GDT: [#42] Washington Capitals at Dallas Stars, 7:00 PM CST (FS-SW+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Nichushkin's biggest chance of the season comes now. God please get a goal tonight Val

Not sure why they keep throwing Ritchie on the 2nd line lol I mean literally anyone else on the team would do better there. I suppose it's likely that line plays the least minutes though

Not gonna lie, no Jamie Benn could actually be a really good thing for Seguin.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Probably because they just wanted a body to mostly scratch and he's also pretty experienced with 366 NHL games. Would be kind of interested what the organisation in general think of L'Esperence and his skillset in terms if he can be an NHL player.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Nichushkin's biggest chance of the season comes now. God please get a goal tonight Val

Not sure why they keep throwing Ritchie on the 2nd line lol I mean literally anyone else on the team would do better there. I suppose it's likely that line plays the least minutes though

Not gonna lie, no Jamie Benn could actually be a really good thing for Seguin.
I think Ritchie is on the 4th line.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I've pretty much had it with Ritchie, but wouldnt mind seeing him on a line with Hintz.

Roope's been killing it at making passes/plays in tight when they're in the offensive zone. If Ritchie can focus on getting to some scoring areas, Hintz can probably be a good setup man for him.

And FFS nuke you better score or you're getting traded for Puljujarvi straight up.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Probably because they just wanted a body to mostly scratch and he's also pretty experienced with 366 NHL games. Would be kind of interested what the organisation in general think of L'Esperence and his skillset in terms if he can be an NHL player.
Isn't L'Esperence a centre? I'm very excited to see him get some NHL time as well, but if they were just looking for someone reliable to easily plug in and play on the wing Condra makes sense, especially since Condra was lighting it up in the AHL.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I've pretty much had it with Ritchie, but wouldnt mind seeing him on a line with Hintz.

Roope's been killing it at making passes/plays in tight when they're in the offensive zone. If Ritchie can focus on getting to some scoring areas, Hintz can probably be a good setup man for him.

And FFS nuke you better score or you're getting traded for Puljujarvi straight up.

Allways keep in the back of your head Hitch is coach in Edmonton so i doubt they have any interest in Val. Hanzal on the other hand ?! Maybe the Oilers are ready to take him off our hands so Hitch gets one of his favorite toys from last season.

Isn't L'Esperence a centre? I'm very excited to see him get some NHL time as well, but if they were just looking for someone reliable to easily plug in and play on the wing Condra makes sense, especially since Condra was lighting it up in the AHL.

L'Esperance is a C/RW but yes Condra as LW/RW is the easiest guy to just play in as a winger , play minimal minutes or gets scratched. Prospects in that role are wasted . Condra is likely to play least minutes tonight and thats fine.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yes its important to keep the dyslexic fans in mind when calling up players. :sarcasm:

GreatBritishStarsFan

Jul 4, 2011
Everyone on twitter is so mad cause Val playing on the top line :laugh:

Great rookie season, derailed by a season ending injury in his sophomore year. Has been an uphill battle for him since.

And yet he looks like he's turning the corner - and assisted on one of the Seggy goals this week. Wouldn't be surprised if they want Steve Ott to be brought out of retirement and put on their wing...

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

I mean ideally he'd at least have a few goals even if he's not a goal scorer but this goal scoring situation with him this season is just weird and unusual. You'd think at least one of his shots would go in by now no matter how soft or how high off the ice it is

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Probably the same people that have been calling for Monty's head everytime Honka is scratched.

I still see #FreeHonka tweets all the time, the only time Honka is going to be free is when he's on waivers.
Lmao, I’m not a twitter type fan but this board was full of #freehonka types for the past year and a half. People have finally come around that he’s not the answer.

And I don’t think it’s unreasonable for people to think Val shouldn’t be on the top line. He shouldn’t. Hell, monty just said he doesn’t view him as a goal scorer. Yes his play has been good lately, he got an assist. Woot.

I’d love for him to start registering more points, but I think there are better options based on their offensive output

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South

I mean ideally he'd at least have a few goals even if he's not a goal scorer but this goal scoring situation with him this season is just weird and unusual. You'd think at least one of his shots would go in by now no matter how soft or how high off the ice it is

Too much $$ for a non goal scorer that is just decent defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad