GDT: [#42] Washington Capitals at Dallas Stars, 7:00 PM CST (FS-SW+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
So in the absence of execution, honesty, and being accountable for their construction of the team, the brass should play mind games with their best players? That’s a pretty sh**ty management style.

Did I say anyone should play mind games with anyone or that what they did was appropriate? I said they did what they did out of desperation and that players playing better is good.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Did I say anyone should play mind games with anyone or that what they did was appropriate? I said they did what they did out of desperation and that players playing better is good.
I guess I’m just not an ‘ends justifies the means’ person. Obviously players playing better is good. The methodology though, matters to me.

Also I think the other comments made were delusional, and there are other players that deserve to be called out way before the top two.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Without Lites' comments there's nothing for him to have responded to.

Let me clarify - I don't think Seguin is doing much differently. That his response was not to give up on the team by floating on the ice for the rest of this season is what reflects positively on him. The main difference is he's not hitting posts anymore.

Some nonsense correlation between Lites' comments and the incredible recent goaltending and improved puck luck does not exonerate that Lites was completely out of line in the way that he chose to express ownership's frustration. Remember that Lites talked to the media after that road shutout again Nashville, which is when the slump ended and the current streak began.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->