Music: 40 years of Metallica

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The band has been rocking it for 4 decades now! They are having celebratory shows at home in San Francisco tonight and on the 19th.

When Metallica became global superstars

Some fun pictures from the period that they jumped into world super stars, can't believe the black album has now sold over 30M copies.

s_E74A85075A866E89B2EA16DB8162E51ADF168256AB41328D8B5DC5EF310FAA1D_1638984623727_RHMB051-2.jpg

s_E74A85075A866E89B2EA16DB8162E51ADF168256AB41328D8B5DC5EF310FAA1D_1638986185016_Image-1-1884.jpg

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Anyway, that was a great set and I’m glad I made it up here. Everything was conspiring to stop me from making it here on time too.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I went for a smoke break during Sandman haha

I used The Unforgiven for a bathroom break :laugh:

I personally preferred the set from night one, but The End of the Line, Dirty Window, Am I Evil in full, Bleeding Me and Wasting My Hate were nice surprises. I got a total of 6 songs I had never seen live before over the weekend.

Trapped Under Ice
Shortest Straw
Fixxxer
Breadfan
Dirty Window
Bleeding Me

I envy you lol

so far both shows have been pretty good..and I am not much of a fan past the black album..but imma give them another go

You should. I personally have liked all the albums after TBA, but I have noticed a lot of people who hated the later stuff are starting to come around now that the shock of them not just doing thrash wore off. People are even starting to warm up to St. Anger, partly due to how good the songs sound live.

A few songs to check out: Ain't My Bitch, The House Jack Built, Bleeding Me, The Outlaw Torn, Where The Wild Things Are, Fixxxer, Low Man's Lyric, That Was Just Your Life, All Nightmare Long, Cyanide, Hardwired, Moth Into Flame, Spit Out The Bone

Last edited:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I used The Unforgiven for a bathroom break :laugh:

I personally preferred the set from night one, but The End of the Line, Dirty Window, Am I Evil in full, Bleeding Me and Wasting My Hate were nice surprises. I got a total of 6 songs I had never seen live before over the weekend.

Trapped Under Ice
Shortest Straw
Fixxxer
Breadfan
Dirty Window
Bleeding Me

You should. I personally have liked all the albums after TBA, but I have noticed a lot of people who hated the later stuff are starting to come around now that the shock of them not just doing thrash wore off. People are even starting to warm up to St. Anger, partly due to how good the songs sound live.

A few songs to check out: Ain't My Bitch, The House Jack Built, Bleeding Me, The Outlaw Torn, Where The Wild Things Are, Fixxxer, Low Man's Lyric, That Was Just Your Life, All Nightmare Long, Cyanide, Hardwired, Moth Into Flame, Spit Out The Bone

Honestly, if St Anger didnt have the trash can drums it would've been so well recieved. Those are some aggressive straight ahead songs, but the drum sound ruins them.

Like you said, just go watch live versions of St Anger or Frantic to hear how good they really are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad