GDT: 4/24/22 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Florida

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Missed the game, so I apologize for not knowing the answers but:

1. Did Cirelli play? If not, is he hurt?
2. What happened to Serg?
3. What happened to Rutta?
I think they decided to rest Cirelli.

Serge got in a fight with Bennett and got cut pretty good. Probably needed some stitches.

Not sure what happened to Rutta. Hard to tell with any of these if the team was just taking precautions with only 3 games left

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015
I think Vasy would like one of those back. The rest were just high quality goals. It looks like 18-19 because Florida plays that way. They give up defense for chances.

Yes, and it’s going to cost them in the playoffs. The Panthers don’t play a sustainable brand of hockey that will work in the playoffs. And neither Knight nor Bob are Stanley Cup caliber goalies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I honestly don't think the game was even as close as the score. I think Vasy would like at least two of those back. Felt almost like we were toying with them at times.

To me, Vasy's the biggest concern going into the playoffs. He got better as the game went on, and was certainly better than Knight, but he still doesn't look like last year's Conn Smyth winner.

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015
Panthers fans are completely delusional. They’re literally acting like Tampa Bay fans did before the 2019 playoffs, except that Lightning team was better than this Florida team in every aspect. They aren’t winning a cup with that goalie situation.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Panthers fans are completely delusional. They’re literally acting like Tampa Bay fans did before the 2019 playoffs, except thatLightning team was better than this Florida team in every aspect. They aren’t winning a cup with that goalie situation.
They're also playing a Russian roulette style of game, with that goalie situation. I kind of feel like Washington is going to snuff them out in 5 or 6 games, just by experience.

If Vasy had been fully on his game tonight, we probably win that one 8-1 too. Mind you, I don't think their tandem is always that horrific. But it's also not great at best.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
They're also playing a Russian roulette style of game, with that goalie situation. I kind of feel like Washington is going to snuff them out in 5 or 6 games, just by experience.

If Vasy had been fully on his game tonight, we probably win that one 8-1 too. Mind you, I don't think their tandem is always that horrific. But it's also not great at best.

I would love to watch that implosion

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hard to read too much into this. It was a very good win. A convincing win. But the Cats fall behind and start poorly almost every game. If there's any takeaway it's that it happened again and bit them. We need to keep doing us

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Gotta give the boys a lot of credit...they have upppped their urgency and confidence 100 fold from just a week ago.

Hats off

Reactions: Outl4w

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL

Well, the only problem there is that either of their probable first round opponents are also in trouble in net. Washington has the same kind of goaltending tandem problem where neither guy is terribly impressive (Vanecek is slightly above average at .910 S%/3.5 GSAA while Samsonov has been atrocious at .897 S%/-11.2 GSAA) and while Jarry has been good for the Penguins - though he carries a huge question mark regardless after his horror show last year against the Islanders - he's also not a sure thing to be back in net for the beginning of the playoffs. DeSmith has been fairly good as well so maybe that won't be a problem but he also has zero minutes of playoff experience so that's worth being aware of.

I think Florida takes out Washington. The Caps lost in five in the opening round each of the last two years and just seem like a team towards the end of their rope. If they get the Penguins though, with their wealth of playoff experience, watch out.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Did the Panthers seriously decide to just Stamkos be at the circle? It’s been a long time since he’s had this much time to shoot

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Finished watching the game late...

Damn, it's always nice to see us beat those pretenders. As soon as they go down, they have zero composure. Zero. Yeah they win a fight and throw the body, but they have no control. Great way to end their season at home with that performance. We could've played better defensively, looking at Vasy as well, but solid win.

p***y ass team.

Reactions: Outl4w

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
yysyjpuw9lv81.jpg

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Another statement game made. Hope Sergachev heals up for playoffs. I am telling you they awakened the true warriors in this team and the back to back champions are gearing into playoff mode. No one wants to play us.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Fun game but means little. I don't think either team was at playoff level and it was all about trying to send a message but don't get injured. Vasy is obviously not going at it 100% to save it for when it counts. Bob looked like he needed a nap.
It will be a good series if they meet.

Reactions: Peacefool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad