GDT: #40 – Sabres at Jets – Tue Apr 9 – 8:00PM ET – TV: MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
gdt-17-top-1.png
gdt-17-top-2.png

gdt-17-top-3.png
gdt-17-top-4.png

GDT #40: SABRES (16-17-6) at JETS (19-19-2) – TUE APR 9 – 8:00PM ET – TV: MSG-B – RADIO: WGR-AM

4.7 – Kane puts on a klinic (Melissa Martin – Winnipeg Free Press)

4.7 – No magic, just hard work (Tim Campbell – Winnipeg Free Press)

4.7 – Jets' top line steps up (Melissa Martin – Winnipeg Free Press)

4.8 – Gerbe, Miller lead Sabres to shootout victory (Mike Harrington – The Buffalo News)

4.8 – Sabres notebook: Young players must fill leadership void (Mike Harrington – The Buffalo News)

4.8 – Sabres overcome crowd and Devils to win in shootout (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

4.8 – Sabres veteran Hecht thriving in reduced role (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

4.8 – College stopper on Chevy's list signs up (Tim Campbell – Winnipeg Free Press)

4.8 – It's all about intensity now (Tim Campbell – Winnipeg Free Press)

4.8 – Buff just 'sitting around a lot' now (Tim Campbell – Winnipeg Free Press)

4.9 – Miller steps up for Sabres with time winding down (Mike Harrington – The Buffalo News)

4.9 – Goalie prospect Hackett upbeat about future with Sabres (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)​
header-350x60-team-news-left.png
header-350x60-default-right.png

BUFFALO SABRES

Projected Lineup

9 Steve Ott ("A") - 19 Cody Hodgson - 42 Nathan Gerbe
26 Thomas Vanek ("A") - 63 Tyler Ennis - 21 Drew Stafford ("A")
82 Marcus Foligno - 12 Kevin Porter - 65 Brian Flynn
32 John Scott - 55 Jochen Hecht - 36 Patrick Kaleta

10 Christian Ehrhoff - 57 Tyler Myers
44 Andrej Sekera - 6 Mike Weber
55 Adam Pardy - 53 Mark Pysyk

30 Ryan Miller
1 Jhonas Enroth

Lineup News & Notes

Ville Leino (UBI), Alexander Sulzer (IR; ACL) and Thomas Vanek (UBI, muscle strain) were scratched in Sunday's
3-2 SOW over New Jersey. Leino remains out, with Ryan Miller confirmed to start in goal. Vanek is a "possibility."

Weekly Transactions

Buffalo traded Jason Pominville to Minnesota before last Wednesday's trade deadline, acquiring Johan Larsson,
Matt Hackett and two draft picks.

According to the Stats

Buffalo are 0-1-0 in one of three games versus Winnipeg this season.​
header-350x60-opp-news-left.png
header-350x60-opp-news-right.png

WINNIPEG JETS

Projected Lineup

16 Andrew Ladd ("C") - 18 Bryan Little - 26 Blake Wheeler
9 Evander Kane - 12 Olli Jokinen ("A") - 13 Kyle Wellwood
27 Eric Tangradi - 8 Alexander Burmistrov - 15 Mike Santorelli
17 James Wright - 21 Aaron Gagnon - 22 Chris Thorburn

6 Ron Hainsey - 44 Zach Bogosian
39 Tobias Enstrom - 33 Dustin Byfuglien
5 Mark Stuart ("A") - 24 Grant Clitsome

31 Ondrej Pavelec
35 Al Montoya

Lineup News & Notes

Nik Antropov (LBI), Arturs Kulda, Derek Meech, Antti Miettinen, Anthony Peluso (IR; hand), Paul Postma, Zach
Redmond (IR; laceration), Jim Slater (IR; hand) and Jacob Trouba were scratched in Saturday's 4-1 win over
Philadelphia.

Weekly Transactions

Winnipeg claimed Mike Santorelli off waivers from Florida last week. They also signed Jacob Trouba to an ELC,
recalled Aaron Gagnon from St. John's, reassigned Patrice Cormier and signed Juho Olkinuora to an ELC.

According to the Stats

Winnipeg are 1-0-0 in one of three games versus Buffalo this season.​

header-350x60-stats-standings-left.png
header-350x60-stats-standings-right.png

gdt-40-stats-standings-1.png
gdt-40-stats-standings-2.png

header-350x60-multimedia-left.png
header-350x60-default-right.png

Last edited:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
LalalalalalalalalalalalaLAWWWWCE-FON-TAAAIIINE

Seaingue that we sceame to lewz all geighmes by wungole, ill seigh:

5-4 Jhetce

Cain, Rite, Bhermeaschrophve, Lad, Bhuhfphlynne

Hahdjcin, Airhahfph, Party, Whebbre (3 goles bi 3 diphrint deamenne!)

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
For me this game means it all. If we win we make the postseason, if not we don't. It's as simple as that for me. Truest test for this young team. Not saying it'll be difficult but it's what the game means, not the opposition.

TheHoff

Apr 11, 2007
LalalalalalalalalalalalaLAWWWWCE-FON-TAAAIIINE

Seaingue that we sceame to lewz all geighmes by wungole, ill seigh:

5-4 Jhetce

Cain, Rite, Bhermeaschrophve, Lad, Bhuhfphlynne

Hahdjcin, Airhahfph, Party, Whebbre (3 goles bi 3 diphrint deamenne!)

It's getting soooooo stressful to read the names, because you always predicting losses like the last five games or so. :laugh:

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Sabres fans have become the Grinch that stole the playoffs!

2 points out! The tank has officially been busted.

Im ready for a memorable run. Come on Sabre fans, lets get behind them!

3-2 Sabres
Vanek 2x
Ehrhoff

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Vanek is back tonight100%.
The sabres win and than 2 points =....Play Offs-:handclap::sarcasm:

Amazing, isn't it. I can't believe we actually have a meaningful game at this point in the season. I've been treating this team very casually, in that I haven't really cared if they win or lose, especially when I realized how bad some of the tankers were, but if they win in regulation tonight, I'll be full steam ahead, playoff push mode.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
ROW. Please.

They beat the Devils, a team in front of them. They have to do the same to WPG, but in regulation.

How hilarious would it be if this team makes the playoffs after trading Pominville, Regehr and Leopold? It'd be damn nice for some of the younger guys to get some playoff experience early in their career.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Stepping back from the To Tank or Not To Tank for a moment, because the players are very obviously trying to win every game and make the playoffs (as they should)...

I rarely say this, but I think tonight is almost entirely on Miller. Road game in a hostile environment against another team fighting for its playoff life is never an easy one to win, especially without all the veteran experience that has been traded away (some of it for the better, obviously). Miller needs to do whatever he has to do to get the two points tonight. If they win, they're two points out of a playoff spot with a three-game homestand coming up against a team they've beaten in 3 of 4 games (Montreal), and two non-playoff teams (Philadelphia, Tampa Bay). I'll also be watching the guys who've been talking to the media about how they wanted Darcy to be a buyer (Hoff, Ott) to see how they perform.

I'm anxious to see if this is just another case of the team performing well when all expectations were gone and there was little pressure. Put up, or shut the **** up.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Wow, that tape delay thing is silly. Gamecenter is hopefully on point.

I bet it's because it's baseball season. The packages share channels and when there are too many, something gets pushed out. Of course, game 3 of 162 trumps the last 10 of 48 in a playoff race.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I would take any playoff series over a tank. Go Sabres tonight! Have been in Florida the last few days and went to two Panthers games. There fans are louder than our fans despite being in last place in the conference. They also root for the team with a minute left and down one goal. Made me have a different perspective on our team and our arena. We need to root for our team no matter what! GO SABS~

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad