Post-Game Talk: 4 goals here, 4 goals there, a little hat-trick here, shortside there. Welcome to the Gongshow Habs

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
That loss was not on Monty. He let in maybe 1 bad goal. I don't care how good you are, if it's not stoppable, then it's not stoppable. I blame the D and the pk. They took a lot of penalties and couldn't kill them. That not only the goalie. I still say they should resign him.

3 gimmes, 2 after the Habs tied it. The team hung him out to dry early and he returned the favour later. He had a bad game overall, it was like the poorest man’s version of Grant Fuhr at moments.

I’m rooting for him, but he needs to be better after earning some goodwill.

Reactions: Runner77

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Well you don't score as many goals as he did and play as a top 6 guy if you never had any talent. I think what you mean to say is that he wasn't flashy, but that's a different thing.

One of his best strengths used to be his elusiveness around the boards. He was slippery, and through his "no fear" attitude, he would find pucks in the corners, and slip his way past the check to the net. That element is gone now. The extraordinary determination is still there, but those elusive movements in the trenches are gone.
95% heart, 5% talent. He was a bit faster and his shot was better but definitely not overpowering. If you're willing to get beaten on, you're probably going to score a few. He scored a lot of garbage goals because he was willing to sacrifice. He still is, but he's slowed down considerably.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
3 gimmes, 2 after the Habs tied it. The team hung him out to dry early and he returned the favour later. He had a bad game overall, it was like the poorest man’s version of Grant Fuhr at moments.

I’m rooting for him, but he needs to be better after earning some goodwill.
Leading up to that game, the guy was pretty much in the zone for quite a few games. The 5th goal was a PP goal after the missed penalty shot.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
That loss was not on Monty. He let in maybe 1 bad goal. I don't care how good you are, if it's not stoppable, then it's not stoppable. I blame the D and the pk. They took a lot of penalties and couldn't kill them. That not only the goalie. I still say they should resign him.
Good goalies stop a lot of 'unstoppable' shots.

Shortside let in some weak ones and looked all over-the-place even when he wasn't letting in goals (and shots that were missing the net).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad