GDT: 4/23/13 - Kings @ Wild - 7:00 PM CDT - FS-N, FS-WI

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
We'll clinch tomorrow night if the Jackets lose to the Stars.
Oh cripes! This is what Dallas has been waiting for. The moment when they can finally get even for that last game against us in 2011. Jackets got the win in the bag. :sarcasm: :laugh:

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Oh cripes! This is what Dallas has been waiting for. The moment when they can finally get even for that last game against us in 2011. Jackets got the win in the bag. :sarcasm: :laugh:

An OT loss for Columbus is enough to force us get one point out of CGY/COL.

On a similar note, just watch all of the remaining games between Columbus, Detroit and Dallas end on OT or SO.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Oh man, Kings fans are insufferable.

On a side note, I just looked up the word insufferable after posting it to see exactly what it means, and wow. Spot on description of Kings fans.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

On a side note, I just looked up the word insufferable after posting it to see exactly what it means, and wow. Spot on description of Kings fans.

That thread

6I38wRQ.gif

Blakkmantis

Old Time Hockey EH!
Jul 6, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota

And if you recall Devils fans after July 4th last year. These boards were interesting then, lol.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Looks like i didn't jinx us gopher! 2-0(48-0) baby.

what a fun game, the crowd was into it most of the game, the most packed game i ever been too, was just awesome.

i learned tho, the "lets go wild" is offically dead, they need to have nordy walking around with a trumpet or something, this guy is doing laps around the arena with his drum, only getting the section hes at to do the chant like twice, then dies instantly.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
This is why goons are essential to the NHL. Some will not agree, but how great would it have been if someone grabbed Brown and pummeled him into the ice.

You know nobody on the Wild would do that though.

The Code is a fairy tale. If it existed, we wouldn't have cheap shots in the game.

That's why suspensions need teeth and err on the side of the victim.

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
I don't like Dallas' chances tonight against Bob on the second consecutive night playing, but regardless, GO STARRRRRSSSSS

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Playoff seeding update for those who care:
Chicago is a lock for #1
Anaheim is a lock for #2
Vancouver is a lock for #3

Wild sit currently 7th. 6th or even 5th is possible, here is how:
St Louis sits 3 pts ahead, Wild own the tiebreak. Gain 3 pts, move to 6th.
San Jose sits 4 pts ahead, Wild own tiebreak. Gain 4 pts, move to 6th ahead of SJ.
Gain on both teams, finish 5th.

Of course, there is the little matter of making sure Wild are 7th or 8th as well.

Race for 7th and 8th:
Wild are 2 pts ahead of Cmb, and have the tiebreak. Gain 2 pts, and Cmb can't pass the Wild.
Wild are 3 pts ahead of Det, but Det has a game in hand. Wild hold the tiebreak under any circumstance except Det wins 3 games in ROW, and the Wild win none. Therefore, need 4 pts or 3 pts + one ROW to assure being ahead of Detroit.

Therefore, if Cmb loses to Dallas tomorrow in regulation, the Wild clinch 8th.
If Detroit gets 0 or 1 pt combined tonight vs LA and tomorrow vs Nash, the Wild clinch 8th.
If both of those things happen, the Wild clinch 7th without even playing another game.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Ugh, you can't possibly be serious. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

The moment we clinch a spot they suck again. :laugh:

On a serious note, I actually hope we face the Ducks if we make the playoffs. I want to destroy them more than any team in the entire league.

Last edited:

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Dustin Brown is a goon. I wanna know what the problem the Kings had with Pominville was..it seemed they were targeting him numerous times..Greene went out of his way to send him a message it seemed.

Huge win. Go Wild. But I sure hope Pommer isn't out for long!

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Looks like i didn't jinx us gopher! 2-0(48-0) baby.

what a fun game, the crowd was into it most of the game, the most packed game i ever been too, was just awesome.

i learned tho, the "lets go wild" is offically dead, they need to have nordy walking around with a trumpet or something, this guy is doing laps around the arena with his drum, only getting the section hes at to do the chant like twice, then dies instantly.

It also bursts your ear drums if he's right next to you, which has been me in the last two games.

It's being done all around the league this year, on away broadcasts I hear it pretty much 75% of the time in the third period. It's the event crowd, where few people get into things and instead need to be "PG" or be told what to do.

The worst was the wave at the last Blues game. I wanted to vomit it was that disgusting watching it. That's when you know everyone has officially given up.

The sad fact is that people left last night in the third with everything because there was "school tomorrow". My Dad never would have dreamed of leaving a game for that reason --- let alone how it was playing out and what was on the line.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Playoff seeding update for those who care:
Chicago is a lock for #1
Anaheim is a lock for #2
Vancouver is a lock for #3

Wild sit currently 7th. 6th or even 5th is possible, here is how:
St Louis sits 3 pts ahead, Wild own the tiebreak. Gain 3 pts, move to 6th.
San Jose sits 4 pts ahead, Wild own tiebreak. Gain 4 pts, move to 6th ahead of SJ.
Gain on both teams, finish 5th.

Of course, there is the little matter of making sure Wild are 7th or 8th as well.

Race for 7th and 8th:
Wild are 2 pts ahead of Cmb, and have the tiebreak. Gain 2 pts, and Cmb can't pass the Wild.
Wild are 3 pts ahead of Det, but Det has a game in hand. Wild hold the tiebreak under any circumstance except Det wins 3 games in ROW, and the Wild win none. Therefore, need 4 pts or 3 pts + one ROW to assure being ahead of Detroit.

Therefore, if Cmb loses to Dallas tomorrow in regulation, the Wild clinch 8th.
If Detroit gets 0 or 1 pt combined tonight vs LA and tomorrow vs Nash, the Wild clinch 8th.
If both of those things happen, the Wild clinch 7th without even playing another game.

Thank you so much for this. It's so helpful. I am the type of person who goes crazy without things put in front of me in a matter of fact way. This is perfect, thanks. :)

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Highlight of the game for me was actually only audible. Wild feed didn't work for me so I had to listen (and watch) LA's; the play-by-play commentator mistook Parise for Saku Koivu for several times. :laugh:

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
The crowd energy is something else when you watch those two goals transpire. I swear that second goal was caused because of the energy that was stirring from the first goal. Incredible stuff. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad