GDT: #43 Nashville @ Columbus|The Welcome Back Joey Game | 7:00 p.m.|1-10-19

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Should we have kept Joey? Will Seth shut him down? Will Bob be as good as Pekka when he is that old? Will Bob be here when he's that old?

Jackets with another chance to beat a top Cup contender.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Should we have kept Joey? ... since we obtained Seth for him, absolutely not.

Will Seth shut him down? let’s hope!

Will Bob be as good as Pekka when he’s that old? at this rate, negative.

Will Bob be here when he’s that old? I don’t believe so.

Go jackets!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Annoyingly, I'm going to miss this one because of a prior commitment that was made before I saw the schedule. Consequentially I will be grumpy all day and taking it out on all y'all. :nod: :sarcasm:

CBJMiddleGround

Jan 8, 2019
If you see the way Pekka is playing right now in comparison to Bob. There is no way Bob will be at his level. Bob is a head case and Pekka just has the skill that Bob doesn't have.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I wonder this stems from Bob going straight to the dressing room after getting pulled on Tuesday

Noticed that as well, but never saw if he came back out or not.

Figured he just had to piss or something, lol

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I'm finally starting to sour on ol' Bob. Not because of his play, not because I have a ridiculous notion that Korpi is a better goalie, but because his attitude be stanky.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
I saw the "Bob is not playing against Nashville" notification on my phone and my first thought was "I hope its for Tarasenko", but I come here and learn that he has been suspended. Ignorance was bliss! They need to trade him asap and get whatever they can for him now no matter how small of a return. Whatever they get now will be better than nothing when he walks in FA.
The season is going good and this is the last thing the team needs. Will be nice to have Foligno in the room tonight to keep things calm if there are any concerns. But mostly I am happy to hear that Nick's daughter is improving. I saw them one night and Nick was talking to my kid and his girl was standing with her mom. I asked her if she liked the CBJ and she said yes. I asked her if she knew any of the players and she said no. Haha Kids crack me up and it breaks my heart when they are going through things like she is. Wish her the best. More important than hockey and good for Nick to take time off to be there.

Reactions: thebus88

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I wonder this stems from Bob going straight to the dressing room after getting pulled on Tuesday
That’s a petty reason to bench someone for a game. He’s not the first goalie to do this.

I’d like to believe this is something that has perhaps built up over time that led to this when the straw broke the camel’s back.

He’s had stretches of ineffectiveness combined with a few stretches of great play. It’s not a physical issue with him so there is something else going on with him. Maybe it’s contract related or maybe it’s not.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
That’s a petty reason to bench someone for a game. He’s not the first goalie to do this.

I’d like to believe this is something that has perhaps built up over time that led to this when the straw broke the camel’s back.

He’s had stretches of ineffectiveness combined with a few stretches of great play. It’s not a physical issue with him so there is something else going on with him. Maybe it’s contract related or maybe it’s not.

Apparently Bob was seen throwing and breaking things in the hallway leading to the locker room and did not return to the bench. I would say that is unacceptable conduct that warrants some sort of punishment.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Apparently Bob was seen throwing and breaking things in the hallway leading to the locker room and did not return to the bench. I would say that is unacceptable conduct that warrants some sort of punishment.
And that may be it. The leaving the bench wasn’t the punishment but the incident in the locker room was punishment. I still however don’t feel that is enough unless he destroyed a very expensive piece of equipment.

Also if true, we’ve never seen or heard of bob having this temper before so his frustration level is extremely high for one reason or another. Is it an ego thing? Is he mad at the rest of the team because they leave him out to dry a lot? Is he mad at his own performance?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad