GDT: #40 – Sabres at Jets – Tue Apr 9 – 8:00PM ET – TV: MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
Winnipeg fans are so incredibly irritating. Its not the noise factor, its the constant yelling of "MIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER" from every random drunk moron in the building.

Then they start with these "silver medal" chants because they think they are so clever. Great chant except for the fact that the guy was the best player in the tournament and carried his team.

It reminds me of a college basketball game, with fans incessantly chanting various obnoxious things. Kinda funny really.

Its a great accomplishment that I'm sure he is proud of.

It is a great accomplishment...yet I'll bet it bothers Miller to this day that it wasn't the oh-so-close gold. Ever come in second after sniffing first? Bittersweet.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
This post makes me think that you believe buffalo fans are harder on their players than other cities. Or we are the only fan base to boo. I don't agree. Correct me if I'm deducing wrong.

Buffalo fans harder on their players than other cities? ... I don't know.. I wouldn't dare venture a guess. Its not really the point. I've disliked the FNC crowd for awhile now... quick to boo...and not much positive energy. All I'm saying is I'm envious of the Winnipeg crowd...and would be much more forgiving of the boos if actual cheering and support was going on throughout the game.

I'd be pissed too if I was a player and my home crowd was booing the team. Especially a team that stunk. People get all bent out of shape about the money they are spending....it's simple...don't go. Don't buy your tickets or sell them. People forget about all the good and positive the players and organization bring to the community...yet don't forget about calling them spoiled millionaires (ect ect) ..Again...YOU the fans determine the salary ..if you think they're paid too much...stop buying ****.

End of the day...hockey is a game. Yet some..take it way too seriously as a fan.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
It reminds me of a college basketball game, with fans incessantly chanting various obnoxious things. Kinda funny really.

It is a great accomplishment...yet I'll bet it bothers Miller to this day that it wasn't the oh-so-close gold. Ever come in second after sniffing first? Bittersweet.

Bittersweet until you have the chance to really think about it once the sting wears off. I suspect its worn off by now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad