GDT: [#42] Washington Capitals at Dallas Stars, 7:00 PM CST (FS-SW+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Gaglardi's hockey opinion matters... Since when?

Well if you want him to continue to pay the checks the way he does right now he should feel like his input matters , even if it really doesn't . You don't want him get involved again and make a hire like Hitchcock again.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Well if you want him to continue to pay the checks the way he does right now he should feel like his input matters , even if it really doesn't . You don't want him get involved again and make a hire like Hitchcock again.
He can have his opinion. It doesn't have to be publicly announced by his jester Jimmy Lites. They're both stupid if they can't come to the conclusion that the main problem with the Stars is a lack of depth.

Reactions: ZeHockeyFan

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He can have his opinion. It doesn't have to be publicly announced by his jester Jimmy Lites. They're both stupid if they can't come to the conclusion that the main problem with the Stars is a lack of depth.

Yeah but he did so now you have to deal with it. You don't want a pissed off ownership when they can just become a grinch and sabotage the team on a whim . Its why i'm not that big a fan of the ownership model of US sports in general. A bad owner can ruin you really easy.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Yeah but he did so now you have to deal with it. You don't want a pissed off ownership when they can just become a grinch and sabotage the team on a whim . Its why i'm not that big a fan of the ownership model of US sports in general. A bad owner can ruin you really easy.

I really don't have to deal with anything? The comments don't impact me at all lmao. All the comments tell me is the owner and CEO have no clue.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I really don't have to deal with anything? The comments don't impact me at all lmao. All the comments tell me is the owner and CEO have no clue.

Not us :laugh: , the actual hockey team including coaching staff and management .

Edit : and before you write well you could've written it more exact . Well a) i have been drinking and b) english is my second language.

Stevonidas

Wanna go pretty boy?
Jul 14, 2007
The Lone Star State
Lack of depth (I agree it's the most glaring issue with this team) is not why Seguin and Benn haven't been living up to their contracts.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Take the Lites talk to the appropriate thread. This isn’t the place.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I hope hintz stays the rest of the season, he adds so much to our transition game with that speed.

Definitely needs to start potting goals though, really hope he does and he keeps his spot.

Really excited for a big tilt in a tough building sunday.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
With Smith gone it opened up a permanent spot for the prospects/callups. There's a good chance we'll see Gurianov again too at some point.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
nice game guys, very good goaltending from khudobin. comeau is funny but not in a good way, pretty frustrating player to watch. can he stay on his blades more than 5 sec without falling? was hoping for a nuke's goal. he looks engaged in every play but man, even i can put more power into a shot than this guy. miro is an all star, pleasure to my eyes.

Sums up Comeau pretty well. He’s a good penalty killer and he hits, that’s about all these days.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Benn's out of the lineup, they start Nichushkin on the top line, he can't even manage 12 full minutes of ice time? I only got to see snippets of the game, was at the TX Stars game, but damn, that's saying something...

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Benn's out of the lineup, they start Nichushkin on the top line, he can't even manage 12 full minutes of ice time? I only got to see snippets of the game, was at the TX Stars game, but damn, that's saying something...
He wasn't bad or anything just Montgomery being montgomery.

Reactions: Kcb12345

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Oh no, Puck Daddy doesn't approve? :laugh:

The people whose opinions matter (read: Gaglardi) seem to agree with him, or he'd have been long gone before the Detroit game last weekend.

Edit:

Frankly, I find it refreshing and entertaining for management to rip players publicly. Embarrassment can often light a fire under player's asses.

And, last time I checked, Dallas is 3-0-1 since his comments.

Results matter. Outsider opinions like yours and mine don't.

-Puck Daddy isn't the only person writing. I guess you're forgetting the NHLPA and the Commissioner's comments. Last I checked these are not outsiders.

-And the likes of Lites' or TG's opinions don't really matter because they're wrong. Lites' insinuation that this is the best time besides the championship team is down right laughable and if the owner shares the same opinion, he too is stupid. Lites is a f***ing two-bita mbulance-chaser from the "football on skates" era and the game doesn't need his ill-founded opinions.

- Yeah, results do matter, so save your kudos for when this team actually makes the playoffs consistently and looks like a legitimate contender- which is what the management set out to do when Nill was hired- instead of getting wet over a 4 game streak. After all, wasn't it Lites (whose opinion matters over mine) whom said this was the best team since 1999? Then it should be contending for the cup this season, no less.

Then again, if we trade away Benn and Seguin right now while they still have value (like you said in another forum) would they be able to achieve that?

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014

At some point management should admit that he simply isn't top-six material, but they likely won't.

Reactions: Elysian

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Lack of depth (I agree it's the most glaring issue with this team) is not why Seguin and Benn haven't been living up to their contracts.

It's also certainly possible that ownership realized that lack of depth is the main problem. But that's something they can't do much about right at this moment. So they targeted something that CAN get better right now and help the team win more games- Benn and Seguin's play and production.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
It's also certainly possible that ownership realized that lack of depth is the main problem. But that's something they can't do much about right at this moment. So they targeted something that CAN get better right now and help the team win more games- Benn and Seguin's play and production.

79 and 78 points for Benn and Seguin last year and they still missed the playoffs. Looks like management's aim is off....again.

Reactions: Elysian

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
79 and 78 points for Benn and Seguin last year and they still missed the playoffs. Looks like management's aim is off....again.

If they'd had less points they'd have even had less of a chance of making it. I know it's shocking, but playing better and producing more makes teams better. :eek:

Edit> To clarify, note that I agree with most that the main problem on the team's structure is scoring depth. And remember that what I said is that it's possible that ownership agrees but they decided in desperation to go after the one thing that can be fixed right now, and that's their best players' production. Even if scoring depth is the main problem, those two guys producing more can boost the team. It's also possible that ownership is just dumb and literally believe all that was said by Lites and Nill on having good scoring depth and it being their best team in however long. Regardless, if B&S keep producing more that's good for the team.

Last edited:

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
If they'd had less points they'd have even had less of a chance of making it. I know it's shocking, but playing better and producing more makes teams better. :eek:

And the point still remains that even with the points, they didn't make the playoffs and it's likely they won't this year too, even with the points. It must frustrate anyone who is trusted upon the most load to deliver when there is absolutely no support from the rest. Rads has only been here for a season and a half. We'll see how he

Spezza, Nill's favorite boys- Janmark and Nichushkin, "top-six" Hanzal, and his other draft picks not named Heiskanen...all have been dogshit, if not horseshit. Shocking as it sounds, a better performance from these people too on the scoresheet can affect the team's fortunes tremendously. So when is the clarion call for them to pick up their game expected to sound?

Last edited:

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South

Edit> To clarify, note that I agree with most that the main problem on the team's structure is scoring depth. And remember that what I said is that it's possible that ownership agrees but they decided in desperation to go after the one thing that can be fixed right now, and that's their best players' production. Even if scoring depth is the main problem, those two guys producing more can boost the team. It's also possible that ownership is just dumb and literally believe all that was said by Lites and Nill on having good scoring depth and it being their best team in however long. Regardless, if B&S keep producing more that's good for the team.

So in the absence of execution, honesty, and being accountable for their construction of the team, the brass should play mind games with their best players? That’s a pretty sh**ty management style.

Reactions: ZeHockeyFan

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Y'all are kind of flying past the points I made.
And the point still remains that even with the points, they didn't make the playoffs and it's likely they won't this year too, even with the points.

That point might remain, we'll see, but doesn't take away from my point. That anyone playing better whether it's the two bros or any of the scrubs helps, whether it gets them in the playoffs or not. Certainly playing bad isn't going to give you as much of a chance to get in as playing your best.

Spezza, Nill's favorite boys- Janmark and Nichushkin, "top-six" Hanzal, and his other draft picks not named Heiskanen...all have been dog****, if not horse****. Shocking as it sounds, a better performance from these people too on the scoresheet can affect the team's fortunes tremendously. So when is the clarion call for them to pick up their game expected to sound?

See the edited in addition to my post above. Depth needs to score more also. Some of them are actually capable of it and aren't, like Janmark. Hopefully some of those guys are turning a corner and some recent play isn't just a blip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad