Golf: 42nd Ryder Cup at Le Golf National - September 28-30

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Kisner has not played in the RC. He paired well with Bradley. I alluded to that. Also paired well with David Toms, but he hasn't paired well with anyone else in over 20 years.

Well then it was the Presidents Cup, I guess you could try and say that is different from the RC but considering it shows that he can pair with someone then it doesn't really help your argument at all.

And if you are saying that he paired with Bradley well then why state Phil ABSOLUTELY can't be paired with others?

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Not buying the Tiger is tired excuse. If that’s the case maybe he should of let someone else play who isn’t “tired”. I know I’m in the minority here with that but I’m sticking to it.

If the US can get this to 9 to 7 or 9.5 to 6.5 at the end of the day tomorrow could get interesting

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Tiger isn't a robot. Maybe it seemed like he was in 2000, but he gets tired. Most of the players will never admit it because they'd be criticized for the rest of their careers, but the top guys don't care as much about the Ryder Cup because they simply realize they don't have the energy to do so. They need to prioritize, and that comes in the big individual events. Rory actually admitted this years ago, and he got criticized a lot for it.
If you look at the RC field, you can notice one thing: the Ryder Cup men, the most important guys in the RC, are those players who play not so good in Majors.
I mean...
Poulter...
Garcia...
Westwood in the past...
McIlroy this year (awful season...).
Rose...
McIlroy is a champions, but the others are great players but not legendary like Mickelson and Woods for example...

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
If you look at the RC field, you can notice one thing: the Ryder Cup men, the most important guys in the RC, are those players who play not so good in Majors.
I mean...
Poulter...
Garcia...
Westwood in the past...
McIlroy this year (awful season...).
Rose...
McIlroy is a champions, but the others are great players but not legendary like Mickelson and Woods for example...

Rose, Westwood, Sergio, and Rory are/were all top-5 machines at the majors. Your standards are very high here.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rose, Westwood, Sergio, and Rory are/were all top-5 machines at the majors. Your standards are very high here.

Those first three are not historically good though. The only two "stars" of that era are Tiger and Phil. I guess you could argue Singh or Els, but neither played RC, so its irrelevant.

We'll see about Rory, and I think its still too early to extrapolate about how the guys in their 20's will do in the RC, but one thing we know is that the stars of the 90's-00 era did not perform well in the RC.

Jan 3, 2012
Yeah, because in the big picture nobody cares about the RC. I'm with Pavel here. The RC is insignificant for a golfers career. It's a fun week for the jupiter boys to get together and chant USA USA USA, but outside of that it isn't of much significance.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Koepka and DJ lost their match.
Unfortunately DJ was not able to hit the fairways at the 17th. But it was a problem of the entire match...

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
10-6 isn't great but there is no reason the US shouldn't destroy the Euros in singles tomorrow.

Although there was no reason they shouldn't have already destroyed them up to this point and every other Ryder Cup so who knows.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Has Molinari become a big figure in Italy this year? He's having a great season.
Unfortunaltely, in Italy the only "big" sport is the fuc* soccer.
So, the golf, now, is not as famous as in the USA for example. But I hope that, in the next years, many youg italian guys will start to play golf thanks to Molinari.
Molinari's played an amazing season: a legendary one for my country. So he deserves all the honors.
And believe me: he's also a great guy with the fans. I really love him.
PS: his birth place is my city... :)

Jan 3, 2012
10-6. This thing is all but over. The US isn't gunna win 8/12 singles tomorrow. Most of them are playing like junk.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Koepka and DJ lost their match.
Unfortunately DJ was not able to hit the fairways at the 17th. But it was a problem of the entire match...

DJ hit some butt ugly putts all day too...
Just like Finau did in the AM

Just a horrid day for the US. Left at least 2 points out on the course

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Probably Furyk will play with the best at the beginning of the session.
The goal could be the comeback and put the pressure on the Euros back.
So, I think that players like Spieth, Thomas, maybe Bubba, and the best, will play in the first matches.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
DJ hit some butt ugly putts all day too...
Just like Finau did in the AM

Just a horrid day for the US. Left at least 2 points out on the course
I agree with you. If Koepka was not good with the tee shots, DJ was bad on the greens.
Awful day for the USA: they've played well only the Friday morning session.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
10-6. This thing is all but over. The US isn't gunna win 8/12 singles tomorrow. Most of them are playing like junk.

Just to clarify since the US holds the cup they retain at 14 even. 8-4 is not likely on Euro soil but isnt impossible. Phil and Tiger have to win their matches, period

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad