GDT: 4/9/16 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
The Habs have been really lucky this game, first on their 1st goal when Vasy was out of place and then they get a good goal against disallowed.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Daaaaaamn, Drouin! Back at it again with the making your head coach look like a ****ing moron!

Drouin has looked better in this dumpster fire of a game than he did for the most of his NHL career so far. The coaching staff finally drove the point of shooting more and going to the net to his head. This Drouin is 10000000x more dangerous than the previous version.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Drouin showing some passion in a game where the rest of the time isn't too interested in the comeback.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Well, I'd say getting no new injuries and having Drouin and hopefully Palat heating up means more than a victory would.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Watching this Drouin, I'm not so sure Cooper was wrong in being tough on him. Like Drouin said, he realized in his time off he needed to shoot more and work hard every shift. He's doing that right now and I have 0 doubt in my mind Cooper is happy to play him a lot more. Remember when Tocchet was scratching Stamkos in his rookie season and him coming out from it a much better player? Same could be happening with Drouin now.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
There he was coming back to help out on defense and throwing hits. Seems like he finally gets it.

He "got it" for a long time. The only real difference is he has more of a shoot-first mentality. He was never lazy on the backcheck. His positioning was, and is, questionable at times, but he was always putting in the effort on D.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Watching this Drouin, I'm not so sure Cooper was wrong in being tough on him. Like Drouin said, he realized in his time off he needed to shoot more and work hard every shift. He's doing that right now and I have 0 doubt in my mind Cooper is happy to play him a lot more. Remember when Tocchet was scratching Stamkos in his rookie season and him coming out from it a much better player? Same could be happening with Drouin now.

Except this improvement occurred during the period when Cooper had absolutely no influence on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad