GDT: #4: Pittsburgh Penguins VS Winnipeg Jets @ MTS Centre|Jan.25.2013|8:00PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I honestly think we're coming back in this game though. Malkin and Sid have been playing angry all night.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I know Bylsma had that amazing start to his coaching career. But how long does this have to go on before we consider replacing him?
Bylsma gets 1 more year and Shero gets 2 more years imo. Outside #71, 87, 18, and 58, this roster is weak. Should've never let Scuderi and Malone walk. For 3 mill and 4 mill respectively, they would fit this team like a glove.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
People have said it multiple times tonight, actually... When you have a line with 3 players of the same shooting persuasion, it's hard to avoid having someone on their "off-wing"...

And why put Kennedy and Cooke on their off-wings when you don't need to?

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
Down a goal with a period to go. Can't believe Mario didn't sell the team during the intermission. We're clearly never going to win a game again.

hctopcheds11

Oct 6, 2009
Well only a little. I literally said that yesterday when we found out Kennedy was being put with Malkin.

It's so important though that the guy they get to play on the other side is a guy who can handle the puck and make plays.

I watch Neal play off Geno and can only imagine what 87 could do if he had a guy of that caliber on his line.

Medic412

Jan 22, 2013
how is Bennett going to fix what's happening? Pens have had chances out their pores, it's turnovers and defense that's the issue, imo

Can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket.

Seriously three unanswered goal WTF:rant:

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Did Bylsma not know he's allowed to pull the goalie w/ 1.9 seconds left and a faceoff in their zone?

Hey, remember the last time a Pen threw a big hit? Yeah me neither.

This team is playing eerily similar to the end of last year. Not suprising I guess since our only upgrade was Glass for Asham. Nice offseason Ray.
Dupuis in the 1st period.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
I was mad about the Pens play & was going to post about it. Then it took me 12 minutes to make a post because of that stupid Hansel & Gretel advertisement that keeps crashing my browser. Now my rage is focused there.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Enough with the stretch passes. That's all our offense is anymore. How about rushes with proper puck support with intermittent stretch passes when the pass is there?

DB is coaching this team into the ground.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Gotta be mentally strong in this period. I understand frustration but we are playing in the loudest building and a team thriving on the fans.

Relax... let's win this period and get 2 pts.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Has DB ever called a time-out during a sequence of giving up a number of goals in a row? Feels like he never, ever does, just keeps that TO in his pocket.

Or maybe he did call one and I completely missed out on it.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
It's so important though that the guy they get to play on the other side is a guy who can handle the puck and make plays.

I watch Neal play off Geno and can only imagine what 87 could do if he had a guy of that caliber on his line.

Well... there's Kennedy who can make plays, carry the puck, and plays the same style of game. Don't worry about that though. The only place Kennedy is allowed to play is on Malkin's or Sutter's line.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
Relax... let's win this period and get 2 pts.

Remember when they'd pull these games out a few years ago? The frustrating thing about this team the past couple years is they'd have a period like this and just mail it in the rest of the game.

Maybe they come out with a different mindset than last period. I'm not counting on it.

Medic412

Jan 22, 2013
Down a goal with a period to go. Can't believe Mario didn't sell the team during the intermission. We're clearly never going to win a game again.

Seriously were only down a goal and people are acting like we're not going to make the playoffs :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad