Post-Game Talk: Nurse Skinned the Oilers

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
He's not a good player at all at this point and he's getting worse. First games here he was getting by on adrenaline and excitement. he's been nothing for quite a long time. We missed Henrique in this game, more defensively but also on his first line contributions.
Need Henrique , Carrick and Gagner. Get rid of Ryan and any other non-factors. I'd say Mcleod but we need the non-physical A-hole on the PK.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Yep.
They didn’t show up at all. Only reason we were in that game is cause Silovs suck.
We played better in that massive loss to Calgary than this.
It’s annoying as f*** because you need to win games that a goalie sucks… but I guess it’s a coin flip when both suck.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You’re up 4-1 with 25 minutes to play it doesn’t matter how you got there. You’re goalie can’t pitch a ~50% sv% the rest of the way.
I don’t know how “go to sleep for two periods” is considered a viable strategy by you or anyone. They played like shit.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Nurse/Ceci zero hits between the two. Not only were they pylons, they couldn't chip in physically. This is exactly what I feared; us not being able to match Van's physicality on their backend

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
And he’s shown he can bounce back from bad games. So can our defence.
He hasn't shown he can play Vancouver once all season. Nucks represent different challenges than a Kings club that wasn't even involved. The Kings team had zero belief and only Kempe going. Nucks have the belief and will shoot from a lot of different angles and try anything. Why not? Skinners in net. Chance anything will go.

Even in first period on 4 SOG Nucks got a post and a lucky save by Skinner off his stick. Skinner at no point looked settled.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

505a4e2c59804df3696eafa297cece39.gif

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Get 25 and 5 off this f***ing team by the start of next season. Who needed an upgrade, Ken Holland?

Can this idiot coach at least TRY Stecher in for Ceci? That useless goal on Shitlov probably got him some rope though...sigh

The analytics department better be shoving these stats sheets in the coaches faces at this point

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Such a kick in the nuts!!! You're up 4-1 and the nucks goalie is rattled and you stop shooting? f*** inexcusable!!! Skinner was garbage tonight and we don't get any pps other than a too many men penalty? So f***ing pissed Oilers blew this game!!! Embarrassing!!!!
We didn't want to be too rude and unwelcoming.

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
For good measure Zadorov sticks him in the back two times with two handers and Drai didn't even have the puck. Wouldn't even have been called without Drai retaliating.
Just replied to your earlier comments with this.
And maybe not slash back in retaliation would help the team too.. it was game over if Zadorov went in the box by himself.
There is no way that is happening, If Drai didn't slash him back there would be no penalty at all.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Perry screened tf out of Skinner on that Zadarov goal. Wtf was he doing lol

Almost getting to the point with him where he has to do something or come out. He’s been a 0 the whole playoff.

I actually thought Brown was a bright spot (naturally he didn’t get much ice as a result). I’d be very close to putting him in over Perry, especially with the obvious speed issues he has.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
You’re up 4-1 with 25 minutes to play it doesn’t matter how you got there. You’re goalie can’t pitch a ~50% sv% the rest of the way.
The 2nd goal was a backbreaker. Much different going into the 3rd up 4-1 than 4-2, and that goal was terrible stick management by Skinner. Miller goal was awful should have sealed his post zero excuse not to. Zadorov goal also terrible can't find an untapped puck through 2 of his own guys from a mile out, and the Garland one LOL, nice five hole. Dumbass better bounce back or get the f*** out of the net.

Funny thing is Skinner was fine up until that 2nd goal that he put in his own net. PK was playing elite. Team wasn't doing much on offence, but gave up basically nothing all game. That's a game where letting in more than 2 or 3 goals is ECHL level. f*** off.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Well if we don’t get a split in Vancouver we might not win this.

Still think we take them in 5, but if they win the next one I’m not sure we come back.

The only way we lose this series is Skinner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad