GDT: #4| New York Islanders @ Chicago Blawkhawks| October 11 | 8PM | F/L 2-3

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Khabibulin is starting? Isles still get no respect. They are playing Buffalo Saturday, a team with less goals in 5 games than the Isles got against Phoenix. They haven't played since Tuesday. WTF.

Now I really want to win and win big. I am insulted as an Islander fan. **** them.

OMG, NYI will take every little bit of lack of respect they can get, if it means facing backup netminders. :laugh:

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Doubt it has anything to do with respect they probably just wanted to get khabi some work. I think you're reading too much into it.

This. Crawford just lost two straight. And we haven't lost in regulation. I'm sure it is half shake things up (as much as you do 4 games into the season, unless you are the Rangers or Flyers LOL), and half getting Khabi some work.

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y
this is probably going to make or break Poulin, either he has a great game and builds on it, or he gts shellacked and Cappy will be hesistant to use him (like last season), except that we need a solid backup in a full season situation.

maybe this is a good thing and we can mke a deal for a betterback up?

but i think Poulin will do fine, he has to have a confidence boost going knowing the coach thinks enough of him to start him against the SC Champs, especially when the starter is rested enough to go.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
poulin had to start one of these two games. the bigger issue is the fact that we have a backup goalie that we're all frightened to see on the ice. i haven't felt confident in any of our backup goalies since garth snow, really (not counting the year we rolled out montoya/nabokov/dipietro).

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y
Moulson just had a baby boy, rushing to Chicago now and will be a game time decision, sounds like the perfect set up for him to score a hat trick in honor of his nw son, or GWG at least!

Twine Seeking Missle

Go monkey go!!!
Dec 30, 2004
Suck-town
I have zero problem with Poulin in goal tonight. We knew he was going to play one of these two games this weekend. Don't look at it as one game. Look at it as a weekend with a chance for 4 points. Poulin tonight and Nabby tomorrow gives us our best chance at winning one of these games.

Nabby is obviously our number 1 and Poulin just didn't look good last year. Did we win one game last year where Nabby didn't start? As much as my confidence in the Isles has increased dramatically over the past year, this is still a game tonight that Chicago *should* win. Now if Nabby played tonight we would have to count on Poulin getting us a win tomorrow night in a game we *should* win. It sounds like giving up tonight, I get that. That has to be what Cappy is thinking though so it's not as far fetched as it may sound.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Moulson just had a baby boy, rushing to Chicago now and will be a game time decision, sounds like the perfect set up for him to score a hat trick in honor of his nw son, or GWG at least!

I bet you they name the boy Johnny...

That way when little johnny asks where he got his name from, Matty can explain to him that all he has and everything he sees is because of the Great John Tavares

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
I have zero problem with Poulin in goal tonight. We knew he was going to play one of these two games this weekend. Don't look at it as one game. Look at it as a weekend with a chance for 4 points. Poulin tonight and Nabby tomorrow gives us our best chance at winning one of these games.

Nabby is obviously our number 1 and Poulin just didn't look good last year. Did we win one game last year where Nabby didn't start? As much as my confidence in the Isles has increased dramatically over the past year, this is still a game tonight that Chicago *should* win. Now if Nabby played tonight we would have to count on Poulin getting us a win tomorrow night in a game we *should* win. It sounds like giving up tonight, I get that. That has to be what Cappy is thinking though so it's not as far fetched as it may sound.

yes. we literally won one game.

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y

we won EXACTLY one game that Nabby did not start last year.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY

Agree plus Nabby has historically bad against them. Yes its a gamble but its probably in his head so mix it up a bit, show Poulin some confidence and worst case set it up for tomorrow. Maybe the team rallies around him. Truth be told, until he steps up, every game with him will be a gamble so he either takes it as a challenge or he melts but either way we hedge our bet and lock in our #1 in a more winnable game tomorrow and a point tonight is gravy and get the team juiced tonight. Bottom line is we need at least 2 points and at some point we need regulation wins.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Ugh. This makes me wonder whether i need to "go" all the way to London to get this game on Gamecenter.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
dont understand capuano...he is terrible.....i dont agree with poulin, but dont really blame him for that decision....but the nelson scratch is terrible

scott99

May 13, 2005
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 4m
Looks like Nelson is odd man out tonight if Moulson can go. #Isles

*sigh* :shakehead

That sucks, Bouchard should be out. At least Regin and Nelson have produced, Bouchard has been Invisble.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Makes no sense. Cappy always preaching battle level and yet he leaves in a ghost who
should be in a non-contact deck hockey league instead of the NHL.

Never would wish an injury on any player, especially an Islander, but man, we need something since Cappy's common sense is lacking here.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
I'm looking forward to see Poulin starting. I think (hope) we'll see a much improved, confident goalie like we saw in relief during the playoffs.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I bet you they name the boy Johnny...

That way when little johnny asks where he got his name from, Matty can explain to him that all he has and everything he sees is because of the Great John Tavares

I dunno, the way JT does everything else for Moulson, I wouldn't be surprised if this baby has a cowlick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad