GDT: #40 – Sabres at Jets – Tue Apr 9 – 8:00PM ET – TV: MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM

CrankyJay

May 17, 2006
Lancaster, NY
I would take any playoff series over a tank. Go Sabres tonight! Have been in Florida the last few days and went to two Panthers games. There fans are louder than our fans despite being in last place in the conference. They also root for the team with a minute left and down one goal. Made me have a different perspective on our team and our arena. We need to root for our team no matter what! GO SABS~

Are you sure those aren't transplants cheering for the visiting team? :laugh:

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010

I go to tons of Panthers games. They can be quite loud. It has a similar atmosphere as Sabres/Leafs games in Buffalo do, with competing fans trying to one-up each other. Except it's almost every game. The only games I don't like to go to are the games against Toronto and Montreal. Terrible fans, extremely rude and condescending.

Buffalo fans are really loud down here too.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Winnipeg is a tough place to play. I'd be very impressed if they came away with a win. I'm not feeling confident about that, though.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
I cannot believe that a win puts us two points out...

Granted we'd be down a game and a tiebreaker.

But man...the East is bad this year.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY

Nope, 90% panthers fans for both the Caps and Sens game I went to. They won 7th man award last year for how good there fans are down here. (Hockey thriving in the sun belt) It was awesome to see. Even when Caps were winning 4-0 the crowd was still very loud and kept them in the game. They came back and almost tied it 4-4 in the 3rd, but fell short.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I bet it's because it's baseball season. The packages share channels and when there are too many, something gets pushed out. Of course, game 3 of 162 trumps the last 10 of 48 in a playoff race.

this. half the ****ing channels are now baseball games.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
I would take any playoff series over a tank. Go Sabres tonight! Have been in Florida the last few days and went to two Panthers games. There fans are louder than our fans despite being in last place in the conference. They also root for the team with a minute left and down one goal. Made me have a different perspective on our team and our arena. We need to root for our team no matter what! GO SABS~

That's because we have expectations as a northern hockey market.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Let's get a win here and get into the playoffs! Then I won't get weird looks when I wear my Sabres jersey outside.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I bet it's because it's baseball season. The packages share channels and when there are too many, something gets pushed out. Of course, game 3 of 162 trumps the last 10 of 48 in a playoff race.

Yep.

But the nice thing is that in "payment" for this, the Philly and TB games are both MSG feeds.....and both in HD for me (I get HD games for Channel 01).

And it looks like this is the only tape-delayed game this year.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
I will be at this game.

Only question is which jersey to wear. Vanek or Myers? No brainer if Vanek is back... is he?

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Vanek is back tonight100%.
The sabres win and than 2 points =....Play Offs-:handclap::sarcasm:

Slovak, a lot of people just skim the 1st page to see if an injured player will be in the line-up. Please don't report injury updates, unless you have a source. Thanx.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad