GDT: #43| New York Rangers @ New York Islanders | January 12th | 1:00 PM | F/L 2-1

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
Holy smokes! Enough with the damn Cadillac commercial!
I’m hearing “Let me in let me in” in my freakin’ sleep.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
Why exactly do we need to gameplan for goons who play 7 minutes a game? Well now that we have the extra extra grit and leadership with Sbisa in, hopefully they don't forget how to play hockey in the 3rd period again.

Pelech deserves a seat, he was terrible last game.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Not surprised Johnston playing again as the Rangers will loook to get physical again. Surprised Lucas is playing though. As bad Pelech is Lucas is worse.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
Glad you're not coach. RJ needs to be in with the Rangers goodsquad

Exactly, sometimes having Ross in the lineup allows everyone else to play a bit more free. Ross doesn’t have many NHL fights under his belt but he is definitely a top 5 brawler in the league

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Holy smokes! Enough with the damn Cadillac commercial!
I’m hearing “Let me in let me in” in my freakin’ sleep.

I would pay to watch that commercial instead of watching John Tavares and Johnathon Toews playing $10,000 pyramid about NHL Tonight. Especially since NHL.tv has the budget for like 4 commercials per season.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
I would pay to watch that commercial instead of watching John Tavares and Johnathon Toews playing $10,000 pyramid about NHL Tonight. Especially since NHL.tv has the budget for like 4 commercials per season.

A little part of me dies each time I see that Tavares Toews commercial.

Reactions: 13th Floor

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Really not surprised Johnston is in today again. I am sure tomorrow against Tampa MDC will be in the lineup. Johnston is on the team for games like this. He is not an everyday player and will not be used like this.

Sbisa also played solid his last game and Pelech has not been lighting the world on fire anyway.

Dal Colle got scratched twice in a row after playing his best game as an Islander. I don’t really agree with the message Trotz is sending there.

Regarding the defense, it looks like Hickey had a setback in his recovery and Aho didn’t play last night in Bridgeport, so if they wanted a different look from Pelech, the only realistic option was really Sbisa, so I can understand that at the very least (and it’s not like Pelech has been playing wel like Dal Colle was).

Reactions: Metnut

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Being done with the Rangers series before the ASG just seems weird. Are we done with Carolina too?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Something about letting the Rangers dictate who we are going to play seems off to me. I’d rather other teams react to us.

What’s done is done. Hopefully Johnson slams one home and knocks a Rag out.

Exactly. Playing Johnston because of McLeod is playing exactly into what NYR wanted Trotz to do...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad