GDT: #43 Nashville @ Columbus|The Welcome Back Joey Game | 7:00 p.m.|1-10-19

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I wonder this stems from Bob going straight to the dressing room after getting pulled on Tuesday

Apparently Bob was seen throwing and breaking things in the hallway leading to the locker room and did not return to the bench. I would say that is unacceptable conduct that warrants some sort of punishment.

I hope it is something other than this/these. I mean, I don't want organizational disruption but if he's being suspended for not meeting team whatever, I hope it's "more" than this.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Yeah, the Bob situation needs to be dealt with before it becomes any more of a distraction.
Team is in a precarious position in their division/conference - and something like this could have them on the outside looking in.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I'm finally starting to sour on ol' Bob. Not because of his play, not because I have a ridiculous notion that Korpi is a better goalie, but because his attitude be stanky.

It wasn't an issue until this year. Contract negotiations, or lack thereof, are leaking over.

Sabo0290

Lost along the wing
Aug 28, 2015
Dayton
That’s a petty reason to bench someone for a game. He’s not the first goalie to do this.

I’d like to believe this is something that has perhaps built up over time that led to this when the straw broke the camel’s back.

He’s had stretches of ineffectiveness combined with a few stretches of great play. It’s not a physical issue with him so there is something else going on with him. Maybe it’s contract related or maybe it’s not.

I wasn't able to watch, but I agree, its not uncommon for goalies to go down the hall when pulled. They usually come back out, but from what I understand he was pulled towards the end. So its possible he just was not able to "cool off" before the game ended. I wouldn't think they'd suspend him a game for that. Now, if he left the arena after he went down the hall, I could absolutely see something like that being an issue. I hope this stuff does not end up getting in players heads, and maybe if bread really didn't wanna sign because of something Bob had said then this might show him that Bob isn't exactly the level headed guy to take advice from.

On topic, my work buddy is a huge Preds fan, so, to make my day easier tomorrow KORPI WITH THE SHUTOUT 3-0 JACKETS WIN.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
can’t believe Portzline had the ballz to ask Torts that just now after Torts repeatedly said (atleast 8 times) something along the lines of “I’m not commenting on Bob. the press release speaks for itself”

AP, more like air head.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I don't know about that. I think management telling Bob to see a shrink about his playoff performance last season set this in motion.

I hope he had the advanced stats from the Pittsburgh series available and he told them to take those and forcibly insert them somewhere unpleasant.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I hope the players are able to focus tonight. Portzline seems like he wants to be an asshole and I wouldn’t be surprised if he tries to ask stupid inflammatory questions of the players. Wonder if they are gonna restrict the pre-game interviews this game?

Please just play a strong game tonight

Reactions: GoJackets1

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Bob's play this year tells me that he's not effectively coping with his unresolved contract and overall frustration with the team. It's now boiled over in a way that will create greater tension in the room.

It sure seems unlikely this will be favorably resolved and IMO equally unlikely Bob will regain his form while wearing a CBJ sweater. I'll be surprised if he isn't traded soon.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Bob's play this year tells me that he's not effectively coping with his unresolved contract and overall frustration with the team. It's now boiled over in a way that will create greater tension in the room.

It sure seems unlikely this will be favorably resolved and IMO equally unlikely Bob will regain his form while wearing a CBJ sweater. I'll be surprised if he isn't traded soon.

I agree with the first paragraph. Still too early to say is my response to the second paragraph.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Expecting a big 4-2 Jackets win tonight for Korpi, winning what will be the start of a 5 game Korpi win streak, supported by a Riley Nash hat trick and an equally rare CBJ power play goal. The game will be highlighted by an epic Jones-Johansen fight which HFB members will for years argue over who won the fight.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Can someone explain to me what about that IG pic of Bob should be getting us riled up? I feel like I’m missing something

Probably the peace sign in the description. Also he replied to someone in the comments with laughing emoji's, but the post is in Russian so I don't know what it says.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Can someone explain to me what about that IG pic of Bob should be getting us riled up? I feel like I’m missing something

I'd say its a combo of these:

tenor.gif

79e8.gif

(I assume you know the line...)

Reactions: thebus88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad