pIulQ7S.png

ma1L24n.png

ItkwjNo.png

6DeOigZ.png

EEDhbfc.png

zTmbuOX.png

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015
We need to beat these assholes and remind them who little brother is. Don’t need them tying our record for points in a season.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Big test tonight. Let's turn it into a playoff game. ...Which probably means let's spend the whole night in the box.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We need to beat these assholes and remind them who little brother is. Don’t need them tying our record for points in a season.

I don't really care about that to be honest. If this team actually pulled off a threepeat you can literally start the story with as much horrific footage as you want to show of CBJ clown pounding us and say "This was when a dynasty was born"

The Cats can have the damn record in that case

StammerHammer

Dec 23, 2021
Whats the over/under, 11? Nice to see the boys scoring again. Defense and offense in the last two games. Can it get any better?

Go Bolts!!!!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Whats the over/under, 11? Nice to see the boys scoring again. Defense and offense in the last two games. Can it get any better?

Go Bolts!!!!
If it's 11 we lose, I think. We've settled into our defensive structure and the offense is coming out of that. And just "pucks breaking even" a little bit.

IMO, the Toronto game could have been 3-1 and it would have felt just as good. We gave them very, very little to work with, and we might have given Nashville even less.

I don't know if this is the "switch" or if we just had a couple of long overdue good games. I also remember that, in the playoffs last year, we didn't try to snuff Florida out the way we did other teams. We basically gave them the run and gun hockey they wanted, and trusted that Vasy would be better than every goalie in their organization. Then we went back to "snuff out" hockey vs. Carolina.

So who knows. I just talked myself out of my theory. lol Maybe this thing does become a 7-6 nail-biter.

I would be ecstatic with a 2-1 Jon Cooper Special though.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL

I would be ok with them tying our '18-'19 season in a heartbeat if their season ends the same way ours did (and without the following 2+ seasons ending the way they did).

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I would be ok with them tying our '18-'19 season in a heartbeat if their season ends the same way ours did (and without the following 2+ seasons ending the way they did).
They can still tie the 128 points we had if they win their last 4 games, but they'd be one win short of our 62. That'd also mean they would have a 17 game winning streak going into the playoffs.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
They can still tie the 128 points we had if they win their last 4 games, but they'd be one win short of our 62. That'd also mean they would have a 17 game winning streak going into the playoffs.

They would also fall well short of our regulation win total from that season. Lightning won 49 games in regulation in '18-'19, while the Panthers max out at 45.

Heck, while the Panthers do have the best regulation win percentage in the East this year, they're only 4th in regulation wins themselves. Take that for whatever you want. 16 wins in 3v3 OT and shootouts is nuts.

Reactions: DFC

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I don't really care about that to be honest. If this team actually pulled off a threepeat you can literally start the story with as much horrific footage as you want to show of CBJ clown pounding us and say "This was when a dynasty was born"

The Cats can have the damn record in that case
This. If we 3peat idgaf about nothing else lmao. Cats could even win the cup the following season for all I care.

if no 3peat I'll gladly settle for 3 cups in 4 years :)

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
If it's 11 we lose, I think. We've settled into our defensive structure and the offense is coming out of that. And just "pucks breaking even" a little bit.

IMO, the Toronto game could have been 3-1 and it would have felt just as good. We gave them very, very little to work with, and we might have given Nashville even less.

I don't know if this is the "switch" or if we just had a couple of long overdue good games. I also remember that, in the playoffs last year, we didn't try to snuff Florida out the way we did other teams. We basically gave them the run and gun hockey they wanted, and trusted that Vasy would be better than every goalie in their organization. Then we went back to "snuff out" hockey vs. Carolina.

So who knows. I just talked myself out of my theory. lol Maybe this thing does become a 7-6 nail-biter.

I would be ecstatic with a 2-1 Jon Cooper Special though.
Problem is Florida plays so weird it really throws us off. They cherry pick more than any other team we face, which makes it really dangerous to use the points or pinch a lot like we like to do. I don't think we give them the run and gun so much as their offensive strategy throws us out of whack and takes a while to adjust to after playing more normal teams.

Reactions: DFC

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Problem is Florida plays so weird it really throws us off. They cherry pick more than any other team we face, which makes it really dangerous to use the points or pinch a lot like we like to do. I don't think we give them the run and gun so much as their offensive strategy throws us out of whack and takes a while to adjust to after playing more normal teams.
Could be, yeah. I just remember more odd-man rushes, both ways, in that series than we probably saw in the rest of the playoffs combined.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Could be, yeah. I just remember more odd-man rushes, both ways, in that series than we probably saw in the rest of the playoffs combined.
Oh yeah definitely, I'm just not sure how intentional it was. I think we finally figured them out in the last couple games which weren't as wide open, but it was a struggle and hopefully we don't repeat it if we can help it because I'm not sure we want to gamble with an even deeper forward lineup.

I won't be surprised if they run rampant on us tonight as we haven't faced them in ages.

WhoozYerrDaddy

May 5, 2004
Time for a statement game and remind the rest of the league who the real TBL are.

Gotta knock the stinking Panther fan down a couple pegs.

GO Lightning !!! (I refuse to call them Bolts)

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Florida does cherry pick a ton. You have to make them pay by forechecking aggressively and when they get their rushes body up somebody. Don't just skate backwards let them tic-tac-toe it into the net.

It kind of reminds me of the season that won't be mentioned where we would just bludgeon teams 6-3.

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad