GDT: 4/27/16 - 7:00PM EDT - #4 New York VS #2 Tampa Bay [ECSF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
I know a lot of you on this board think Hedman is god like but I'm still not seeing this greatness that he supposedly has. He just seems to have reached his potential and for my money it ain't Norris caliber. Flame away.

Great D are few and far between. He definitely is lacking a quality (accurate shot) and he seems to go missing games at a time. He looked Norris quality last playoffs... this year eh...

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
Great D are few and far between. He definitely is lacking a quality (accurate shot) and he seems to go missing games at a time. He looked Norris quality last playoffs... this year eh...

Precisely, Norris caliber players don't go missing and have something called consistency.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Uggh good Griess.

hqdefault.jpg

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
Precisely, Norris caliber players don't go missing and have something called consistency.

I can't think of a single D-man in the league that doesn't have bad games. Doughty for example played pretty badly in the LA-SJ series and I know Karlsson had some really rough games and a pretty bad stretch of games at one point.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Well a big "I told you so" to Robert

"Tavares will get shut down and Bishop will be a wall".

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Well a big "I told you so" to Robert

"Tavares will get shut down and Bishop will be a wall".

You don't shut down Tavares. You just do your best to limit him. There's no neutralizing him.

umm said we would contain him which we did and no im not impressed whatsoever

bishop blew this game with one of his stinkers 100% blame todd he said he was due for one of these lol and look at the result todd :)

we out played them

this is fine

bishop 4 goals on 13 shots he bounces back hes proven that over and over and over

this is fine

kucherov tavares a wash

this is fine

they beat us on faceoffs

this is fine but we need to do a better job

we out shot them by a lot but have to get more looks closer to net

this is fine

we cannot win game ones in series

history shows this is fine:)

if we continue to out shoot them I like our chances

I am not impressed at all not at all we coulda had the lead easily bishop was a train wreck tonight

team bounces back well they play well in situations of backs to wall etc..

i expect a much harder series moving forward

sustr only plus guy on team lol

this is fine

a concern is all the time off how we play in those situations this is gonna be pretty unique to me we play our best hockey imho every other day

yet the edge to me is still in goal

edge to experience

edge to overcoming obsticals

edge to coaching imho

edge to superstars

this is all fine

we are fine:)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Finally watched it. More positive than negative, weirdly. Our two best players, Bishop and Hedman, didn't show up for this one, and I don't think we can win when both of those guys have bad games.

I like that we didn't give up. Kucherov could have had three.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Finally watched it. More positive than negative, weirdly. Our two best players, Bishop and Hedman, didn't show up for this one, and I don't think we can win when both of those guys have bad games.

I like that we didn't give up. Kucherov could have had three.
We REALLY need Callahan, Hedman and Namestnikov to do something come Saturday. 24 and 90 are yet to grab a goal. I've been waiting for Names to realize the playoffs have started since like game 3 and he's still not waking up.

At least the triplets were on fire at the end.

Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Killorn-Flip-Drouin
Paquette-Names-Callahan
JAM-Boyle-Blunden

Or something similar. Man we really need Callahan and Names to contribute. Can't keep expecting Kucherov to be the only one scoring. Eventually they will find a match up they like.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We REALLY need Callahan, Hedman and Namestnikov to do something come Saturday. 24 and 90 are yet to grab a goal. I've been waiting for Names to realize the playoffs have started since like game 3 and he's still not waking up.

At least the triplets were on fire at the end.

Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Killorn-Flip-Drouin
Paquette-Names-Callahan
JAM-Boyle-Blunden

Or something similar. Man we really need Callahan and Names to contribute. Can't keep expecting Kucherov to be the only one scoring. Eventually they will find a match up they like.

I think those are roughly the lines we'll see come Saturday. Coop is weirdly in sync with logic right now, excluding a few hiccups. (There's a chance we'll see KFC together Saturday, which will be another hiccup, IMO.)

Agreed on Namestnikov, but I go one step further. I think there are questions piling up about whether or not he'll ever be able to produce in the playoffs. It just doesn't seem like he can handle how much space gets taken away. I thought for a game or so, vs. Detroit, he looked like he'd progressed from last year. And maybe he has, because he was pretty awful last year. But right now, he just doesn't seem to have that extra gear. I think it's entirely possible that what we saw this year is only a step or two below his absolute ceiling as a player (I think he's more likely a 35-45 point, decent two-way guy than a 55 point 2C). He was good for stretches during the season, but the fact that he still looks lost in the playoffs is more than a little bit disappointing.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I think those are roughly the lines we'll see come Saturday. Coop is weirdly in sync with logic right now, excluding a few hiccups. (There's a chance we'll see KFC together Saturday, which will be another hiccup, IMO.)

Agreed on Namestnikov, but I go one step further. I think there are questions piling up about whether or not he'll ever be able to produce in the playoffs. It just doesn't seem like he can handle how much space gets taken away. I thought for a game or so, vs. Detroit, he looked like he'd progressed from last year. And maybe he has, because he was pretty awful last year. But right now, he just doesn't seem to have that extra gear. I think it's entirely possible that what we saw this year is only a step or two below his absolute ceiling as a player (I think he's more likely a 35-45 point, decent two-way guy than a 55 point 2C). He was good for stretches during the season, but the fact that he still looks lost in the playoffs is more than a little bit disappointing.
Agree wholeheartedly. Come playoff time he just doesn't elevate his game. He is just a complete non factor. Did he even do anything so far this playoffs other than go through the defense against Detroit once? I can't remember a play he set up, a hit, or a shot that made an impact. Nothing in 6 games.

I would imagine him and Callahan are looking to get on the score sheet soon but I just hope it won't be too late to do so.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Agree wholeheartedly. Come playoff time he just doesn't elevate his game. He is just a complete non factor. Did he even do anything so far this playoffs other than go through the defense against Detroit once? I can't remember a play he set up, a hit, or a shot that made an impact. Nothing in 6 games.

I would imagine him and Callahan are looking to get on the score sheet soon but I just hope it won't be too late to do so.

I've been waiting for vladdy to take that next step it just has not happened! I see the triplets and drouin make plays ! I even see Killorn step up! I agree what is vladdy doing ? He is a non factor during these playoffs.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I've been waiting for vladdy to take that next step it just has not happened! I see the triplets and drouin make plays ! I even see Killorn step up! I agree what is vladdy doing ? He is a non factor during these playoffs.

Hey guys any update on Condra?

primarily he has fourth line minutes etc.. you all are unreal with vladdy expectations when he is playing in a tough spot kinda like

drouin all over again smdh

condra? hopefully and you all can call me an azz but hopefully we dont see him again in the playoffs

hope he is ok but rather have bluden

really would love brown jam struggled but has been off the ice forever

i dont get this fan base vladdy did have secondary assist lets ignore that

at times really wonder what you all watch we were bad first period but was nothing bishop shouldnt have owned than we outshot them 2-1 but yeah they went into prevent and were not trying of course lol

if prince and strome are the heroes this series we really have issues moving forward in this league just my two cents yep got a big line they hit we need to hit back plain and simple and ive seen us do it

always looking for a scapegoat this time was bishop period defense was wack but he should have owned these guys lol

we turned the puck over being fancy not working for it and we paid a premium price plain and simple no biggie at all we bounce back well

and the puck turnovers was sure as hell not all on the defense to me it was forwards being idiots as much as anything not sharp at all

we are fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad