GDT: #42| New York Islanders @ New York Rangers | January 10th | 7:00 PM | F/W 4-3

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
That was one of the worst 3rd periods I’ve ever witnessed. Three bad games in a row, yet two wins. Keep playing like this, and the winning won’t last.

I think we hit an Icarus syndrome with our defense, when we had the least amount of goals allowed in the league, it forced teams to look at our D, since the St Louis game, the opposition has been forechecking our dmen relentlessly and they are treating the puck like a hand grenade... that is something that we didn't see... could be the nationally televised game against Chicago that exposed that

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Very lucky to get any points with that performance tonight.

Thank god the rangers are atrocious.

That said remember all those times over the past 20 years where we absolutely sucked, but played well against the rangers?

Well role reversal.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I just got 2 infractions. 1 for writing “lol” and then 1 for commenting that I got an infraction for writing “LOL”

Some people on here take themselves way to serious.

Like the 5th grade hall monitor who thinks he’s in the FBI

It's laughable how tiny some people's world is..I got one for a play on words for a fanbase's PBP guy

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
It's laughable how tiny some people's world is..I got one for a play on words for a fanbase's PBP guy

It can be silly at times. I got one once because the admin (non-Isles admin) didn't knowing the meaning of the word I used and thought I made a threatening gesture to another poster. I was completely dumbfounded, made my case to them and they still didn't get it/wouldn't admit it. Oh well. The other 2 I've gotten I probably deserved lol.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

I still chuckle about how they were convinced that they were going to get the 16th overall pick for Talbot so they could draft Barzal themselves. Now they get to see what a true gamebreaker looks like, something they don't have. That's why they plan a parade every time their prospects complete a pass or something.

Love that Barzal has 14 points in 7 games against them. He loves playing at MSG too.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I just got 2 infractions. 1 for writing “lol” and then 1 for commenting that I got an infraction for writing “LOL”

We would have done the same thing, don’t troll

Reactions: PK Cronin

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY

I got my 1st ever infraction for saying something negative to a leafs fan last week. I have 5 warning points. Not even sure what that means

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
That third period and honestly the overall effort was pathetic. I really hope this team did not get too cocky from winning a few in a row. These last three games have been bad now. After the St. Louis game I was not worried and then they were slightly better but still not good against Carolina, but tonight against a really poor team getting blown out by the likes of Arizona recently, that was very concerning. To be outplayed that badly is not just a red flag anymore but a sign that not everything is as great as it might have seemed. These guys better get their act together and fast.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Man i am so happy Lehner is finally playing competitive hockey again. He was my favourite player when he was a senator, I have autographed game worn jersey from him. I still believe he will be recognized as one of the leagues top goalies very soon.

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
Man i am so happy Lehner is finally playing competitive hockey again. He was my favourite player when he was a senator, I have autographed game worn jersey from him. I still believe he will be recognized as one of the leagues top goalies very soon.
Lehner won that game for us in the 3rd. Flat out amazing performance to keep the Rangers from getting ahead.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Isles let the Rangers dictate the play way too much. They were very soft overall and their approach was little too methodical. Totally shocked that Butch actually called them out on that. Kind of ironic that the most methodical Islander scores the game winner though.

Isles need to use home ice advantage to their benefit next game.

Also, is the sentiment really that the Isles played bad against Carolina? I thought they were fine overall, just had some bad bounces and atrocious power play.

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
It astonishes me how little the Islanders have faced the Rangers in the playoffs.

I believe the first head to head was in 1979 (correct me if I'm wrong). Then it was 81, 82, 83, 84, and 94.

This isn't the best rivalry in sports and it hasn't been for years; decades. I can remember a time that I used to shake before an Islander/Ranger game. Those days are long gone. I'm happy to win these games, but it's just another game now.

That said, I got amped up for the game against Toronto, and boy, I'm ready for them in the playoffs. If we can have that series (would have to be the 2nd round at best, but most definitely the 3rd round... we'd have to beat Tampa Bay to get there), but if we can have that series, it will reach classic Islander/Ranger levels. Tavares would leave our building crying. I can't put into words how much I hate that guy.

Happy with tonight's game, but we hardly played a great game.

Reactions: 2ndGenIslander

Pumpkin Pal

Oct 17, 2014
I thought the isles pretty clearly outplayed Carolina too. Some incredibly unlucky bounces and a bad pp.

St Louis was bad and the third period tonight was the worst period they've played this year, but they were the better team the first 2 periods. I'm not ready to hit the panic button just yet.

It would be nice to start icing our more talented lineups and get the likes of Johnston back in the press box though.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Flopqvist did that face in ice pose on the last goal, classic

You mean this one:

upload_2019-1-11_1-49-56.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-11_1-49-1.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-11_1-49-1.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Although it was a bad 3rd period, I thought they outplayed the Rags overall.
Another terrible game by Leddy.
I love RJ, but I disagreed with the decision to play him.
That opening penalty was the dumbest call ever...

Reactions: dood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad