January 25th 2013 (4 - 6) W March 23rd 2013 (3 - 5) L
[/fieldset]

foot1q.png
foot2.png

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
DC, MC, and EE report that Bishop is first off the ice.

EE
Lines at am skate: Poiliot-Stamkos-St Louis; Pyatt-Thompson-Crombeen; Killorn-Lecavalier-Purcell; Connolly-Johnson-Panik

DC
So, bit of a surprise, Malone (left shoulder) on the ice for morning skate. Regular jersey.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I wonder how Bishop will fare against his old club. They know all his weaknesses, but he knows most of their tendencies. Should be an interesting matchup as goalies generally relish the opportunity to face their former club(s).

He's confirmed to start by the way.

TampaBolt

Muck Fichigan!
Jun 8, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
I would like Stamkos to wake the **** up. I love him but he has been underwhelming this year. The scary part? He still has 49 points and 25 goals. Can you at least get 8 more points so you win the Art Ross and not Crosby? Please wake up.

What would a motivated Stammer could do? :amazed:

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
I would like Stamkos to wake the **** up. I love him but he has been underwhelming this year. The scary part? He still has 49 points and 25 goals. Can you at least get 8 more points so you win the Art Ross and not Crosby? Please wake up.

What would a motivated Stammer could do? :amazed:

Hat trick every single game. :sarcasm:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I think the problem with Stamkos this year is that he's trying too hard to carry the team. He needs to simplify his game and put shots on net from anywhere and everywhere. Instead he's trying to skate around all 5 defenders and make a pass to a wide open teammate. SHOOT. THE. DAMN. PUCK. He has an absolutely ridiculous shot, use it.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
The way I see it with Stammer is that he said himself: He's trying to be a complete player. Playmaker, defense, sniper. That's not his game. He's thinking too much in my opinion. When he's unconscious, he's the best. Every time someone throws a FAST, zippy pass into his circle, he has scored. Nearly every time. Why? Because he doesn't have time to think about it, its all unconscious. When he gets those Matt Carle, flimsy passes, that are telegraphed, he over-thinks it. When he skates into the zone, he tries to be a playmaker and pass it. Usually results in a turnover. He wasn't trying hard last year to be better at defense, and this year he said he'd try harder, and he blows.

That's how I see it anyway. He puts a lot of pressure on himself to become a player that he isn't.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
My only hopes for this game is for Stamkos to get some goals, he will bring shame to himself if Ovi wins the Rocket.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
The good news is Cooper is the right man to help Stamkos, and the other guys, work on the details of their games.

I don't think shame is the right word. Ovechkin is a superstar, and now that Washington is using a more offensive system, it was expected that Ovi's numbers would come back up.

I want to see Connolly get over his NHL shyness, and get himself in front of the other goalie for some screens and rebounds.

Last edited by a moderator:

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
I don't think shame is the right word. Ovechkin is a superstar, and now that Washington is using a more offensive system, it was expected that Ovi's numbers would come back up.

I know. I've been watching too much Spartacus/GOT lately and they use that term a lot. :laugh: but I would hate to see Ovi win it over Stamkos.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I want to see Connolly get over his NHL shyness, and get himself in front of the other goalie for some screens and rebounds.

This. He was constantly reminded in Syracuse to get in front of the net. He's been a perimeter player in the NHL except for one time he crashed the net hard. He'll learn. The kid is still only 20. Every time you doubt him or question his play, repeat that to yourself. They can't all be Stamkos. He's being unfairly compared to Killorn as well. Killorn is much more mature than Brett physically. I say Connolly is an off season with Gary Roberts away from being on his way.

Darth Corgi

Dec 23, 2011
Florida
I'm taking the wife and kids to this one. Win or lose, I hope it's a good game and not a blow out. It will probably be the only me I get to attend this season.

We've got fifth row from the glass and will be sitting at the Lightning end so we should have plenty of time to see Big Ben in action!

Let's go Bolts!!!

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
I'm pretty optimistic about the future of the team. Hopefully, they show improvement over the last ten games, yet not screw up the draft position too much. Short term thinking vs long term thinking... my brain is currently having a wrestling match over this. Anyway, hope Conacher and Bishop are the two best players on the ice tonight.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
This is the Alamo of the season. Lose tonight and it is officially over. Win and we still have a slight chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad