GDT: #4| New York Islanders @ Chicago Blawkhawks| October 11 | 8PM | F/L 2-3

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Anyone else think we should roll with Poulin in this game? Chicago will have their back up in and I just have a bad feeling that Nabby wouldn't do so well against such a high scoring team.

I gave it some thought, but only because Chicago is going with Khabibulin, and maybe running Poulin out there will give them a false sense of security that they can lay back and win this game. I'd still go with Nabby though, as Poulin has a better chance against Nashville.

DktrFaustus

Dec 22, 2011
brooklyn
nabby gives us the best chance of winning tomorrow. ease poulin in with nashville. no need to destroy his confidence this early.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Would rather see Okposo sit over either of them. Clutterbuck is basically Okposo with more hitting, better skating and more offensive skill. (Not hard considering Okposo's offensive skill is like a 3/10)

Yeah CC's total 10 pts last season, show what a powerhouse he is offensively.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I hope the isles view this game a benchmark, a chance to see how they stack up against the league's elite team whem both are healthy. Should be a good game, with Chicago trying to end a short losing streak and the isles trying to establish themselves.

Let's go Islanders

simbo042

Apr 24, 2013
Newcastle, UK
I reallllllllllllly hope cappy makes the smart move and sits Bouchard over Nelson. Staple reported its between those two for Clutterbuck to get into the lineup. It's gonna be tough but this game is winnable... Keep the point streak going and lets get 2!

I'd prefer Cappy did this too, but past form indicates "experience" will beat out the rookie. Still disappointed with the handling of Ullstrom last year...

Anyway, it will be interesting to see Cal play his first game and I'm banking on Nabby to start in net. Probably best not to throw Poulin to the wolves in his first start!

Can't wait to see how the guys perform under pressure away from home.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Wow..GDT is early and already at page 2? I think this is gonna be a good game. GO ISLES!

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Anyway, it will be interesting to see Cal play his first game and I'm banking on Nabby to start in net. Probably best not to throw Poulin to the wolves in his first start!

I'm on board with this.. Would you rather throw a shakey goalie at the defending champs or throw him at a team that has always struggled offensively? I think its a no brainer...

Last edited:

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
just a small call out to the Rangers getting CRUSHED the past two games. SO ****ING AWESOME.

Ok.. carry on..

Edit: LETS GO ISLES!!!

StumpNYI

Sep 10, 2010
Picked a bad night to have my bachelor party. Really wanted to watch this one.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Khabibulin is starting? Isles still get no respect. They are playing Buffalo Saturday, a team with less goals in 5 games than the Isles got against Phoenix. They haven't played since Tuesday. WTF.

Now I really want to win and win big. I am insulted as an Islander fan. **** them.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
To me this is actually a pretty big game. Its a game that if we get blown out could bring us back down to earth but its competitive we should feel good about getting a point...if we win outright this type of game can propel us for awhile and the confidence would be soaring

burana800

Dec 5, 2010
Finland
Clutterback over PMB and solid performance from Nabby and we can definetely steal a point! :handclap:

Need to be physical.

Gonna watch this so dont make me wake up at 3.00 A.M. for nothing!

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
To me this is actually a pretty big game. Its a game that if we get blown out could bring us back down to earth but its competitive we should feel good about getting a point...if we win outright this type of game can propel us for awhile and the confidence would be soaring

Well said!! I really want to come away with at least a point in this game.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Mr. Martin, you did a fine job on this Game Day Thread.

Thanks Moosie for spelling out GDT, as a newbie I wasn't sure what that stood for :laugh:

Our D has me a little worried to withstand that ferocious forechecking. Between the weak clearing passes and their reluctance to forcefully skate it out rather than shoot it along the boards, our forwards will definitely need to help out to slow down their checkers.

Keep it close boys!!

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Khabibulin is starting? Isles still get no respect. They are playing Buffalo Saturday, a team with less goals in 5 games than the Isles got against Phoenix. They haven't played since Tuesday. WTF.

Now I really want to win and win big. I am insulted as an Islander fan. **** them.

Doubt it has anything to do with respect they probably just wanted to get khabi some work. I think you're reading too much into it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad