Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Official Three Stars:
  1. Read
  2. Mason
  3. Medvedev

th

GDT -- http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2009327

Box score and event summary (stats) -- http://flyers.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020615

Last edited:

Vlad*

good tier:
everyone

bad tier:
no one

why are you still in the NHL tier:
RJ Umberger

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Great win.

Couts line is fantastic, G line was dangerous but no luck, PP was trash, and overall it was a good performance.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Most dominant performance I've seen in a while from the Flyers.

I love the 2nd line. Great chemistry.
Read was great, as well. Glad he got a goal.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Couts is god.

And Laughton is starting to look like a player the last few games.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Tavares is like 60th something league wide in points, sheesh.

Good time to go streaking. Hopefully Gostisbehere & Weal are in the lineup on Wednesday against Boston.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Not to be a Debbie Downer here... I haven't had a chance to watch them recently, but it seems they've been putting up points and Giroux just hasn't. How has his play been? When I was watching earlier in the year he was everywhere and putting up points. He's on pace for less than 70 points this year, his production is falling off badly from where it was 2 years ago.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Not to be a Debbie Downer here... I haven't had a chance to watch them recently, but it seems they've been putting up points and Giroux just hasn't. How has his play been? When I was watching earlier in the year he was everywhere and putting up points. He's on pace for less than 70 points this year, his production is falling off badly from where it was 2 years ago.

G has been fine. For the most part that line is still creating chances and carrying play. If there's anyone on that line that has disappointed me it's Jake (and I wasn't as bothered by his play as others earlier in the year). They'll be fine... the puck will go in eventually - they're not playing bad, it's just a matter of time.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
When I see the 1st line I see 3 players who are pretty good individually but I don't see much chemistry right now. Which is strange because Voracek and Simmonds had great chemistry when they were playing with Couturier.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Weather too crappy for party boat. Firing up the bus instead.

Couturier is doing a lot of things he supposedly doesn't do, like scoring, and scoring around the net.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Giroux was really good today... he actually set Voracek up for an EN goal about 3ft out, but Jake missed it first time then puck got cleared. In the first he also won a clean draw for a point shot that jumped off Halaks shoulder and landed behind him... but died flat on ice instead of going in. Oh, and Streit hit a post off a play Giroux would have got a point on (I believe.)

He has been a bit off before today in last ~5 games... but has been seriously snakbitten. Yesterday Jake hit a post off his pass as well, and Simmer missed an EN off his pass as well!

He could have had ~4 point in the last 2 games simply having average luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad