GDT: 4/23/15 - 7:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #3 Detroit [ECQF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmix

Jun 29, 2014
this thread was pathetic and hilarious

It's embarrassing to say the least. maybe some of you should go be "fans" of edmonton instead where the only exciting day is June 27th year in and out. people are literally calling players pieces of sh** and hoping they die, while the rest are just tasteless insults to your own team.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009

It's embarrassing to say the least. maybe some of you should go be "fans" of edmonton instead where the only exciting day is June 27th year in and out. people are literally calling players pieces of sh** and hoping they die, while the rest are just tasteless insults to your own team.

I didn't actually see anybody wishing death upon anybody.

I get down on the gloom and doomers too. And then I join in! Because, let's face it, last night looked over. Game over, season over. From any reasonable perspective we looked done. This team has not shown that they were capable of what they did last night, not at any point in time of this season.

The whole thing is probably made much worse because we've seen this team all season, and we know how good they are. We know what they are capable of when they play like they give a ****. Then they go out and lay an egg in the PO's. It's frustrating beyond belief and not everybody is going to agree to the same causes for the dismal effort we get from these guys at times.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I didn't actually see anybody wishing death upon anybody.

I get down on the gloom and doomers too. And then I join in! Because, let's face it, last night looked over. Game over, season over. From any reasonable perspective we looked done. This team has not shown that they were capable of what they did last night, not at any point in time of this season.

The whole thing is probably made much worse because we've seen this team all season, and we know how good they are. We know what they are capable of when they play like they give a ****. Then they go out and lay an egg in the PO's. It's frustrating beyond belief and not everybody is going to agree to the same causes for the dismal effort we get from these guys at times.

This would pretty much be your reaction if you watched the game live like most of us did, although someone who just looked at the boxscore hours after the game could come in and talk on their high horse like they knew the team was going to win all along :shakehead.

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
25 of 36 pages in this thread are full of delicious despair.

So little faith.

If the series goes to game 7 how despondent will this board be during and following our 3rd loss in the series?

Doesn't jumping on StamGoat's nuts every stretch of uninspiring play he has get boring after awhile? It's a common enough occurrence this year that it's no longer surprising to see him struggling.

I hope we dominate game 5 to build the swagger back up, if only to watch the plummeting morale when we inevitably get shut out again in Detroit in game 6. The schizophrenic nervousness of a game 7 few of you will expect to win...can't wait!

отчаяние

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
[MOD]

Everybody does it different. You're not any more of a fan because you came in after the game and put down everybody for losing hope. Nobody gave up their Lightning fan card in this thread last night. Not a single person said, "ok I'm all done cheering for the Lightning, that's it". They were frustrated and upset, and still fans.

I'd also like to point out that at least some of that "negativity" last night was the fake anti-jinx stuff that some people have been doing for two seasons now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tmix

Jun 29, 2014
[MOD]

Everybody does it different. You're not any more of a fan because you came in after the game and put down everybody for losing hope. Nobody gave up their Lightning fan card in this thread last night. Not a single person said, "ok I'm all done cheering for the Lightning, that's it". They were frustrated and upset, and still fans.

I'd also like to point out that at least some of that "negativity" last night was the fake anti-jinx stuff that some people have been doing for two seasons now.

there's a difference between losing hope/being upset than just blatantly calling players pieces of ****, garbage, [MOD]
just saying its not over til its over

Last edited by a moderator:

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Absolutely Hated that I missed this ending. My buddy was going to the game, but seeing as how the 'Hawks started at 9:30, I wasn't able to see the comeback.

Congrats Lightning, huge win last night!

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
We definitely chicken little too much, but last night it was pretty well warranted. It really looked like we were not gonna do anything and the season was coming to a close. I'm a positive guy normally and even I was dejected.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
We definitely chicken little too much, but last night it was pretty well warranted. It really looked like we were not gonna do anything and the season was coming to a close. I'm a positive guy normally and even I was dejected.

You and me both bud. I had already resigned myself to an off season of sorrow. TJ changed all that. May still get the off season of sorrow, but it'll be assuaged by the fact that we're going to get another home game at least.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Hockey's a game of emotions. Hell that's why fights break out. It can be even more emotionally drainimg to watch than to play. Ask any hockey player who has been a scratch. You have no control over what happens.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Definitely got owned but I disagree on the 55 minutes, it was for 1 period and 15 minutes. Different day, same story: Detroit came out strong, established solid momentum, scored the first goal then clogged the neutral like they excel in shutdown hockey. We just can't afford to let them score the first goal, period. In fact the 2nd Detroit goal changed everything, the Red Wings thought the game was over but our boys didn't give up and started to get the possession back... Now we can all kiss TyJo's shiny ass... and also Palat who was extremely instrumental on the 2 last goals scored, watch carefully the flying saucer to Johnson on the tying goal, very underrated play.

In the playoffs it is not how well you play but how many games you win. We won, end of story.

JackRabbitSlim

Dec 11, 2014
In your nightmares
LOL at the first 33 pages of this thread. A majority of you sound like 12 yr old little girls. Now I'll admit i was dejected and angry with the performance last night but its a great feeling waking up today to know we stole that game from DRW last night.

The momentum should be in our court right now. We have to start capitalizing and dictating the pace of play. The DRW are doing a great job right now of stopping any entry we have into the zone, we need to remedy that. We also need to stop with the cute drop passes and looking for the perfect shot on the PP, put it on net and crash it. Our PP is ABSYMAL right now, if I was the RW, I would just stay in the box all game, we can't do anything right with 6 or 7 opportunities a night. Pathetic.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
LOL at the first 33 pages of this thread. A majority of you sound like 12 yr old little girls. Now I'll admit i was dejected and angry with the performance last night but its a great feeling waking up today to know we stole that game from DRW last night.

The momentum should be in our court right now. We have to start capitalizing and dictating the pace of play. The DRW are doing a great job right now of stopping any entry we have into the zone, we need to remedy that. We also need to stop with the cute drop passes and looking for the perfect shot on the PP, put it on net and crash it. Our PP is ABSYMAL right now, if I was the RW, I would just stay in the box all game, we can't do anything right with 6 or 7 opportunities a night. Pathetic.

I'm at the polar opposite of the Cooper's hate bandwagon but if there's something he needs to address is how to establish our forecheck again, it was nonexistent for almost 2 games in Detroit and it's not a last change issue but a problem with our system. The lack of forecheck was our biggest problem in these 2 tough games by a colossal margin. Cooper is a smart person, he has to come up with a solution or we'll be in big trouble again, even @ Amalie.

Nonetheless I will not forget Cooper remains very little experienced in this league and facing arguably the best coach out there is certainly not an easy task to accomplish.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Definitely got owned but I disagree on the 55 minutes, it was for 1 period and 15 minutes. Different day, same story: Detroit came out strong, established solid momentum, scored the first goal then clogged the neutral like they excel in shutdown hockey. We just can't afford to let them score the first goal, period. In fact the 2nd Detroit goal changed everything, the Red Wings thought the game was over but our boys didn't give up and started to get the possession back... Now we can all kiss TyJo's shiny ass... and also Palat who was extremely instrumental on the 2 last goals scored, watch carefully the flying saucer to Johnson on the tying goal, very underrated play.

In the playoffs it is not how well you play but how many games you win. We won, end of story.

You want to talk about an underrated play? Kucherov backchecking Tatar all the way down the ice just prior to TJ's last goal. A "lazy Russian" backchecked for 150' and prevented a real scoring chance because of it. That play sets up the game winning goal in OT.

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'm at the polar opposite of the Cooper's hate bandwagon but if there's something he needs to address is how to establish our forecheck again, it was nonexistent for almost 2 games in Detroit and it's not a last change issue but a problem with our system. The lack of forecheck was our biggest problem in these 2 tough games by a colossal margin. Cooper is a smart person, he has to come up with a solution or we'll be in big trouble again, even @ Amalie.

Nonetheless I will not forget Cooper remains very little experienced in this league and facing arguably the best coach out there is certainly not an easy task to accomplish.

Not sure why DRW fans are jumping on Babcocks throat, he throughly outcoached Cooper who couldn't do anything but chew his gum the entire game. He lucked out that TKO went beastmode in the last 5 minutes. Proceeded to play them as much as he could in OT, but any sane person would do the same..

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Not sure why DRW fans are jumping on Babcocks throat, he throughly outcoached Cooper who couldn't do anything but chew his gum the entire game. He lucked out that TKO went beastmode in the last 5 minutes. Proceeded to play them as much as he could in OT, but any sane person would do the same..
I'm still concerned we have played to bad games in a row. We were lucky tko went off! Not sure if we are just terrible on the road or if Babcock adjusted?

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Absolutely Hated that I missed this ending. My buddy was going to the game, but seeing as how the 'Hawks started at 9:30, I wasn't able to see the comeback.

Congrats Lightning, huge win last night!

Thanks....

Almost as if the Bolts just 'flipped a switch' and finally realized who they were, how they got there, and WHY they are the favored team.

Now...if they can just keep that switch on for Game 5....:)

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL

I have been reading on this thread all last night (Thought I didn't really post.) and I have yet to see anyone wish death upon a player. Sorry man, unless you can provide proof I'm going to have to call you on that.

As far as giving up hope, yeah it happens. It shouldn't take a brain surgeon to figure out if we go down 3 games to 1 against the wings we are done for, for the season. Instead we saw Johnson start to emerge as a franchise player and bring our team back from the dead.

Perhaps you should become a Habs fan with your Elitism? If your suggesting we give our team because we don't fit your criteria of a Bolts fan then why don't you just ship teams instead? Majority of the posters on here have been a lot more involved in the forums than you, and much more supportive and critical of the team when it called for it. You don't get that right to call them out on their fanhood.

JackRabbitSlim

Dec 11, 2014
In your nightmares
I'm still concerned we have played to bad games in a row. We were lucky tko went off! Not sure if we are just terrible on the road or if Babcock adjusted?

Babcock has adjusted (Coop needs too), from what they did in the reg season to the trap style they are playing now, they def made an adjustment.

One thing I see missing is the emotion. Where is the playoff hockey emotion, this series has been missing it from the beginning. You look at the other series and you just see the fight in all the teams. This series between the bolts n RWs looks like an everyday regular season game.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

I share concerns about the overall quality of play as well....but, I look at it this way:

Through ALL four games so far, even the losses (and this last one too!), the Bolts actually DID set up some good plays/chances....and almost everytime, it was Peter Mrazek that shut us down.

Detroit D has done a good job, but frankly, the Lightning speed beat them on many occasions....and it was the goalie who bailed them out.

The other stuff...the not fully hustling, the not winning battles along the boards, the not getting to loose pucks faster, the brain farting on zone exits....that stuff, yea, I agree, the Bolts need to get their heads right.

But really, Detroit has had some fortune and a red hot goalie on their side......the Bolts ALWAYS have the threat...the ever present threat...of blowing up right in their faces though.
And to me, that is some nice insurance to have! :D

warlord6

Jan 13, 2010
FLA
Watching Palat come up the right side. Wow. Through Dekeyser AND the linesman...

"spitting champagne in the face of disrespect"

Last edited:

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland

I'm glad to know I'm not a fan because my emotions take control of me during the games. It's not smart, I know, but that's what I love about being a sports fan. Those mood swings make it great to watch a team you care about. You can go from the brink of depression to yelling, laughing, jumping-all-around idiot in a matter of minutes. Being analytical and sitting in my chair with my suit and top hat on saying "yes, splendid" after goals are scored isn't my thing. I'm embarrassed by some comments I write during the heat of the game but that's part of the fun. Plus, I was pretty drunk last night after I downed beers at a pretty good rate after the second Detroit goal which just exaggerates those heat of the moment comments even more. :laugh:

I didn't see anyone wishing death on anybody. I ripped in to the team and some of it's players but at that point it was warranted and for some, it's still warranted.

I'm going to stand behind what I said before the last game that the winner of game four is going to win this series in six games. I really hope that happens.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I'm glad to know I'm not a fan because my emotions take control of me during the games. It's not smart, I know, but that's what I love about being a sports fan. Those mood swings make it great to watch a team you care about. You can go from the brink of depression to yelling, laughing, jumping-all-around idiot in a matter of minutes. Being analytical and sitting in my chair with my suit and top hat on saying "yes, splendid" after goals are scored isn't my thing. I'm embarrassed by some comments I write during the heat of the game but that's part of the fun. Plus, I was pretty drunk last night after I downed beers at a pretty good rate after the second Detroit goal which just exaggerates those heat of the moment comments even more. :laugh:

I didn't see anyone wishing death on anybody. I ripped in to the team and some of it's players but at that point it was warranted and for some, it's still warranted.

I'm going to stand behind what I said before the last game that the winner of game four is going to win this series in six games. I really hope that happens.
Of course we were upset if anyone thought we were going to win last night! Down two goals with 5 mins to go that would be a lie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad