Post-Game Talk: #40| Senators at FLYERS | Tue., Jan. 6, 2015

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Voracek deserved a goal tonight. He had 2 bad plays, and so many fantastic plays.

Was a pretty entertaining goalie duel overall.

I'm beginning to wonder if Schenn can register pain. Don't know how many times he's taken a highstick, hard check, gets cut, etc, and when they show him afterwards he's not nursing anything. He's having calm conversation with his teammates like nothing has happened.

Pretty sure his skull is made out of adamantium.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
B. Schenn has taken so much abuse since he's been a Flyer. It's quite astounding.

Nice to see them win, though the game was pretty dull.

Mason was good.

I guess the tanks over. Playoff run! :)

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
I still remember Schenn's quick recovery after the Asham neck crosscheck. Right back on the bench all bright eyed and bushy tailed, just like tonight.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Yup, I noticed he gave Karlsson a little fake with the blocker. I was actually confused since I'd never seen Mason try something unconventional like that. Normally he's extremely technical and mechanical which kind of goes out the window in the shootout when it's more about mentality. That was a lot like something I'd see from Fleury.

That's also what I love about Mason. Very willing to learn.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
that's a good goalie to watch as far as SO's go. Isn't Fleury statistically the best SO goalie in league? If not he's one of the top.

Just please, dont mimic anything else he does. :laugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yup, I noticed he gave Karlsson a little fake with the blocker. I was actually confused since I'd never seen Mason try something unconventional like that. Normally he's extremely technical and mechanical which kind of goes out the window in the shootout when it's more about mentality. That was a lot like something I'd see from Fleury.

That's also what I love about Mason. Very willing to learn.

That was great goaltending. Karlsson's attempt was really strong, Mason just beat him. Just a great night for him.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I want to be happy, but then I remember if not for a "bad" week we could have had Seth Jones 2 years ago.

Darned competitive instinct.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I havent been to that many games, only around like 11 or 12 but in the moments leading up to Wayne going in on the shootout was the loudest I have ever heard the WFC in a regular season game. I knew he was a fan favorite but it was decidedly louder than Jake and G's build up. He deserves it, not only the goal he scored to tie it up but he also had a HUGE blocked shot where he laid his body out in the third, ****ing love this guy.

That's awesome to hear. Flyers fans are so thirsty for any kind of success or good play. Whatever coach gets us to the top is going to be revered.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I want to be happy, but then I remember if not for a "bad" week we could have had Seth Jones 2 years ago.

Darned competitive instinct.

That's a myth. If the Flyers had lost their final 4 games of 12-13 they would have still been behind Nashville in the draft.

And are you sure Jobes is the new Doughty? Cause I'm not.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
That's a myth. If the Flyers had lost their final 4 games of 12-13 they would have still been behind Nashville in the draft.

And are you sure Jobes is the new Doughty? Cause I'm not.

The Flyers won 6 of their last 7 that year which absolutely cost them Jones and even Drouin.

I agree the jury is still out on Jones but i would take him over Morin. I would also take Ristolainen over morin as well, which the Flyers lost out on by winning those games at the end of the year. I believe however that the Flyers had Morin over Ristolainen anyway which is actually a bit troubling IMO. Couple that with wanting Siemens over Hamilton according to rumors and the Flyers ability to identify defensemen does come into question.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
Mason is 9th in the league in SV% for all goalies with over 20 starts this year. that's ahead of guys like Quick, Bobrosvky, Lundquivst to name just a few.

He's been pretty sensational apart from a bad October. His SV% from November on is .928. That's Pekka Rinne like numbers

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
outside of G and Jake who almost always have great games, i think that MDZ and bschenn both played really strong games. I believe PEB has begun to come around as a very skilled defensive forward but deserves a little more time.

I heard a rumor that Umberger played last night. Anyone else notice him because i sure as hell did not!

As much as people like to hate him, Grossman has played well as of late. And when i say played well i mean played HIS game well. He is a slow, stay at home physical D man who doesnt take risks and plays to his strengths. He could be a big suprise come the trade deadline. As an ex goalie im sorta a fan of him.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
I apologize for my inability to use Google search adequately, but, is anyone able to post a link to the Mason Post-Game Interview? Dying to hear what he had to say after that performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad