BRUINS GDT 4/23 7:14 PM: Game 6 ECQF: Bruins hope to silence Maple Leaf Square | NESN, NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Toronto stopped skating in Game 5 and things that were not being called on them in Games 3 and 4, did get called.

If you watch the other series, depending on the refs, that stick work is being called in a lot of games. Toronto fans are in denial about how much clutch and grab and obstruction the Leafs commit. They think just because they have a fast team, they don’t do that stuff to create more space.

I mentioned in the last GDT,

The only time I notice Polak is on dump ins when he's setting a pick and using his free hand to grab the forechecker while his d partner grabs the puck.

The perfect Babdong d-man.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Hard to feel confident about this game when none of the centres are looking dangerous offensively. We'll likely need big performances from Pasta/Marchand to win.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
I'm not worried.

My boyfriend has never seen the Bruins win a game. The only two playoff games he's watched this year they've lost.

He is not invited to watch the game tonight.

We're winning this thing and I think I need a new boyfriend.

Let's go Bs!!!!!!
That's awesome, you've got your priorities in order! lol

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
They need to get their act together and execute both offensively and defensively for a full 60 (or close to it). Need to defend the rush better and capitalize on opportunities.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
Just went to the GDT on the Stanley Cup forum and I couldn't even make it past the first page, it's totally dominated by Leaf fans who are still whining about the penalties from game 5. I'm beginning to see why most of you stay out of those threads. lol

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Exactly, not the same scenario at all! Good to know it haunts them though!

That's what I was thinking. If the media wants to take that spin, fine. It's their job to look for narratives. But, for a player to bring it up......yeesh. Even if it's on their minds, you don't say it's on your mind man! That's why they're all cliche-bots.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
the statute of limitations on a cup victory for me was 5 years. last year's playoffs was a nice surprise,
didn't think the team was very good until cassidy jumpstarted them. and with dr cross/liles/morrow
playing regularly, it wasn't going anywhere anyway. this team has a great chance and i'm back on
that nervous bandwagon.
Me too. I hope the B's win tonight so I can relax for a couple of days...Oh and it would be good for the B's to heal and rest up as well.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm not worried.

My boyfriend has never seen the Bruins win a game. The only two playoff games he's watched this year they've lost.

He is not invited to watch the game tonight.

We're winning this thing and I think I need a new boyfriend.

Let's go Bs!!!!!!
:laugh: makes sense to me

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I'm feeling the Leafs tie it up at 3 with the goalie pulled. Then, Nash61 ends it around the 7 minute mark of OT. Andersen continues to have trouble picking up pucks coming out from behind the net and Nash bangs it in from in front.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Any historic Bruins performances, positive or negative, are moot IMO.

What happened five, ten or twenty years ago has absolutely no bearing over what happens tonight.

Both teams are going to come out and try their hardest to win.

I fully expect Toronto to come our guns blazing. They’re playing with house money as far as I’m concerned. Pressure is all on Boston with the prospects of “blowing” the 3-1 series lead.

Come out of the first period even and I like their chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad