BRUINS GDT 4/23 7:14 PM: Game 6 ECQF: Bruins hope to silence Maple Leaf Square | NESN, NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
End it here boys.

Cant let them carry momentum back to Boston.

You're the better team. Play like it.

If the B`s play with the passion, focus they showed in the final period of games 3 and 5, it`ll be a win. Problem has been, we haven`t seen that often enough and it`s only when they wake up and realize they are behind. Have to start on time tonight or we`ll be watching game 7 from Boston

Reactions: BiGBear8 and JCRO

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I get that our aggressive D is part of our strategy, but there's been so many bad pinches that have directly lead to chances the other way. Apparently it's an adjustment that Cassidy doesn't want to make.

yep, it`s that fine line between wanting and asking your team to play up tempo, aggressive but at the same time, asking them to be picky about when to do this. The pinches are fine but they CANNOT pinch when all 3 forwards are below the hash marks

Reactions: Bmessy

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Don't Stop Believin' is a good anthem going into this game.

As an 80's music afficianado, the tunes stuck in my head after Saturday's game were Missed Opportunities by Hall & Oates and Too Little Too Late by Pat Benatar.

I think Rask will be better and they'll get some production out of the top line (and not more missed opportunities). Will it be enough?

Hopefully.
I would rather "Don't Stop Believing" than that Bon Jovi song.

Please Please Please WIN !!!

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
yep, it`s that fine line between wanting and asking your team to play up tempo, aggressive but at the same time, asking them to be picky about when to do this. The pinches are fine but they CANNOT pinch when all 3 forwards are below the hash marks

It's been frustrating. There's been times where we have 3 forwards below the goal line even. The puck gets won by Toronto and sent to the blue line, the D pinches with minimal chance of making an effective play, and boom it's gone the other way. It's so easy to fix but they just keep doing it. Coincidentally it's been our least talented offensive Dmen making the mistakes too.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The Bruins will have another chance to close the door on Monday in Game 6 at Air Canada Centre in Toronto.

Cassidy stated the obvious when he confirmed that Tuukka Rask would be back in net after being pulled in the second period Saturday.

“I didn’t think our team’s done its best defending in front of him in term of killing rushes, so that went hand in hand,” Cassidy said. “Tomorrow we need to be better in both those areas.”

The Bruins fell into a 4-1 hole in Game 5 and fell just short of climbing out of it. Rask gave up all four goals and was candid about how rough of a night it was. But in the locker room, teammates were just as frank about the defensive adjustments that need to be made.

“It’s not just on him, it’s on us as well,” defenseman Kevan Miller said. “It’s a team sport here. He’s been great for us all year, and we need to be better in front of him.”

Bruins pin Game 5 loss on defensive breakdowns - The Boston Globe

Reactions: BBruins

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It's been frustrating. There's been times where we have 3 forwards below the goal line, the puck gets won by Toronto and sent to the blue line, the D pinches with minimal chance of making an effective play, and boom it's gone the other way. It's so easy to fix but they just keep doing it.

easy for us to say but I`m not playing, I`m just a slightly overweight almost 50 year old sitting on his couch jamming cake into my pie hole while playing coach, GM, starting right winger:laugh:

I`ve mentioned it a ton here and it was and still is my biggest concern with the Leafs. Everyone and his sister knows they love the stretch pass and that they have absolutely insane speed lines 1 through 4. Knowing this, there HAS to be a Bruin who remains above the hash marks unless there is a cycle being worked because if not, we see and have seen far too many situations where the Leafs get the puck in the D zone and easily make an "out" without any pressure and worse yet, 3 forwards all below the hash marks and essentially out of position.

I have no issues if the D pinch, but they have to do it when the odds are heavily in their favor that they will be able to keep the puck in

Another thing that I think Butch needs to address is the dump ins. Too many horrible dump in`s which the Leafs D easily gets to. I would prefer a soft chip/chase, gifting them the puck with a hard dump in, especially if no Bruin is entering the zone top speed is simply giving up possession and giving it right back

Regina

Apr 11, 2004
Regina
www.corrine.ca
UNE-Neo-1.jpg

There is no leaf

Reactions: BMC and HockeyMomx2

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Enough of this team of also rans. Boston score 5 in the first so I can finally have a day off of all my Leaf friends telling me how awesome they are

Reactions: Strafer

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme

Love the video! I hope the players feel the same way. I thought Saturday night, while having some good stats, was a poor effort by the boys. We lost almost all the 50/50 battles and board play. Have to be stronger physically and mentally and they can win this game tonight. You cannot glide your way to a victory, we have to skate these punks out of the rink and onto the golf course. LET'S GO BRUINS!!!!!

Reactions: Berge56 and Strafer

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
If the B`s play with the passion, focus they showed in the final period of games 3 and 5, it`ll be a win. Problem has been, we haven`t seen that often enough and it`s only when they wake up and realize they are behind. Have to start on time tonight or we`ll be watching game 7 from Boston
that's the only way to play Bruin hockey.start the game awake and play 60min.Lets Go Boston Lets Go!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino