GDT: #43 Nashville @ Columbus|The Welcome Back Joey Game | 7:00 p.m.|1-10-19

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
People need to chill with the Bob thing. Bench the entire season? Lol. Nice asset management.

Clearly, its not good what happened. But let's wait until the meeting tomorrow. See what happens after that.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
With the Caps next we must win that one.... The CBJ lost to both the Leafs and Bolts recently... If Jackets can't beat top teams in the East they won't go far...

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Jarmo said Torts wasn't involved beyond getting his input on what to do with Bob.

I guess the only people who will know what Bob did are Bob, the team, management, and the poor Amalie Arena workers who have to clean up the visitor's lockerroom.

The Russian press has picked up this story. Maybe Bob tells them something

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Thank goodness the boys could get two points after the Preds tied it late. What a roller coaster ride today with this team.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Last nite was probably one of the three most action filled games of the year. Even when it was just 1-0 or 1-1, it was back and forth fast paced action. The third period whas just plain crazy. How we were able to win that game with really only two functioning lines is amazing to me.

I do hope the Jackets issue a press statement promising the fans that the Robinson-Wennberg-Duclair line combination will never again be allowed on the ice at Nationwide. Truly horrendous.

Reactions: CPTN71

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Weird energy in the Arena tonight. Very subdued for the first couple periods. Then all hell broke loose!
Maybe I just hadn't paid much attention the last few years but I was bit surprised with the amount of Preds fans in attendance .. also given it was a Thursday night.

No bones with it, just had not noticed as much in the past.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
People need to chill with the Bob thing. Bench the entire season? Lol. Nice asset management.

Clearly, its not good what happened. But let's wait until the meeting tomorrow. See what happens after that.

Agreed. I think the most likely outcome is Bob and Jarmo clear the air this morning, say whatever needs to be said between two professionals to move on. Bob rejoins the team and we keep him through the end of the season.

Unless we're bringing someone back like the fantasy Varlamov trade someone posted in the trades forum, its probably best we continue with Bob through the end of the season. IMO Korpi just hasn't played reliably enough to give me hope he'd be ready to carry us in a playoff race.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Agreed. I think the most likely outcome is Bob and Jarmo clear the air this morning, say whatever needs to be said between two professionals to move on. Bob rejoins the team and we keep him through the end of the season.

Unless we're bringing someone back like the fantasy Varlamov trade someone posted in the trades forum, its probably best we continue with Bob through the end of the season. IMO Korpi just hasn't played reliably enough to give me hope he'd be ready to carry us in a playoff race.

I think your view is unrealistic. To believe that they will kiss and make up today and Bob will return to Vezina form isn't going to happen. I think the Jackets should get him to waive his NMC and get him out of here. It's still early enough in the season where a happy Bob could be the difference in some team making the playoffs or missing out. He's not coming back next year regardless of anyone's hopes and dreams so the cord should be cut when there is still a chance of getting a reasonable return.

And for what it is worth the Varlamov trade would work imo. Happy Bob > Varlamov but Varlamov is still a serviceable goalie who could either assume the #1 spot or be a great backup. Same with Jimmy Howard. In fact Howard may be the better choice although Jackets may have to eat salary and Detroit isn't a playoff contender. May have to throw in a Milano or similar to get them interested.

Last edited:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I think your view is unrealistic. To believe that they will kiss and make up today and Bob will return to Vezina form isn't going to happen. I think the Jackets should get him to waive his NMC and get him out of here. It's still early enough in the season where a happy Bob could be the difference in some team making the playoffs or missing out. He's not coming back next year regardless of anyone's hopes and dreams so the cord should be cut when there is still a chance of getting a reasonable return.

I don't think it is unrealistic for him to realize he's still gotta be a professional if he wants to prevent any further character concerns that could inhibit his next contract.

Obviously the Jackets think they can speak to him today, agree to disagree and move on.. otherwise, why hold a meeting today? Why not just move forward trying to trade him? From everything Jarmo/JD said yesterday it sounds like this meeting is about coming to another understanding... not a further separation.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
For all 6 to 8 minutes? Torts player management is baffling to say the least.

That unit should be playing more, 6 - 8 minutes is what you expect for a liability line and they are not that. We have some guys who aren't scoring but really the only guy who's been a problem as far as pucks piling in our net is Dubinsky.

A couple notes from last game:

Wennberg actually got the heaviest defensive deployment. It looks like Torts is trusting him more now that his faceoffs have improved. I didn't like Wennberg's game but I'm glad to see him finally tried in defensive roles that suit him better.

Foligno was the best player bar none. Two of the posts came off of Foligno's set-ups, he helped force the turnover on the first goal, and he screened the goalie on Panarin's goal. Then he turned the puck over for Jenner's second goal. We should get him more rest days.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad