GDT: 4/27/16 - 7:00PM EDT - #4 New York VS #2 Tampa Bay [ECSF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Well you can't put him in the top-6 when he's showing he doesn't belong there most nights.. not even close to the Drouin situation, not sure what you're talking about.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Well you can't put him in the top-6 when he's showing he doesn't belong there most nights.. not even close to the Drouin situation, not sure what you're talking about.

id like him over flipper but is coaches choice actually like our lower lines most nights

also though i want callahan over flipper lol on top six

i dont expect vladdy to have much of an impact unless hes getting offensive line mates etc..

seems everyone thinks he should do more

drouin obvioiusly to anyone watching has more talent and he struggled also in lower roles

this series is on bishop on tightening up the d on making plays and making sure you do the hard road of getting pucks in deep etc.. instead of the cheap easy way that we tend to fall into and imho fell into as soon as we got the first goal

team traps itself lol

am happy though not really worried anything can happen in playoffs:)

if concerned on anything is more in regards to our play than anything they can throw at us or overcoming greiss etc..

i was very happy last 30 minutes in most things still silly turnovers but that can be rust we will find out

islanders cap is off we gave up great chances early and they made us pay

imho bishop stops all these goals 99% of time lol so is that

is one game nothing of concern if this team hadnt UNFORTUNATELY did this to us in the past i would be upset its almost like we need to expect this stuff :((((((((

Last edited:

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
We need Stralman back or I don't like our chances and I've said that since we got past Detroit. This defense is woof. Besides the usual nonsense from Carle, I noticed Coburn doing a lot of boneheaded **** last night. Like really bad plays that no veteran should make. I'm still confused why we felt the need to re-sign him, but anyway. Nesterov has flashes of execution mixed with complete horrorshow play. Essentially, we're playing with 1 competent top 4 defenseman right now (Hedman) and if he has an off night, we're boned.

Oh yeah, and Bishop needs to sober up from his Vezina nod party before Saturday.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well we sucked in that one, but depending what happens Sat not going to worry just yet. Coop was rolling 3 lines in the last 15 mins I believe. Did not see Vladdy or JAM in the 3rd. They did not get hurt did they?

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
the part where they did not so good was the part that i did not like

however, i did enjoy the part where they did much better. that part was good and i did like it quite a bit

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
Hedman had a couple off nights, it happens to everyone. If you don't think Hedman has ever played great then you just have something personal against him.

Not personal at all, this is the team I love and him playing great would make me smile. I'm just tired of hearing how great he is from fellow posters and seeing bad shooting, bonehead plays and an inability to keep the puck in when we need it most almost every game. Does he make great plays at times, sure but we have been exhaulting him for years now while tearing Stammer a new a hole. Stammer has won a scoring title, what has Hedman won? Pay Hedman but let Stamkos walk...please.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Not personal at all, this is the team I love and him playing great would make me smile. I'm just tired of hearing how great he is from fellow posters and seeing bad shooting, bonehead plays and an inability to keep the puck in when we need it most almost every game. Does he make great plays at times, sure but we have been exhaulting him for years now while tearing Stammer a new a hole. Stammer has won a scoring title, what has Hedman won? Pay Hedman but let Stamkos walk...please.

I'm sorry but I totally disagree. He'd man has been **** the past two games, but doesn't take away how he can be a beast most games. For example last playoffs dude was on amother level. Where was stamkos then? Also a franchise dman which hedman is, is way more important than a 1st line one dimensional star center.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty

Fwiw, you can go back to the Detroit series from last year when I was harping on him and people started agreeing they didn't see this "Hedmonster" other people were seeing. Next game he plays great and sends the winning pass to Johnsons stick and we are back in the series.

He's gotten better but last year's regular season I thought he was underwhelming. Very underwhelming. Then the playoffs came around and he got better each game. He did well this season but his shot is very inaccurate. I think he's neutered most of his problems to where they are now positives. They may be good, when we are expecting elite. He definitely gets his tires pumped at times here and on Tv, but he's one of the better dmen in the league. He's just taking his sweet time getting adjusted to the playoffs this year, like last year, and it's hurting us right now due to the injuries and underachieving of others.

I expect he will turn it around. At least I hope.

And Robert, Names sucks out there. At least Drouin could carry the puck and had over 30 points on the 4th. We are lucky to see Names even carry the puck up the ice at 3C and the reason he's there is because he doesn't deserve anything higher. I was afraid of this. I was afraid his decent season was just a shade of what he really can be, and so far he's proving me right, especially since he's done:

Heres: Vlad Namestnikov--->Nothing

Next to nothing. He's been a complete non factor.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
So this is proving that Greiss is the real deal. I've said all along, we had to win game 1 to have a shot at the series. After this terrible game, we will be lucky to get this series to game 5

I think this will go further than that. i think your looking at a 6 game. With hopefully the isles on top.
But 5 would shock me. this series could go either way

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Hope Condra is okay!! He looked as if he didn't know where the hell he was. That look of confusion on his face was actually a bit nerve-wracking to see.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
id like him over flipper but is coaches choice actually like our lower lines most nights

also though i want callahan over flipper lol on top six

i dont expect vladdy to have much of an impact unless hes getting offensive line mates etc..

seems everyone thinks he should do more

drouin obvioiusly to anyone watching has more talent and he struggled also in lower roles

this series is on bishop on tightening up the d on making plays and making sure you do the hard road of getting pucks in deep etc.. instead of the cheap easy way that we tend to fall into and imho fell into as soon as we got the first goal

team traps itself lol

am happy though not really worried anything can happen in playoffs:)

if concerned on anything is more in regards to our play than anything they can throw at us or overcoming greiss etc..

i was very happy last 30 minutes in most things still silly turnovers but that can be rust we will find out

islanders cap is off we gave up great chances early and they made us pay

imho bishop stops all these goals 99% of time lol so is that

is one game nothing of concern if this team hadnt UNFORTUNATELY did this to us in the past i would be upset its almost like we need to expect this stuff :((((((((

Vladdy has been poo which is likely why he got benched, even down a forward
Paquette has been poo yet Cooper loves to keep him in the top 9
Hedman has been poo, two games now where he looked worse than Carle, yeah I said it.
Carle has been poo but you already knew that.
Sustr Semi- Poo? Diet coke of Poo?
Nesterov - Poo
Palat was Poo but he has looked much better. When he scored last night, thought we would win the game, was looking that good, but then turned to Poo, but he is not Poo anymore or at least not till next game.
Johnson was great the first two games against Detroit but now is poo since then and has become a turnover machine. Yeah he was sick in Game 5, but looked even worse last night.
Callahan has been Poo on the "offensive" end of things, and should stay on the 3rd line, and think really hard in the off season how to find his offensive game, or he will be gone in a couple of years.
Flip has been ok but mostly poo found the back of the net, but for a guy who has been in the top 6 all playoffs, one point/goal is not going to cut it.
Bishop was amazing till he **** himself last night, and became poo
Kucherov with that turnover was Poo but made up with a goal later. So he is not poo yet.
Killorn has been very good, he is poo-free right now like Kucherov.
Drouin has been up and down, but he is not poo yet.
JAM's first playoff game, and he was poo.
Boyle Has not really done much to call him poo or not.
Condra probably feels like Poo right now.
Blunden was probably in the bathroom making poo during a part of the game.

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
the part where they did not so good was the part that i did not like

however, i did enjoy the part where they did much better. that part was good and i did like it quite a bit

What about the part where they were just average? I was kind of meh about that.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
love to all or love you all especially

the spitters and shiotters lol

anyway lol i cant ok maybe ok cant laughing too much

and vladdy all of the 10/per game lol should be lighting it up right?

i mean jeez put him out to the bush leagues lol

his corsi fenwick are best on team i think but that has no meaning:)

lets ignore during season the kid had 49 hits in playoffs he has 13? 2 a game from half a game? blocks 2 during season 33 take aways 1 give aways one so all around he is doing fine but i know if he aint doing hat tricks he is fodder to this fan base

smh ohh yeah plus minus is even but lets ignore that too that is actually impressive since we got one line scoring the entire playoffs lol imho he was plus 17 for year which is crazy for his point total to me but hes a scrub now

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Vladdy has been poo which is likely why he got benched, even down a forward
Paquette has been poo yet Cooper loves to keep him in the top 9
Hedman has been poo, two games now where he looked worse than Carle, yeah I said it.
Carle has been poo but you already knew that.
Sustr Semi- Poo? Diet coke of Poo?
Nesterov - Poo
Palat was Poo but he has looked much better. When he scored last night, thought we would win the game, was looking that good, but then turned to Poo, but he is not Poo anymore or at least not till next game.
Johnson was great the first two games against Detroit but now is poo since then and has become a turnover machine. Yeah he was sick in Game 5, but looked even worse last night.
Callahan has been Poo on the "offensive" end of things, and should stay on the 3rd line, and think really hard in the off season how to find his offensive game, or he will be gone in a couple of years.
Flip has been ok but mostly poo found the back of the net, but for a guy who has been in the top 6 all playoffs, one point/goal is not going to cut it.
Bishop was amazing till he **** himself last night, and became poo
Kucherov with that turnover was Poo but made up with a goal later. So he is not poo yet.
Killorn has been very good, he is poo-free right now like Kucherov.
Drouin has been up and down, but he is not poo yet.
JAM's first playoff game, and he was poo.
Boyle Has not really done much to call him poo or not.
Condra probably feels like Poo right now.
Blunden was probably in the bathroom making poo during a part of the game.

Daren Puppa really played for the Lightning at the wrong time.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Everyone keeps talking about their 4th line, we need to match that line with our best forecheckers as well. Put Paquette - Boyle - Callahan out against them to neutralize their strengths. Make the Johnson line go toe to toe with Tavares as well and then hope Palat - Namestnikov - Drouin can outplay the Nielsen line which they couldn't last night. Filpulla vs Nelson should be a wash.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Fwiw, you can go back to the Detroit series from last year when I was harping on him and people started agreeing they didn't see this "Hedmonster" other people were seeing. Next game he plays great and sends the winning pass to Johnsons stick and we are back in the series.

He's gotten better but last year's regular season I thought he was underwhelming. Very underwhelming. Then the playoffs came around and he got better each game. He did well this season but his shot is very inaccurate. I think he's neutered most of his problems to where they are now positives. They may be good, when we are expecting elite. He definitely gets his tires pumped at times here and on Tv, but he's one of the better dmen in the league. He's just taking his sweet time getting adjusted to the playoffs this year, like last year, and it's hurting us right now due to the injuries and underachieving of others.

I expect he will turn it around. At least I hope.

And Robert, Names sucks out there. At least Drouin could carry the puck and had over 30 points on the 4th. We are lucky to see Names even carry the puck up the ice at 3C and the reason he's there is because he doesn't deserve anything higher. I was afraid of this. I was afraid his decent season was just a shade of what he really can be, and so far he's proving me right, especially since he's done:

Heres: Vlad Namestnikov--->Nothing

Next to nothing. He's been a complete non factor.

This is true about Hedman, in terms of last season. Everyone forgets how bad he was last season (in the regular season). In the playoffs, he came out as an absolute monster though. And he remained close to that level for large parts of this season, especially in the second half, where he had something like 8 goals and close to 30 points.

But the big thing about Hedman is how rarely he gets beat one-on-one these days. When he gets beat one-on-one, like last night, we tend to lose.

Even the best defenseman have weaknesses, Hedman included. But even with those weaknesses, he's on the brink of being top-5.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
First kucherov steals puck ok to start vladdy drives net hard pretty much tripped up.

Sustr keeps up with prince tells me prince is not a threat with speed.

Vladdy bails out sustr who makes bad clear and sets up Drouin good entry Drouin sends to palat nice goal.

Concern for team though so far they are not fast at all seem in laid back mode not up for the game imho.

Two clears passes missed player by four feet.

Condra knocked out. That shift kucherov to Johnson to killorn major move by killer big chance get control of puck again after fails to score but totally legit shot and could be up 2-0 easily.

Kucherov ready to get off ice is interfered with tripped. No call.
Puck cleared to side no defense basically no one on page. Top line to this is just ugly to watch very weak goal but is like third shot on bishop in decent areas so deserving probably something we can clean up.

Weak goal from boards really odd to see bishop miss that one. Boyle big hit entering zone than sandwiched by two players for islanders.

Second line palat Drouin namestnikov come right back very good shift palat at doorstep stopped they grabbed puck a couple times looks good.

Drouin another good play to Coburn nestea at net manhandled lol blocked shot.

Another bad pass in zone missing guy by feet makes bishop make a save lots of traffic at net.
Clutttterbuck fourth line out working kuch line turnover in kucherovs feet two or three legit shots on bishop or shots bishop struggled with and fought.

Solid first minute on penalty kill. Solid kill one thing Tavares is fast he broke the line with speed like the sea parting that is something to seriously look out for this kid has wheels upon wheels.

Second pk penalty trip on killer. Good save on leddy slap shot. Kill another penalty look ok

Kucherov with a shot glove save greiss. Leddy with wheels bishop fights off and Drouin has opening and misses net.

Callahan with shot misses net. Great play by kulemin think lifting carles stick pass to prince goal nothing really to complain about good hockey play.

2 seconds remaining? No words at all except guys stayed on ice too long poor coverage missed a hit on boards just bad all around don’t put those last two on bishop as much after watching a third time.

That’s all breaking down for this game. Worst case think we tie that period lol.

Will add the condra hit made it seem like line one and two were only lines using lol.

TO HOSE no i dont like your suggestion at all think tavares has speed and would anihliate not sure how to spell that one us seriously he would eat up the tyjo kucherov line and the fourth line basically we need brown back blunden should help too a bit. Kucherov would be trying to cheat if he played head to head with tavares and i only see bad things happening myself. also tavares for all the crap maybe i gave him? he is very good stealing pucks did against kucherov at end of period.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
So you're saying Johnson is slow? Tavares has speed but so does Johnson and his supporting cast is better. They had their 4th line up against our 1st and it didn't go well for us, we need them away from a physical line and Tavares is the least physical. If you can't go toe to toe with your top line than you don't deserve to win. Cooper thinks like you and is scared to change things and go with matchups. With the last change he could easily neutralize that 4th line which gave us trouble. Callahan, Paquette and Boyle aren't doing anything offensively and won't stop Tavares, make them useful and have them bang with their 4th line all game.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
So you're saying Johnson is slow? Tavares has speed but so does Johnson and his supporting cast is better. They had their 4th line up against our 1st and it didn't go well for us, we need them away from a physical line and Tavares is the least physical. If you can't go toe to toe with your top line than you don't deserve to win. Cooper thinks like you and is scared to change things and go with matchups. With the last change he could easily neutralize that 4th line which gave us trouble. Callahan, Paquette and Boyle aren't doing anything offensively and won't stop Tavares, make them useful and have them bang with their 4th line all game.

I think Cooper doesn't play matchups because he lacks the ability to. He severely lacks in the game management department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad