GDT: #42| New York Islanders @ New York Rangers | January 10th | 7:00 PM | F/W 4-3

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
You know Trotz will be all over these guys tomorrow, so a good sign will be if the Isles dominate play Saturday and win like 5-1.

Bad sign will be if they play the same.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
At what cost? What good is Martin if we need Ross to step up.

the 3rd line was a disaster all game. That is until ross was benched for the entire 3rd period. So useless. This team is better with MDC and ho sang in the line up. That's 100% clear.

The first two periods were fine. Martin is part of an important shut down line. When Johnston was benched the game became a shit show. So maybe they needed more Johnston.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
It's a very good point. ranger games are different, but if this doesn't wake them up...
I was pretty surprised they were still sleeping. Doesnt make me feel warm and cozy. I hope they dont forget they are not good enough to sleep walk

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Isles had only one shot on goal in the third, and it went in? And it was the GWG?

That is truly nuts. A first for the team/rivalry?

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
I'm new to ice hockey... But in how many sports can you punch a ref and not get penalised ?? What is that about???

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I just got 2 infractions. 1 for writing “lol” and then 1 for commenting that I got an infraction for writing “LOL”

Some people on here take themselves way to serious.

Like the 5th grade hall monitor who thinks he’s in the FBI
Some people take their jobs waaay to seriously.

Reactions: PuckItUp27

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I just got 2 infractions. 1 for writing “lol” and then 1 for commenting that I got an infraction for writing “LOL”

Rangers fans are so touchy.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
We got a needed two points tonight but didn't play well against an awful team that has played a lot of games with a lot of travel lately.

The third line was a bigtime liability. The line is penned in the defensive zone way too easily. It makes us too easy to play against. Komorov took another undisciplined costly penalty tonight. Hopefully coach sticks with accountability and he pays a price until he gets it together, especially considering the talent that is being kept out of the lineup so that he can play.

Loved Barzal and the power play tonight. I guess we were due for the power play to bail us out for a game considering how many points an awful power play has cost us this year.

Gotta get two more points Saturday afternoon against these guys with the Golden State Lightning coming to town.

Reactions: SteveH124

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

That's f***ing weak. Typical though.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Well that 3rd period stunk and we won, seems like our fortunes may be reversing

The Good

Barzal - 3 points, just great

Nelson - he is the key forward defending in a 5 on 3 setting, he also was key forward on ice with goalie pulled...

4th line - all guys had their solid moments

David Quinn - guy is a good coach, he has a bunch of junky players and they are competitive

The Bad

Defense - just horrible at clearing the puck in the 3rd period

Beau - he is fatiguing too fast

Strome - hate that he scored a goal against us

We kind of miss Ho-Sang, he has energy at times when no has any

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013
That was one of the worst 3rd periods I’ve ever witnessed. Three bad games in a row, yet two wins. Keep playing like this, and the winning won’t last.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Hockey is a funny game. IMO, our best game of the past three was the Carolina game at the Coliseum. Yet somehow we get 2 points vs STL and NYR after playing like shit and take a kick in the balls and 0pts vs the Canes. Oh well... onto Saturday!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad