GDT: #43 Nashville @ Columbus|The Welcome Back Joey Game | 7:00 p.m.|1-10-19

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
It is Portzeline's job to ask tough questions.

I wonder about a swap with Detroit for Howard who, supposedly, is showing attitude issues about his role in Detroit and who, like Bob, is a UFA after the season.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Congrats to the front office for pushing another star player to the breaking point! Good job Jarmo and JD! As Laviolette might say: "Jarmo. Typical." Jarmo and JD seem more suited to ECHL management than the NHL.

Suspending a highly competitive goalie because he threw some crap after getting lit up and pulled is absurd.

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Bob's play this year tells me that he's not effectively coping with his unresolved contract and overall frustration with the team. It's now boiled over in a way that will create greater tension in the room.

It sure seems unlikely this will be favorably resolved and IMO equally unlikely Bob will regain his form while wearing a CBJ sweater. I'll be surprised if he isn't traded soon.

Boom! And the FO just sat on their dead rear ends and did nothing. It's been clear to outside observers that this situation hasn't gone well from Bob's initial pre season interview- a blind and deaf man could have seen and heard that he was not a happy camper. Now Bob's trade value has plummeted. Absolute ineptitude from the front office. Pitiful handling of the situation. Just pitiful.

Bob has left the building. Korpi remains. And Elvis has yet to come! Good gravy. Kiss the playoffs good bye.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Congrats to the front office for pushing another star player to the breaking point! Good job Jarmo and JD! As Laviolette might say: "Jarmo. Typical." Jarmo and JD seem more suited to ECHL management than the NHL.

Suspending a highly competitive goalie because he threw some crap after getting lit up and pulled is absurd.

You have turned speculation into fact. We don't know why he was suspended.

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Also if true, we’ve never seen or heard of bob having this temper before so his frustration level is extremely high for one reason or another. Is it an ego thing? Is he mad at the rest of the team because they leave him out to dry a lot? Is he mad at his own performance?

It's a Vodka thing...Panarin gets all the Vodka. Bob none. Obviously, Bob's mad.

Reactions: Halfboard

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Boom! And the FO just sat on their dead rear ends and did nothing. It's been clear to outside observers that this situation hasn't gone well from Bob's initial pre season interview- a blind and deaf man could have seen and heard that he was not a happy camper. Now Bob's trade value has plummeted. Absolute ineptitude from the front office. Pitiful handling of the situation. Just pitiful.

Bob has left the building. Korpi remains. And Elvis has yet to come! Good gravy. Kiss the playoffs good bye.

I prefer to wait and see how it turns out before I grade the FO on this.

Reactions: Viqsi

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
You have turned speculation into fact. We don't know why he was suspended.
Probably a multitude of reasons, the fit in the hallway being the final straw.

The specific reason isn't important. It's the culmination of an off season and half regular season of strife between the team's most important player and the FO.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Gotta admit, I don't have any answer for this one.
hatsoff.gif

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I wasn't able to watch, but I agree, its not uncommon for goalies to go down the hall when pulled. They usually come back out, but from what I understand he was pulled towards the end. So its possible he just was not able to "cool off" before the game ended. I wouldn't think they'd suspend him a game for that. Now, if he left the arena after he went down the hall, I could absolutely see something like that being an issue. I hope this stuff does not end up getting in players heads, and maybe if bread really didn't wanna sign because of something Bob had said then this might show him that Bob isn't exactly the level headed guy to take advice from.

On topic, my work buddy is a huge Preds fan, so, to make my day easier tomorrow KORPI WITH THE SHUTOUT 3-0 JACKETS WIN.

No evidence to support the example, but here's why it would be a suspendible offense if it were to ever happen: what if Bob had actually left the building and Korpi got injured?

CBJMiddleGround

Jan 8, 2019
No evidence to support the example, but here's why it would be a suspendible offense if it were to ever happen: what if Bob had actually left the building and Korpi got injured?
Then they would have gone to the emergency goalie in the building, Bob is just a huge HEADCASE when it comes to hockey!

CBJMiddleGround

Jan 8, 2019
Panarin might want to sign more after having Bob out of the room. Maybe they weren't getting along. You never see bread joke with Bob like he does with anyone else on the team.

Reactions: thebus88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->