GDT: 4/23/15 - 7:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #3 Detroit [ECQF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I spend enough time around uptight *******s in law school that I don't need to be around them on my hockey message board as well. Enjoy the game how you want - have the opinions you want. There's no "right way" to be a fan.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I'm glad to know I'm not a fan because my emotions take control of me during the games. It's not smart, I know, but that's what I love about being a sports fan. Those mood swings make it great to watch a team you care about. You can go from the brink of depression to yelling, laughing, jumping-all-around idiot in a matter of minutes. Being analytical and sitting in my chair with my suit and top hat on saying "yes, splendid" after goals are scored isn't my thing. I'm embarrassed by some comments I write during the heat of the game but that's part of the fun. Plus, I was pretty drunk last night after I downed beers at a pretty good rate after the second Detroit goal which just exaggerates those heat of the moment comments even more. :laugh:

I didn't see anyone wishing death on anybody. I ripped in to the team and some of it's players but at that point it was warranted and for some, it's still warranted.

I'm going to stand behind what I said before the last game that the winner of game four is going to win this series in six games. I really hope that happens.

Great answer, I agree 100%.

The negativity last night was more of a defense mechanism of the disappointment we were feeling when the fear of the season ending were settling in, and while we might have let our emotions get the best of us we're fans for a reason and we only let it out among other fans anyway, besides if we had lost I know, since I wasn't a memeber here during last season's playoff run, that sometimes you feel better when you can share your emotions with other fans even before the game ends, it helps a lot.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm glad to know I'm not a fan because my emotions take control of me during the games. It's not smart, I know, but that's what I love about being a sports fan. Those mood swings make it great to watch a team you care about. You can go from the brink of depression to yelling, laughing, jumping-all-around idiot in a matter of minutes. Being analytical and sitting in my chair with my suit and top hat on saying "yes, splendid" after goals are scored isn't my thing. I'm embarrassed by some comments I write during the heat of the game but that's part of the fun. Plus, I was pretty drunk last night after I downed beers at a pretty good rate after the second Detroit goal which just exaggerates those heat of the moment comments even more. :laugh:

I didn't see anyone wishing death on anybody. I ripped in to the team and some of it's players but at that point it was warranted and for some, it's still warranted.

I'm going to stand behind what I said before the last game that the winner of game four is going to win this series in six games. I really hope that happens.

There was that Wing fan who wished Todd Bertuzzi-type consequences (by name) on Alex Killorn.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Our team is awesome:

I also loved this picture of Cally moving over to celebrate with Bishop before they joined the rest of the team, he did that when they won in OT against the Habs earlier this year as well:

2ymx4cw.jpg

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Just out of curiosity I decided to look at my post history for this thread and see how crazy I personally went

After 1st Goal
That's all folks.

Come on guys act like you give a ****

After 2nd Goal
Profanity! Swear! Expletive!

That was about as insane as I got but I do know I was a lot more upset by how they were playing then what I posted, I guess I was able to dial it back and not post anything too ridicules.

As someone said I do not think there is a right way or wrong way to be a fan we all get emotionally involved in these games but we all get involved to differtent degrees and react in different ways. To call someone else out on how they feel about the team at a certain moment and say they acted inapproapetly when they were just acting out in the heat of the moment, that is what's wrong. Not everyone can look at the team when they are down by 2 with under 5 to go and say "they got this". If you can great but I have to think most of us cannot and did not.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
There was that Wing fan who wished Todd Bertuzzi-type consequences (by name) on Alex Killorn.

What's silly is, Glendenning's thumb is what was cut. It was DDK's skate from him thrashing about on the bottom of that pile that caused the cut to Luke's thumb. Not anything Killorn did with the rag dolling him around prior.

Seriously, that's some incredibly weaksauce whining on the part of an O6 fanbase. Luke made it a point to finish a check he shouldn't have in a potentially dangerous area of the ice. If you're going to do that to get under the skin of the other team's star player, you better be able to cash the checks your play is writing. For the most part, Glendenning has. He's been insanely good at shutting down TKO with Drew Miller imo.

He'll be back for game 5 but last change won't be there to get him on the ice every time vs. TKO.

Cooper better put KFC back together again and Give Drouin a wing slot next to Stamkos. We have to get Stamkos going, period.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Just out of curiosity I decided to look at my post history for this thread and see how crazy I personally went

After 1st Goal

After 2nd Goal

That was about as insane as I got but I do know I was a lot more upset by how they were playing then what I posted, I guess I was able to dial it back and not post anything too ridicules.

As someone said I do not think there is a right way or wrong way to be a fan we all get emotionally involved in these games but we all get involved to differtent degrees and react in different ways. To call someone else out on how they feel about the team at a certain moment and say they acted inapproapetly when they were just acting out in the heat of the moment, that is what's wrong. Not everyone can look at the team when they are down by 2 with under 5 to go and say "they got this". If you can great but I have to think most of us cannot and did not.

I went through my post history too and got a good laugh out of it. My drunken confusion was visible after TKO brought us back to the game. :laugh:

I agree everyone can be a fan however they like. Some are more dialed back and relaxed and some go from an extreme to another extreme during games. Every fan is important for any team. They are the ones who make it possible to have a team in the first place. It's hard for us Europeans to support the team financially so Kevin Lowe probably would put us in the second tier of fans but atleast we can buy some merchandise. Can't wait for my first paycheck so I can order a Tyler Johnson jersey. :D

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What's silly is, Glendenning's thumb is what was cut. It was DDK's skate from him thrashing about on the bottom of that pile that caused the cut to Luke's thumb. Not anything Killorn did with the rag dolling him around prior.

Seriously, that's some incredibly weaksauce whining on the part of an O6 fanbase. Luke made it a point to finish a check he shouldn't have in a potentially dangerous area of the ice. If you're going to do that to get under the skin of the other team's star player, you better be able to cash the checks your play is writing. For the most part, Glendenning has. He's been insanely good at shutting down TKO with Drew Miller imo.

He'll be back for game 5 but last change won't be there to get him on the ice every time vs. TKO.

Cooper better put KFC back together again and Give Drouin a wing slot next to Stamkos. We have to get Stamkos going, period.

Honestly it's more about freeing up guys who have been consistently good this series and putting them with a more compliment center than getting Stamkos going, I think we are done with that notion of getting Stamkos going, lol.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Just watched the game.

I thought after Bishop's goal this was over... like, I couldn't believe it.

But our franchise player came through, HE won us that game. That was an MVP performance, for that I thank you Tyler Johnson

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Anyone claiming that they had no feelings of doubt after the way we have been playing is probably a sociopath. Or perhaps, they have not watched much of this team play. We all know what the team is capable of. That is not the problem. The problem is the underachieving and lack of fight from the players and the coach. Many of the games that we "should" have won this season, the team failed to show up. The people that have been watching recognize when this happens. Of course the team is capable of overcoming a 2 goal deficit, but this season how many times has that happened? Not many that I can remember.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Tampa is officially Boston South. I love it. The pillowy soft goons of TB.

Tough guys like Kucherov, Drouin and Carle. Broad Street Babies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Anyone claiming that they had no feelings of doubt after the way we have been playing is probably a sociopath. Or perhaps, they have not watched much of this team play. We all know what the team is capable of. That is not the problem. The problem is the underachieving and lack of fight from the players and the coach. Many of the games that we "should" have won this season, the team failed to show up. The people that have been watching recognize when this happens. Of course the team is capable of overcoming a 2 goal deficit, but this season how many times has that happened? Not many that I can remember.

Re: the coach, Coop showed a lot of desperation last night. In all honesty, I think he's still responsible for a lot of our road record. But I didn't want him fired. I wanted to see him adjust more on the road. I think he did that last night, and if he keeps that up I don't see road games being nearly so much of a struggle next year.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
1st period was pretty even, 2nd period was all Wings, 3rd final 5 minutes OTK struck twice. Other than that I thought Detroit was the stronger team.

Coburn had a pretty good game. Stammer looked better but we need him and Cally to score. 0/4 on the PP again is a no-go with all that talent on the team. Detroit got lucky on their 2nd goal but they had several great chances, hit iron and missed open nets at least four times. Lotsa work ahead.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004

I actually wouldn't mind seeing

TKO
KFC
Brown-Stamkos-Drouin
Boyle Morrow

7D.

If Stamkos is with Drouin, they need someone that can compete on the boards and get the puck in their hands.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
1st period was pretty even, 2nd period was all Wings, 3rd final 5 minutes OTK struck twice. Other than that I thought Detroit was the stronger team.

Coburn had a pretty good game. Stammer looked better but we need him and Cally to score. 0/4 on the PP again is a no-go with all that talent on the team. Detroit got lucky on their 2nd goal but they had several great chances, hit iron and missed open nets at least four times. Lotsa work ahead.

Cally is going to have a hard time scoring, when the PP is sucking and he is on a line with Stamkos while Stamkos keeps playing this bad. If he is with KFC he becomes that goal scorer on that line, since Flip is a set up guy, it works out better.

ganiseri

Feb 3, 2014
this thread was pathetic and hilarious

It's embarrassing to say the least. maybe some of you should go be "fans" of edmonton instead where the only exciting day is June 27th year in and out. people are literally calling players pieces of sh** and hoping they die, while the rest are just tasteless insults to your own team.

Im too emotional for games like this. thats why i never comment anything if we are losing. after last postseason i have big trust issues.:shakehead

Still i ****ing love this team eaven if we suck or win.
GO BOLTS!:yo:

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Emotions were crazy last night, went from basically being done in this series, to having a good chance to win or change momentum of the series, in a matter of 5 or so mins.

I threw my remote after the 2nd goal, spent about 5 mins looking for the batteries that fell out, and started to drink. Sure everyone had their own way of dealing with their anger and frustration, lol.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Pretty crazy game, I knew Tampa wasn't out yet because I've seen the wings give up quick goals all season long. Should be a good game 5, pretty fun bolts fans!

Kristia

Old folks home..
Mar 10, 2006
Tampa Bay Area....
Fans may have been down and *****ing when it looked like they were done, but most of us were still here and watching when the last 5 minutes rolled around to see them come back. Which shows we had some faith, that or we just really like to watch train wrecks, as sports fans seem to.:laugh:

One thing I saw that made me laugh, was during a time out(don't remember who's it was) they show the benches and Babs has his white board out drawing out plays, they pan over to the Tampa bench and there are all the TB coaches standing there with their arms crossed, chewing gum.. Don't know why but this made me crack up. :biglaugh:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Also - if your team is losing a goon-em-up with the Lightning, your team has HUGE problems. I don't even know how Killorn could realistically cause Glendenning to cut his friggin hand in a scrum, but somehow it was deliberate.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
In all the frustration and excitement has anyone else noticed that our friend Robert Guess hasn't been posting. Hope he's OK.

This has got to be a tough series for him. His two favorite teams.

But yeah, hope he's just not posting because of that, not because he's been sick again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad