GDT: #4: Pittsburgh Penguins VS Winnipeg Jets @ MTS Centre|Jan.25.2013|8:00PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This team turns over the puck so much, it's ridiculous. What's with this roster? Apparently they only show up and play with some fire against division rivals.

Sh00terMcGavin

#Leadership
Jul 5, 2011
Pittsburgh
sadly i agree. anyone who thinks this team is still a Cup contender at this point just hasn't watched a single game this year.

i also want Lovejoy off this ****ing team. i want to say he's worthless, but that gives him just a bit too much credit.
But...but..but "top 5 defenseman on any other team" according to Steigy :cry:

Tafkak

Feb 2, 2005
Novi, MI.
Bridge-jumper.gif

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
To me.. the turnovers are a combination of us not stopping/starting and not supporting the puck. In '09, we were 5-6 feet away from the pass. Now we are trying to make huge stretch passes 24/7. Support the ****ing puck and for crying out loud STOP AND START.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Not much has changed since the playoffs last year it would seem. There is still zero accountability on this team. You can dog it out there as much as you want, make the same mistakes over and over again, and still expect the same ice time.

Cooke almost gives the Jets a goal to end the first with a brutal turnover, then does give them a goal to start the second with a similar brutal turnover, and yet sees no change in his ice time since then.

There isn't a player on this team other than 87 that deserves to see the ice in the third with their effort so far.

Totally disagree, sir!

Tangradi and Despres were held accountable damn it!

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
Not blaming this on the D. It's the forwards with give away after give away after give away.

The cup finals teams were badass because the forwards were such pimps defensively. Now they're ****ing cherry pickers and clearly "above" playing crushing defense.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I think we're witnessing what will prove to be a steep and rapid decline of Chris Kunitz's hockey skills.

AccuracyFive

87SidGeno71
May 16, 2012
I don't understand why we can't just try out Bennett? IF he doesn't work, send him down. Its pretty simple logic.

And DESPRES? ****ING BYLSMA IS SCREWING HIM UP.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I know Bylsma had that amazing start to his coaching career. But how long does this have to go on before we consider replacing him?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Not much has changed since the playoffs last year it would seem. There is still zero accountability on this team. You can dog it out there as much as you want, make the same mistakes over and over again, and still expect the same ice time.

Cooke almost gives the Jets a goal to end the first with a brutal turnover, then does give them a goal to start the second with a similar brutal turnover, and yet sees no change in his ice time since then.

There isn't a player on this team other than 87 that deserves to see the ice in the third with their effort so far.
Agreed. It's early, but this team isn't winning anything as presently constructed. Soft, porous defense, and the vaunted pens cycling game has completely disappeared.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Without these two, the game is easily 5-0 Jets right now.

Pavelec has a couple of superb stops in the second period also though.

But the really bad thing is that we are just not playing structured hockey at any end of the rink. We are about individual efforts and offense off the rush. We appear what we appeared most of last season unless Malkin's line was in God-mode: a poorly coached team.

May 10, 2010
This team is playing like ****. No semblance of organization, terrible coverage, and sloppy play.

Same players, same coaches. Why would it be different? They couldn't play defense to start last season and they couldn't play it to end it. Why would it suddenly be good?

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Did Bylsma not know he's allowed to pull the goalie w/ 1.9 seconds left and a faceoff in their zone?

Hey, remember the last time a Pen threw a big hit? Yeah me neither.

This team is playing eerily similar to the end of last year. Not suprising I guess since our only upgrade was Glass for Asham. Nice offseason Ray.

AccuracyFive

87SidGeno71
May 16, 2012
To me.. the turnovers are a combination of us not stopping/starting and not supporting the puck. In '09, we were 5-6 feet away from the pass. Now we are trying to make huge stretch passes 24/7. Support the ****ing puck and for crying out loud STOP AND START.

DB GET THE **** OUT. WE GOT A NEW COACH. ^ (Not meant to be sarcastic but actually genuine.)

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea none of this is surprising.
Same defense core as last year minus Z.

This team is a top six winger and 2 solid defensemen(pp guy/shutdown guy) away. Also, maybe a new coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad