GDT: 4/9/16 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
You mean aside from Johnson ?

Yeah, when I said new I meant after Johnson which sucks and I still hope that he's going to be ok.

-----

I liked how we played in the 3rd, we didn't back down and we kept working hard, hopefully we can build on that during practice and in game 1 and beyond.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Except this improvement occurred during the period when Cooper had absolutely no influence on him.

I'm sure him not being in the NHL because of Cooper had some influence on him, no? Or is Cooper so deep in everyone's doghouse he never gets any credit for anything anymore? He had time to think and work on things the coaching staff wanted him to work on and he now looks better because of it. Could be I'm not remembering things correctly but to me he looks better.

He got almost 20 minutes tonight, almost two minutes more than Coop's precious boy Filppula. He keeps playing this way and he'll get his icetime. If he doesn't, then Cooper's an idiot.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Drouin just wasn't that great early in the season and last season

He put up near a point per game when he got 15 or more minutes. Now, he's had 15 minutes in back to back games, and he has, surprise surprise, points.

The difference is he's shooting.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Drouin just wasn't that great early in the season and last season

Expectations were hefty and a tad unfair last year, so imo I thought he did well as a teenager, all things considered. And he started off hot this season before the injuries derailed him. These 2 games are a positive sign he's still developing in the right direction and improving his game. Even right now, he's far from a finished product, and that goes to show how good he can be and why Yzerman values him so highly.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
So, Drouin finally caves and puts in some time in the A, starts playing better, and gets called up when he is needed. All of the drama that could have been avoided.

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
Expectations were hefty and a tad unfair last year, so imo I thought he did well as a teenager, all things considered. And he started off hot this season before the injuries derailed him. These 2 games are a positive sign he's still developing in the right direction and improving his game. Even right now, he's far from a finished product, and that goes to show how good he can be and why Yzerman values him so highly.

I'm not denying he looked great these couple games. Last year he didn't meet most people's expectations (yet), so he didn't get a top role. What's the problem?

EDIT: in all fairness, it also had a lot to do with Cooper scrambling for good Stamkos linemates/combinations and TKO being untouchable

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
As opposed to keeping him in the hospital for surgery or observation, lol. At least he doesn't have a concussion I guess.

He could be ok. It looked nasty. However it was the last game of the season. Maybe he was shook up and the team felt it wasn't necessary to put him back in the game. Also didn't feel it was necessary to speak about his readiness for the playoffs. I'm just being hopeful here.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Johnson overreacts and sells a lot of calls. It's actually quite humorous at times considering how much he gets under the opponents skin and then laughs so I was really hoping that was one of those moments. Like the person above said, hopefully they just kept him out as a precautionary rather than aggravate anything further than need be. Being injured all year definitely didn't sit well when he got crunched in awkward at an angle. I was hoping it was him selling it but it looks like it got him pretty good.

Hopefully he can rest til game 1 and be 100%. We can't even lose Brown at this point. If we lose another player, the yarn holding the wheels together that were stuck to the axle with wood glue will fall off if we lose one more soul. Sigh. Why now...why always at the playoffs...

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Well this team is in trouble. I get we have a lot of injuries, but we don't get a handicap in the playoffs for it. You either win 4 or lose 4. Nobody cares how injured you are. We couldn't beat a very mediocre Montreal squad that had nothing to play for. In fact, it wasn't even a close game. How are we going to look against an actual playoff team with everything to play for?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad