Post-Game Talk: #40| Senators at FLYERS | Tue., Jan. 6, 2015

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
And it would be .920 something if they hadn't ruined the PK!

Mase says he watched how MAF handles SOs and tried to use some of his techniques for faking out the shooters.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wow all that practice in the shootout and it still took 5 rounds to win it

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
B. Schenn's stitch count tonight was comparable to Del Zotto's the other night: about 20.

B6tkDFiCQAAwiQf.jpg

Simmonds' goal, too: https://twitter.com/search?q=simmonds&src=typd

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Mason deserved the W.

By the way, anyone else annoyed at CSNPhilly's camera angles during shootouts? Ice-level and other views where you can't see anything.

A simple angle where you can see both the shooter and the net is all we need.

Frustrating.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Yeh, he has played 95 regular season games accounting for over 5400 minutes for us now as well... and has .919 SV% in that time.

Still cannot believe some on the mainboards think we have a goalie problem.

How does he rank against other goalies in the same time frame?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
How does he rank against other goalies in the same time frame?

11th amongst starters (4000+ minutes, 23 goalies have played that much) in SV% since joining the Flyers. Tonight probably pulled him up to 10th behind:

Rask, Bobrovsky, Price, Varmalov, Bernier, Schneider, Luongo, Lundqvist and Bishop.

If you include playoffs he is 9th after Rask, Lundqvist, Bernier, Bobrovsky, Varmalov, Price, Luongo and Bishop.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
G and Coots had the goalie beat but just hurried their shots. I'm still in shock we won after that.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
11th amongst starters (4000+ minutes, 23 goalies have played that much) in SV% since joining the Flyers. Tonight probably pulled him up to 10th behind:

Rask, Bobrovsky, Price, Varmalov, Bernier, Schneider, Luongo, Lundqvist and Bishop.

If you include playoffs he is 9th after Rask, Lundqvist, Bernier, Bobrovsky, Varmalov, Price, Luongo and Bishop.

Has anybody posted this on the main board?

Its a little misleading because quick and Rinne are both also better

MadFerIt95*

I havent been to that many games, only around like 11 or 12 but in the moments leading up to Wayne going in on the shootout was the loudest I have ever heard the WFC in a regular season game. I knew he was a fan favorite but it was decidedly louder than Jake and G's build up. He deserves it, not only the goal he scored to tie it up but he also had a HUGE blocked shot where he laid his body out in the third, ****ing love this guy.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Voracek deserved a goal tonight. He had 2 bad plays, and so many fantastic plays.

Was a pretty entertaining goalie duel overall.

I'm beginning to wonder if Schenn can register pain. Don't know how many times he's taken a highstick, hard check, gets cut, etc, and when they show him afterwards he's not nursing anything. He's having calm conversation with his teammates like nothing has happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad