GDT: #4:FLYERS 7 at Senators 4, Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2018, 7:30 p.m. ET

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Those two stood out to me as well. And i am afriad to say i think it’s because of their skating ability. Raffl and laughton are great skaters on a bad skating team. If you ask me with a gun to my head why wr lost yesterday, i would chalk it up to being amongst the slowest teams in the league if not the slowest. San jose just flew by us all night

That speaks to our preparation and training. We played a team that came from 3000 miles away on a back-to-back. Our speed shouldn't have been an issue, theirs should have been. Skating wise - like any other deficit - these guys should spend their off season improving the bad parts of their game. Just as G did with face-offs and other players on other teams have. I've been wondering for years if Simmonds has sought skating training in any off season; he's certainly one who could use it.

Realistically - we looked very similar to that terrible team that got embarassed by the Penguins in the playoffs. This should concern Hextall - if Hakstol can't motivate and prepare his players to beat their biggest rival or show up and compete for their home opener, he's got to go.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
That speaks to our preparation and training. We played a team that came from 3000 miles away on a back-to-back. Our speed shouldn't have been an issue, theirs should have been. Skating wise - like any other deficit - these guys should spend their off season improving the bad parts of their game. Just as G did with face-offs and other players on other teams have. I've been wondering for years if Simmonds has sought skating training in any off season; he's certainly one who could use it.

Realistically - we looked very similar to that terrible team that got embarassed by the Penguins in the playoffs. This should concern Hextall - if Hakstol can't motivate and prepare his players to beat their biggest rival or show up and compete for their home opener, he's got to go.

Our speed was the issue and will continue to be so going forward

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right

well dont think simmonds did much training this past off season recovering from injury. Same with provy.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
well dont think simmonds did much training this past off season recovering from injury. Same with provy.

See how I said "in any off season" as I realize this off season was an exception but his skating his been pretty bad since we acquired him and hasn't shown much improvement year-over-year

Reactions: Adtar02

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Those two stood out to me as well. And i am afriad to say i think it’s because of their skating ability. Raffl and laughton are great skaters on a bad skating team. If you ask me with a gun to my head why wr lost yesterday, i would chalk it up to being amongst the slowest teams in the league if not the slowest. San jose just flew by us all night

TK - Not slow
Giroux - Not slow
Raffl - Not slow
Weal - Not slow
Ghost - Not slow
Provy - Not slow
Sanheim - Not slow

I know it's not the 97 Red Wings, but they aren't slow. They play slow.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
TK - Not slow
Giroux - Not slow
Raffl - Not slow
Weal - Not slow
Ghost - Not slow
Provy - Not slow
Sanheim - Not slow

G isnt fast and none of that group skates like most other teams.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
HAHAHAHAHA come on now dont be like that.
Hatch, I need Hak gone. It’s not good for my health.

Getting rid of Hak may not fix it all but I just can’t take anymore hockey with him at the helm.

Hockey is one of the few things that brings me happiness in life and Hak Hockey is squeezing every little bit of enjoyment out of it.

If it takes the Flyers getting embarrassed in the short term for long term success, aka firing Hak, I’m all for it and am hoping for it.

If that makes me a shit fan, so be it.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013

Getting rid of Hak may not fix it all but I just can’t take anymore hockey with him at the helm.

Hockey is one of the few things that brings me happiness in life and Hak Hockey is squeezing every little bit of enjoyment out of it.

If it takes the Flyers getting embarrassed in the short term for long term success, aka firing Hak, I’m all for it and am hoping for it.

If that makes me a **** fan, so be it.

1 step back, 2 steps forward.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC

If that makes me a **** fan, so be it.
I want him out too but its more then that. Hockey is entertainment and nothing except ghost is entertaining on this team as far as how you play the game.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I want him out too but its more then that. Hockey is entertainment and nothing except ghost is entertaining on this team as far as how you play the game.
The thing is that we've seen these players play entertaining hockey in the past. We know it's possible. At some point it's the coach's responsibility to get the players up for games. Dean Hatesick's lackadaisical attitude is doing this team no favors at this point. Lavy would've thrown a vending machine on the ice last night to get his team fired up.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
We need a centerman that can dek left, dek right, slip around the d-man and score on the rush. Oh gee he is playing for the Soo Greyhounds......oh....

My girl , Johanne, is getting madder everyday on her drum kit......saying
Tab et andet spil og jeg slår dig død med mine tromler, Danish,
for lose another game and you will be dead by my drumsticks

johanne-astrid-denmarks-got-talent (1).jpg

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hak and Berube have sucked the fun out of watching the Flyers....win or lose.

Then add in a PK coach who should have been fired years ago.

And where is the creativity on the PP? Last year to start the year we saw different setups and plays. Now it's back to the same shit most times. Simmonds goal last night was the exception.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
TK - Not slow
Giroux - Not slow
Raffl - Not slow
Weal - Not slow
Ghost - Not slow
Provy - Not slow
Sanheim - Not slow

Excellent point. The slowest member of the Flyers' lineup is usually the puck. Other teams attack with rapid accurate passes, moving the defense around and looking for high-danger chances. The Flyers all too often fumble through the NZ or trudge up with one back pass after another. I noticed one sequence around the middle of the 3rd where one puck carrier hit the Sharks blue line with (IIRC) three teammates at a dead stop on the line, waiting for the puck to get into the zone.

Where is the system? What is the system? It seems to consist of an overreliance of one puck carrier being able to stickhandle through opponents while the others wait for long-range passes. Even the PP rarely appears to be dangerous because of the endless perimeter passes. It usually is effective when a Gostisbehere shot zips its way into the net, or a rebound is smacked into the next. But I look longingly at the teams who appear to effortlessly move the puck around and through a defense with one dangerous look after another.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
The thing is that we've seen these players play entertaining hockey in the past. We know it's possible. At some point it's the coach's responsibility to get the players up for games. Dean Hatesick's lackadaisical attitude is doing this team no favors at this point. Lavy would've thrown a vending machine on the ice last night to get his team fired up.
G and V years ago man. I am hard on this team but its slow,soft and is low skilled. G dont beat anyone one on one and make plays its either there or not and that goes for the whole team excluding ghost and Konecny that can make shit happen. Poor team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad