GDT: #4: Pittsburgh Penguins VS Winnipeg Jets @ MTS Centre|Jan.25.2013|8:00PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Putting guys on their off-wings makes it harder to clear the puck out of their own zone. Saw this coming, but no one wanted to listen.

hctopcheds11

Oct 6, 2009
Hey there's a novel idea. I wonder where I heard that before.

I know your being sarcastic but it'd painfully obvious.

Sid and Duper have been on the same page 10X's as much as with Kunitz. Lets get someone who's more handsy on the other side and our top 6 will be set in stone.

Sh00terMcGavin

#Leadership
Jul 5, 2011
Pittsburgh
220px-Rob_Scuderi_SCF_Game_6_2009-06-06.JPG

I miss you Scuds, you beautiful son of a gun.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I don't understand why we can't just try out Bennett? IF he doesn't work, send him down. Its pretty simple logic.

And DESPRES? ****ING BYLSMA IS SCREWING HIM UP.

how is Bennett going to fix what's happening? Pens have had chances out their pores, it's turnovers and defense that's the issue, imo

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
To many lazy give aways. Malkin bad play. No question this is a team that is lacking discipline from time to time. To many small third line guys who just can't finish. Bylsma's kind of players. It will take another loss in the playoffs until Mario figures out Shero and his decision to keep Bylsma this year is costing this franchise millions in playoff revenue. I will hold judgement until Bennett arrives and maybe is the finisher for Sid. Unless that happens, these wingers will continue to be average at best.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Putting guys on their off-wings makes it harder to clear the puck out of their own zone. Saw this coming, but no one wanted to listen.

People have said it multiple times tonight, actually... When you have a line with 3 players of the same shooting persuasion, it's hard to avoid having someone on their "off-wing"...

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I know your being sarcastic but it'd painfully obvious.

Sid and Duper have been on the same page 10X's as much as with Kunitz. Lets get someone who's more handsy on the other side and our top 6 will be set in stone.

Well only a little. I literally said that yesterday when we found out Kennedy was being put with Malkin.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
That second period looked eerily similar to the one against the Leafs, where the momentum completely shifted and the Pens looked like crap. Hopefully the third period doesn't follow that same pattern.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Did Bylsma not know he's allowed to pull the goalie w/ 1.9 seconds left and a faceoff in their zone?

Hey, remember the last time a Pen threw a big hit? Yeah me neither.

This team is playing eerily similar to the end of last year. Not suprising I guess since our only upgrade was Glass for Asham. Nice offseason Ray.

2 games ago, lol.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Not blaming this on the D. It's the forwards with give away after give away after give away.

The cup finals teams were badass because the forwards were such pimps defensively. Now they're ****ing cherry pickers and clearly "above" playing crushing defense.

now you may be onto something sir.......

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
I think we're witnessing what will prove to be a steep and rapid decline of Chris Kunitz's hockey skills.

On that one turnover he was out way too long on an extended shift. I saw that turnover coming because his line mates were already off and he was forced to stay out. I am not too worried about CK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad