Music: 40 years of Metallica

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Pretty decent song

1st minute was kinda bland but it got better as it went on. I don't like it as much as the singles from Hardwired, with the exception of maybe Hardwired itself. But I am unabashed defender of Load/Reload and love all the callbacks to the Load/ReLoad sound spread around Hardwired so that album kinda hit me different.

Still enjoyable though, and it's obviously the kinda punchy 3 minute tune so excited to hear the longer stuff.

Reactions: PBandJ

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Considering how much Phil Anselmo used to (rightfully) bash Metallica onstage mercilessly back in the day for selling out and being a bunch of corporate p***yes, seeing this bill feels very very wrong. :facepalm: :laugh: :help:

Why put Pantera with Metallica?? Pair the reunited “Pantera” (or let’s be fair…this half-assed cashgrab lineup without Dime and Vinnie) with Exodus or why not bring Sodom overseas or something? :)

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Considering how much Phil Anselmo used to (rightfully) bash Metallica onstage mercilessly back in the day for selling out and being a bunch of corporate p***yes, seeing this bill feels very very wrong. :facepalm: :laugh: :help:

Why put Pantera with Metallica?? Pair the reunited “Pantera” (or let’s be fair…this half-assed cashgrab lineup without Dime and Vinnie) with Exodus or why not bring Sodom overseas or something? :)
I'm kinda surprised at Wolf being on the bill. Super talented dude and I dig his album, but he seems a little out of place :laugh:

Mongo

Mongo likes candy!
Nov 27, 2008
Vermont
No idea but I'm guessing they're are going to be a pretty penny

I saw there will be "dynamic pricing" for these shows, so it will probably get expensive.

But I am using the metallica enhanced experiences to try and figure out a price point. I'd guess lower bowl seats will be in the high 300s to low 400s based on the seek and destroy packages.

Thanks! Any idea about the price? I hate that you have to buy both shows
I saw something saying single day tickets will be put on sale Jan 20

• Wow
Reactions: Andy

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Can Newstead get time off from Guitar Center?

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I haven't bothered to listen to any new Metallica since the St. Anger debacle, but that was fairly decent - a little bloated, honestly (trim the intro a bit), but I'm always here for Diamond Head worship. I may actual bother to give this a listen and look at their more recent releases.

It doesn't break any new ground and I'd be shocked if I thought it would make my end of year list, but not everything needs to meet those standards. Very few "legacy" acts seem to do so, anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: beowulf

Mongo

Mongo likes candy!
Nov 27, 2008
Vermont
I haven't bothered to listen to any new Metallica since the St. Anger debacle, but that was fairly decent - a little bloated, honestly (trim the intro a bit), but I'm always here for Diamond Head worship. I may actual bother to give this a listen and look at their more recent releases.

It doesn't break any new ground and I'd be shocked if I thought it would make my end of year list, but not everything needs to meet those standards. Very few "legacy" acts seem to do so, anyway.
I don't think people can't expect bands to keep turning out amazing content, especially this late into their career. Since St. Anger they've had a few decent songs on Death magnetic and Hardwired. Spit out the Bone on the latter, was a banger imo.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008

I'm a big fan of Death Magnetic, which was somewhat of a return to their roots. Hardwired had its moments, but is an average album in my opinion.

Not a huge fan of Lux Æterna after one listen, but maybe it'll grow on me...

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021

It ain't Pantera.

I am a HUGE, HUGE fan of almost everything they did from Cowboys (inclusive) onwards but this shit ain't Pantera. If Dimebag and Vinnie are gone there is no Pantera. Period.

CoyoteUgly

Feb 11, 2004
if you guys had to take a guess, do you think they will add more shows to this tour or are they going to leave it at what they have? I live in Denver and am willing to fly to Phoenix for the shows, but i dont want to plan that and have them add a Denver show (Although lastime here, the denver show was delayed for lightning, i noticed the US shows are indoors so maybe that's their goal?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
if you guys had to take a guess, do you think they will add more shows to this tour or are they going to leave it at what they have? I live in Denver and am willing to fly to Phoenix for the shows, but i dont want to plan that and have them add a Denver show (Although lastime here, the denver show was delayed for lightning, i noticed the US shows are indoors so maybe that's their goal?
From what I've been reading, they have 0 plans of adding more shows.

Reactions: CoyoteUgly

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Anyone know what the prices are for GA Metallica tickets in Montreal? I know the two day pass tickets go on sale first this week and single day tickets Jan 20th. I can’t seem to find anything on prices to give me an idea…

It ain't Pantera.

I am a HUGE, HUGE fan of almost everything they did from Cowboys (inclusive) onwards but this shit ain't Pantera. If Dimebag and Vinnie are gone there is no Pantera. Period.
It’s a celebration of Pantera’s career. Of course it’s not the same as having the Abbott brothers on stage but I’m sure it would be a great night nonetheless. Zakk Wylde can literally play anything so I know he would do Dimebag proud 🤘😎

Last edited:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Anyone know what the prices are for GA Metallica tickets in Montreal? I know the two day pass tickets go on sale first this week and single day tickets Jan 20th. I can’t seem to find anything on prices to give me an idea…

It’s a celebration of Pantera’s career. Of course it’s not the same as having the Abbott brothers on stage but I’m sure it would be a great night nonetheless. Zakk Wylde can literally play anything so I know he would do Dimebag proud 🤘😎
Pre-sale tickets go on sale tomorrow so we will find out then.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021

Wylde's great. Just don't bill them as Pantera.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Really digging the new single. Musically it reminds me of Kill Em All and has that NWOBHM feel to it and Het still has some bark.

Hopefully the new album is more consistent than Hardwired. The first half is fire and then it drops off badly after Dream No More and doesn't find itself again until Spit out the Bone.

Reactions: Jovavic

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Can Newstead get time off from Guitar Center?
Reminds me of this…

Preach.

Pantera are my #1 favourite band of all-time and I’ve heard all of/love/physically own copies of nearly everything else that Phil Anselmo has ever musically released as side projects (be it Down, Necrophagia, and Christ Inversion…to Viking Crown, Arson Anthem, or Scour) but to me this just screams like a Cashgrab From Hell.

It’s essentially Phil, Rex, & Friends. Which is fine…but don’t f***ing call it Pantera. Call this lineup a “Vulgar Display Of Power” or “Stronger Than All” or hell even “The Medicine Men” :laugh:

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Preach.

Pantera are my #1 favourite band of all-time and I’ve heard all of/love/physically own copies of nearly everything else that Phil Anselmo has ever musically released as side projects (be it Down, Necrophagia, and Christ Inversion…to Viking Crown, Arson Anthem, or Scour) but to me this just screams like a Cashgrab From Hell.

It’s essentially Phil, Rex, & Friends. Which is fine…but don’t f***ing call it Pantera. Call this lineup a “Vulgar Display Of Power” or “Stronger Than All” or hell even “The Medicine Men” :laugh:
Cashgrab From Hell LMAO :laugh:

Pantera and Slayer are my favorite metal bands of all time. It depends on my mood.

As for Metallica...everything they did with Cliff Burton was brilliant IMO. Justice...the songs were great but the recording was atrocious. The vast majority of stuff after that...I'll pass.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Cashgrab From Hell LMAO :laugh:

Pantera and Slayer are my favorite metal bands of all time. It depends on my mood.

As for Metallica...everything they did with Cliff Burton was brilliant IMO. Justice...the songs were great but the recording was atrocious. The vast majority of stuff after that...I'll pass.

Spot on assessment on Metallica.

Kill Em’ All - Justice = perfection. Even though yes..the production on “Justice” is utter dogshit. And I say that as a fan of a shit-ton of old school Death metal and Norwegian Black Metal :laugh: Plus then there’s the whole “Newsted bass” (or lack thereof) debacle… :eyeroll:

The Black Album…ehh. Is it a true Metallica album? Arguably no. Is it a decent hard rock album? Sure. I’ll jam it every now and again but skip the “big hits.”

Frankly if I never heard “Sad But True” or “Enter Sandman” ever again…that’s OK by me.

Plus as Youtube can show us, Metallica still were great live onstage up until about ‘93

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Spot on assessment on Metallica.

Kill Em’ All - Justice = perfection. Even though yes..the production on “Justice” is utter dogshit. And I say that as a fan of a shit-ton of old school Death metal and Norwegian Black Metal :laugh: Plus then there’s the whole “Newsted bass” (or lack thereof) debacle… :eyeroll:

The Black Album…ehh. Is it a true Metallica album? Arguably no. Is it a decent hard rock album? Sure. I’ll jam it every now and again but skip the “big hits.”

Frankly if I never heard “Sad But True” or “Enter Sandman” ever again…that’s OK by me.

Plus as Youtube can show us, Metallica still were great live onstage up until about ‘93
That concert they did in Moscow in 1991 just prior to the fall of the USSR, along with Pantera and others...that was legendary. The authorities didn't know how to handle anything like that. Some Russian kids literally died for metal that day, and that might be the most metal thing of all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad