Post-Game Talk: 4 goals here, 4 goals there, a little hat-trick here, shortside there. Welcome to the Gongshow Habs

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's one of the strangest games I've ever seen. It felt like three different games in one.

Winnipeg was lucky that the habs never got the lead in the 2nd period where they were really taking the game to them until the late goal, and I think that flipped the game. Despite allowing 4 goals, hellebyuck was key in not allowing the next one.

It almost looked like we only came back to show we could and then proceeded with the tank. :sarcasm:

How to tank while maintaining confidence 101.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yeah Wheeler hasn't fallen completely off the cliff because he still skates (fairly) well but he's slid down the mountain a good bit. And Schiefele is just classless.

They can probably get decent assets for him. He's 29 this month, only has 2 years left and is on a decent contract.

That team is going nowhere. They can build around Dubois, Connor, Perfetti, & Ehlers.

As for Shit-filet, I've never heard good things about that leadership group only bad, which includes him & Wheeler.

They were a better team before those 2 were handed a leadership role.

Reactions: Redux91 and Rapala

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Not sure if this will cheer you up but actually Gally is with us for 5 more years after this one.

On the plus side, the last year his actual salary drops to $4m (still a $6.5 AAV hit). That money is more tradeable but too bad the player himself probably not as he'll be so broken down well before that.

We are now enemies you and I.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yeah, it's not cool to watch cause we all valued the hard work Gallagher put in for us. Doubt he is a 30 goal guy ever again but lets hope he can get to 15-20 goals and 40-50 pts after a fresh restart next year with possible roster tinkering

Just going off Gallagher’s production trends since he’s entered the league, 15-20 goals probably only equates to 30-35 points. That is a very big problem for a $6.5 million small forward. That contract is a really hard pill to swallow.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Just going off Gallagher’s production trends since he’s entered the league, 15-20 goals probably only equates to 30-35 points. That is a very big problem for a $6.5 million small forward. That contract is a really hard pill to swallow.

No doubt about it. It's painful but something we will have to learn to live with.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
They can probably get decent assets for him. He's 29 this month, only has 2 years left and is on a decent contract.

That team is going nowhere. They can build around Dubois, Connor, Perfetti, & Ehlers.

As for Shit-filet, I've never heard good things about that leadership group only bad, which includes him & Wheeler.

They were a better team before those 2 were handed a leadership role.

I can't remember who but an Ex Jett said that their current locker room leaders are acting like a frat boys club. Full on classless and they won't win anything with those guys sailing the ship.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He's really missing Danault IMO. Remember the expert posters who said the opposite? Gallagher was making Danault look good?

I expect rebound from Gallagher next year. Not going to be a 30 goal 50 pts guy but he can get back to 20 goals and 40 pts. Regardless, that contract is something we will have to learn to live with.

He used to be a player that you could plug on any line, and it didn't really affect him. He was the one you could stick on a struggling line to get it going.

Now that we are at the point of saying he needs player x is indicative of his decline.

He will rebound to a certain extent, barring further injuries. His lack of production is partly decline, but he's definitely snakebit too.

Reactions: CAUFIELD

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He used to be a player that you could plug on any line, and it didn't really affect him. He was the one you could stick on a struggling line to get it going.

Now that we are at the point of saying he needs player x is indicative of his decline.

He will rebound to a certain extent, barring further injuries. His lack of production is partly decline, but he's definitely snakebit too.

He's been paired with Danault for how many seasons before this one? Before that, I think you were right but that was a while ago now.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He's been paired with Danault for how many seasons before this one? Before that, I think you were right but that was a while ago now.

That probably goes back to domi's first year.

Before that, he would typically play with Pacioretty and desharnais.

The point is that whenever there have been injuries or some other circumstance, you never had to worry about Gallagher because his game was the same and it just fit well with all types of lines.

I noticed the steepest decline in his game since his long term injury from last year, so I still felt like he could move around to other lines pretty seamlessly up until that point.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I would like to see Evans skate the entire length of the ice, and put Schiefle into next tuesday, which is what happened last year in the playoffs..........some form of payback would be nice......but do also realize that sweeping their arses in 4 was fantastic too!!

Taking last season’s series win and running with it.

No sense harping on the incident further. Evans says it’s in the past and no one took 55 to task yesterday. It’s not a rassling episode with 5’9 Wideman that means they were after him — Wideman wasn’t even with the team when Evans was injured. It just looked like a random pushing and shoving altercation.

If no one on the team felt that it was worth pursuing and if Evans himself downplayed it, then let it live rent free in the minds of Peg fans.

Peg fans really seem riled up about the incident and defending him unconditionally while at the same time in another thread, shitting on Schiefele for lack of effort, bad defensive play, saying he doesn’t deserve an A on his jersey and demanding that he be traded. Friggin’ psychos. :laugh:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That probably goes back to domi's first year.

Before that, he would typically play with Pacioretty and desharnais.

The point is that whenever there have been injuries or some other circumstance, you never had to worry about Gallagher because his game was the same and it just fit well with all types of lines.

I noticed the steepest decline in his game since his long term injury from last year, so I still felt like he could move around to other lines pretty seamlessly up until that point.

Before Domi's first year. Domi played with Drouin and Shaw his first year with us

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I totally forgot Tin Man Drouin was on this team. Wow. Even Armia, never missed him a bit

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Not sure if this will cheer you up but actually Gally is with us for 5 more years after this one.

On the plus side, the last year his actual salary drops to $4m (still a $6.5 AAV hit). That money is more tradeable but too bad the player himself probably not as he'll be so broken down well before that.
Ugh

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Scheifele continued to act like an arse after his suspension came down. And took it a step further by agreeing to do ads that trivialized his hit on Evans:

CA15nz8.jpg

mNGXAYr.jpg

0mvWHp0.jpg

"You can't have your head down, boy," says Mark Scheifele in an advertising campaign - Newsy Today

Must have been Evans’ fault for not anticipating a predatory hit.

So much class right there.

Wow, that is f***ed. Never knew these existed.

I thought he was just like, really dumb, but I’m leaning towards actual sociopath now.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Yeah, it's not cool to watch cause we all valued the hard work Gallagher put in for us. Doubt he is a 30 goal guy ever again but lets hope he can get to 15-20 goals and 40-50 pts after a fresh restart next year with possible roster tinkering
I'll be BLOWN away if he ever reaches 20 goals again, he is simply spent as a player, 9 years ago we ALL said it would get really ugly for him in 9 years, well we ARE those 9 years later lol, loved him at 24-25-26, but always knew it would get to THIS point, and THIS point was bad enough WITHOUT the horrible contract Bergevin dumped us with
I can't remember who but an Ex Jett said that their current locker room leaders are acting like a frat boys club. Full on classless and they won't win anything with those guys sailing the ship.
Laine, said he felt practically bullied by these losers (personally I think he really hated that hole in the ground called winnipeg too)

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Taking last season’s series win and running with it.

No sense harping on the incident further. Evans says it’s in the past and no one took 55 to task yesterday. It’s not a rassling episode with 5’9 Wideman that means they were after him — Wideman wasn’t even with the team when Evans was injured. It just looked like a random pushing and shoving altercation.

If no one on the team felt that it was worth pursuing and if Evans himself downplayed it, then let it live rent free in the minds of Peg fans.

Peg fans really seem riled up about the incident and defending him unconditionally while at the same time in another thread, shitting on Schiefele for lack of effort, bad defensive play, saying he doesn’t deserve an A on his jersey and demanding that he be traded. Friggin’ psychos. :laugh:
LOL............Friggin' psychos!!! LOL...........
4 Game Sweep did that to them!!!

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site

Gallagher has little talent. He never did. He's slow, beat up and getting older. Now that he's slowed down even more, he's taking more lazy penalties too. He is not rebounding. He'll be lucky to get 20 goals ever again. And that ain't worth his contract.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Despite the score, exciting to watch. Team didn't give up (on effort at least), goals not so much.

Unfortunate for Powerhorse that his first hattrick happened tonight.

Shortside Monty never left. Poor Hammond had to come in, terrible call tbh, should've left shortside in.
That loss was not on Monty. He let in maybe 1 bad goal. I don't care how good you are, if it's not stoppable, then it's not stoppable. I blame the D and the pk. They took a lot of penalties and couldn't kill them. That not only the goalie. I still say they should resign him.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Gallagher has little talent. He never did. He's slow, beat up and getting older. Now that he's slowed down even more, he's taking more lazy penalties too. He is not rebounding. He'll be lucky to get 20 goals ever again. And that ain't worth his contract.

Well you don't score as many goals as he did and play as a top 6 guy if you never had any talent. I think what you mean to say is that he wasn't flashy, but that's a different thing.

One of his best strengths used to be his elusiveness around the boards. He was slippery, and through his "no fear" attitude, he would find pucks in the corners, and slip his way past the check to the net. That element is gone now. The extraordinary determination is still there, but those elusive movements in the trenches are gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad