lot of forwards are late on the backcheck so you can establish the cycle, and they lack the quickness to get to the D-men at the point.

Some of the problem is system, some of the problem is personnel.
Some players are physically struggling, Lindblom, Patrick, Couts (when was the last time you saw him play this meh?), maybe others.
Some just don't play up to their salary/reputation.

But that was a piss poor exhibition, if the veterans have given up on the season, bench them and call up players from LHV as soon as possible.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
GO, to your safe place, NOW JUNIOR !! .....

just one fans' humble opinion.....

REPEAT .....O-P-I-N-I-O-N :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
These are not opinions, they're insane speculations about team relationships based on nothing.
my humble summation.....

1. cliques in the "room"
2. cancers in the "room"
3. the above causing a very troubling locker room ?
4. pretty obvious they aren't having fun.....at all :(
5. haysie never seems to congratulate G on goals scored
6. ghost goes out of his way not to pass to provy
7. a lot of Flyers don't seem to associate with provy during the game
8. whole teams lacking confidence
9. where is the team from before the first "plandemic" shutdown ??
10. .....just a humble opinion
11. "Bartender!!!!!!, another beer, please" !
:surrender

An opinion would be saying your favorite color is brown or that hot dogs are your favorite type of sandwich or that pepsi tastes better than coke. Things that can't be objectively true or false.

You don't get to defend this insanity with "it's just my opinion". :laugh:

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
There’s no way the assistants at least don’t get fired. I mean what the hell. Such a bad PK. Such a poor PP. No shorthanded pressure. If I was coaching an NHL team I would make other teams scared of us breaking the other way first and work from there. Assistants gone this off-season and AV next season is probably how it will go.

I miss the pre trade deadline good old days. What does Laughton even do out there? 5 more years of that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad