GDT: 4/23/15 - 7:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #3 Detroit [ECQF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Yeah being a wings and tampa fan is tough for me right now. Since moving to florida 19 years ago and the wings being in the west it was pretty easy. Now being in the same division? Yikes...

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
LOL at the post saying you're not a real fan because you chirp the team and didn't believe and bla bla bla. Its called having emotion for the team. Tampa didn't look good for 55 minutes (1st period was alright) you go down 2-0, knowing Tampa isn't usually a comeback team, you get upset, emotions run wild, you know the team can play better, you call out certain players. People do that win or loose. Its called caring about the team and having some emotional investment in the team. I didn't think we'd win last night, I was pretty bummed and upset and threw in my chirps and profanity much like other posters (I can be pretty bad sometimes and I know it but it's because I know the team is better than that). I decided to continue watching the game and then the motor city miracle happened and I'm pretty glad I kept watching.

People chirp and say things about the team because they are true fans. If they didn't then i'd be concerned ;)

Besides us 7 Tampa Fans have to stick together since according to everyone else there aren't many Tampa Fans not call each other out and say "You're not a true fan". On to game 5!!

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
I'm glad to know I'm not a fan because my emotions take control of me during the games. It's not smart, I know, but that's what I love about being a sports fan. Those mood swings make it great to watch a team you care about. You can go from the brink of depression to yelling, laughing, jumping-all-around idiot in a matter of minutes. Being analytical and sitting in my chair with my suit and top hat on saying "yes, splendid" after goals are scored isn't my thing. I'm embarrassed by some comments I write during the heat of the game but that's part of the fun. Plus, I was pretty drunk last night after I downed beers at a pretty good rate after the second Detroit goal which just exaggerates those heat of the moment comments even more. :laugh:

I didn't see anyone wishing death on anybody. I ripped in to the team and some of it's players but at that point it was warranted and for some, it's still warranted.

I'm going to stand behind what I said before the last game that the winner of game four is going to win this series in six games. I really hope that happens.
I don't think "because my emotions take control of me" is a legitimate excuse for anything. [MOD]

Yeah being a wings and tampa fan is tough for me right now. Since moving to florida 19 years ago and the wings being in the west it was pretty easy. Now being in the same division? Yikes...
Potential round 2 is gonna be brutal for me. Montreal vs Tampa. My girlfriend being a Montreal fan. Last year wasn't so bad, she wasn't pissed at me for a sweep. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I haven't read all the posts in here yet so I don't know if it's been covered but Stamkos was very not good while Callahan had a strong game. I think that shows that you can't blame his lack of production on his linemates. His linemates aren't the reason he tried to dangle through 3 guys and lost the puck or that he passed it out of the zone or that his passes didn't connect etc etc

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I thought we were pretty much finished when we reached the 10 minute mark of the 3rd still down 2-0. I watched to the end, though, because I'm an optimist. Glad I stayed. Best comeback I've ever seen this team achieve.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I thought we were pretty much finished when we reached the 10 minute mark of the 3rd still down 2-0. I watched to the end, though, because I'm an optimist. Glad I stayed. Best comeback I've ever seen this team achieve.

Yeah. The emotion was heightened because of the shocking nature of it. I don't think any single one of us really believed there was a realistic chance we were going to win that game. I've seen a lot of comebacks where one team is pushing, pushing, pushing and then the floodgates burst. But this was more like Tyler Johnson with a set of those electric medical pad thingies, shocking the team and the fanbase back to life. It was so instantaneous. Definitely a night we'll remember forever, and I hope we can win this series if only to make it an important moment in franchise history, because it deserves to be that.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I don't think "because my emotions take control of me" is a legitimate excuse for anything. [MOD]
Potential round 2 is gonna be brutal for me. Montreal vs Tampa. My girlfriend being a Montreal fan. Last year wasn't so bad, she wasn't pissed at me for a sweep. :laugh:

Again, that's not how it is for everyone and that's fine, but I've been like that always. I'm usually pretty level headed in everyday life but sports or things that I'm emotinally very invested in bring that out in me. I personally love the mood swings during the games. Would be pretty boring for me if it was always positive or negative. I guess that's a bit of a Finnish trait too. We're probably the only people who doom their athletes before every international event. Some even take pleasure out of seeing the Finnish athletes fail so they can say "Yeah, I told you so". Could be some kind of a defense mechanism too so when you anticipate a loss already you don't get so disappointed if they lose. Again, that's not everyone and I can't speak for any other Finnish posters here but those are just my observations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I was literally jumping up and down for 60 seconds after we tied it. I think I strained a rib muscle:laugh:

You mean you weren't jumping up and down for entire 3 hours the game was on? You're probably bi-polar dude, get it checked out.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Also - if your team is losing a goon-em-up with the Lightning, your team has HUGE problems. I don't even know how Killorn could realistically cause Glendenning to cut his friggin hand in a scrum, but somehow it was deliberate.

The only physical player we have is Abby... And Franzen when hes mad. But hes injured

Cole isnt punishing either... Danny D is starting to find his physical side.

All our team done is Troll the other players...

Lol ur teeth are so dirty. *skates away*

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
One thing I saw that made me laugh, was during a time out(don't remember who's it was) they show the benches and Babs has his white board out drawing out plays, they pan over to the Tampa bench and there are all the TB coaches standing there with their arms crossed, chewing gum.. Don't know why but this made me crack up. :biglaugh:

That is one complaint that so many of us have. I just seems like during the game Cooper is indifferent. Who knows what happens in the locker room. You could tell when Boucher was mad. You could tell when Torts was mad. Cooper just stands there chewing away. If it works then it works. But when it is not working, then we want him do something. To show that there is something going on (in his brain). We want him to lead and have a plan and make everything better. We want him to show that he is capable of making the players better, because as fans we are just helpless and can do nothing.

I said "we" a lot in there, so I apologize if that is not exactly the same frustration that others have when Coop stands there chewing his gum. Maybe I should have said "I" instead. "I" want him to show that he cares, and it frustrates "me" when we play like **** and he seemingly has no reaction.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I mean, part of me would love to hear Coop come out and say "Stamkos has been ass - he needs to be better". He isn't Torts though - he isn't Boucher. He's not going to throw a player under the bus, and he's not going to show a ton of emotion. That's fine - that's how he is. Considering the methodical system he put in place, and his trust on the system at all times (process over results), you can't get too up when the results aren't where you want. His personality pretty much mirrors his system - at times it'll act as a strength, and at times it will seem like a weakness. We can't ask him to change that particular thing though.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
I mean, part of me would love to hear Coop come out and say "Stamkos has been ass - he needs to be better". He isn't Torts though - he isn't Boucher. He's not going to throw a player under the bus, and he's not going to show a ton of emotion. That's fine - that's how he is. Considering the methodical system he put in place, and his trust on the system at all times (process over results), you can't get too up when the results aren't where you want. His personality pretty much mirrors his system - at times it'll act as a strength, and at times it will seem like a weakness. We can't ask him to change that particular thing though.

I would't ask him to call anyone out publicly. That is not what I meant. I mean during the game, show that something is going on up there. It is frustrating that he does not seem upset or anything when we are all screaming at our TVs.

He may as well just look into the camera and give us the creepy smile from the commercial.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I would't ask him to call anyone out publicly. That is not what I meant. I mean during the game, show that something is going on up there. It is frustrating that he does not seem upset or anything when we are all screaming at our TVs.

He may as well just look into the camera and give us the creepy smile from the commercial.

Meh, I'm not too frustrated by that. Scotty Bowman almost never showed emotion. Did okay for himself. There's something to be said for setting a calm example.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
I guess I was wrong. I am the only one frustrated by Cooper's gum chewing and apparent indifference.

I said "we" a lot in there, so I apologize if that is not exactly the same frustration that others have when Coop stands there chewing his gum. Maybe I should have said "I" instead. "I" want him to show that he cares, and it frustrates "me" when we play like **** and he seemingly has no reaction.

I did say this though ^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad