GDT: 4/9/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Ottawa vs Tampa Bay

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Wow the team looked different tonight (in a good way). Solid hits, had a lot of bite in them. Hopefully this mindset continues for us. We are starting to look like a team who can be a little bit rough around the edges now.

and a hell of a game too Labrie. Nacho had his best night here, and if he continues like this, I think we would be insane not to resign him this off season. We need someone with his size and raw power.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I was watching the NHL.com highlights and at 3:35 Methot (Anderson. C on Carle. M (12:47 in 3rd) description) goes for a hit on Stamkos then does a great Bambi impression. He seems to talk to the ref at the end of the play complaining about something, perhaps the ice.

Just found it funny, thought I'd share. Did not remember seeing in the game.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20122013,2,586&navid=sb:highlights

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I was watching the NHL.com highlights and at 3:35 Methot (Anderson. C on Carle. M (12:47 in 3rd) description) goes for a hit on Stamkos then does a great Bambi impression. He seems to talk to the ref at the end of the play complaining about something, perhaps the ice.

Lol yeah I assumed it was his blade. I saw it happen in real time and it was hilarious. Was like that video of that youth hockey game where the kid keeps falling after getting up, the one on youtube. ROFL. I was nearly crying.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Chief said that Methot's blade broke. What that entails, I'm not entirely sure. I've had the blade holder fall off my boot before, and seen the same happen to Paul Kariya several years ago, so if that's what he meant, it's rare, but it happens.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

Yeah, I saw that happen in game, it was definitely his skate blade.

Maybe Conacher sabotaged him in order for us to win ;)

Or maybe one of his teammates just taped it :laugh:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Had a great night at the TBTF with my gf last night. Easily one of the greatest sports arenas I've been to - if not the best! The personnel was super friendly and helpful, the food was good and we really enjoyed the live music and $1 hot dogs on the party deck after the game.

As for the game: Vinny was great. If only he could stay healthy. Great to see Nacho get his 1st NHL goal. And man, Bishop's pad save... I think we finally got ourselves a goalie.

Purcell and Brewer were pretty terrible. I counted at least two no look drop passes by Teddy that turned into an offensive chance for Ottawa. Brewer just seemed super slow and landed on his butt several times for no apparent reason. Killorn started strong but looked lost later on and had a couple of brutal turnovers.

Overall not really a great performance by the team but two points is two points. And for the record I really hoped somebody would drop the gloves with Neil...

We'll also be at the game on Thursday against the Pens so hopefully we get another two.

Last edited:

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
So I guess now, we've been a bunch of pathetic divers since 2011 led by Stamkos. Our diving was called out in the playoffs.

You mean this?

God, that still makes me mad. What a bad call.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
We just need to accept the (HF) truth guys...we are known divers led by some of the most well liked superstars in the league in Stamkos and former Lady Byng winner Martin St. Louis. How could we not have seen it before? :cry:

:sarcasm:

LunaticNik

Go Bolts!
Nov 9, 2010
NYC
nikw.co
Can anyone find the Nacho interview video where he is talking about his first goal, and more importantly, his hit on Conacher? I hear it is quite the hoot.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Seriously, if Labrie plays like he did last night, even without the goal, he's worth keeping around. He's not polished at all, but he hits people when he's playing his game. He's also a fantastic guy to have in the locker room apparently. How can you not love a guy like that?

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Seriously, if Labrie plays like he did last night, even without the goal, he's worth keeping around. He's not polished at all, but he hits people when he's playing his game. He's also a fantastic guy to have in the locker room apparently. How can you not love a guy like that?

My problem with him is he is very slow. If he can work on his positioning to offset his bad footspeed, he could be a very solid 4th liner for us. Chip in 10-20 points and 100+ hits in a full year

bov

Nov 13, 2010
The use of the term "flying elbow" is probably my favorite thing about HFBoards these days.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
The more I watch of Killorn, the more of Hossa's game I see in his own. He's going to be an incredible two-way player and I'm thrilled to have him in TB. Probably my new favourite player on this team, he gives 100% every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00