GDT: 4/23/13 - Kings @ Wild - 7:00 PM CDT - FS-N, FS-WI

Billy Mays Here*

It's definitely happening whether you like it or not. (Not necessarily talking about you btw)

Of course I want it to happen, but years of failure has put me in a mode where I'll only truly believe it once I see we've clinched. Until then, I will continue to use that video because it's the perfect response, and because I love it so much.

Please no Ducks. Please no Ducks.

Pretty much impossible now that San Jose won tonight.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Of course I want it to happen, but years of failure has put me in a mode where I'll only truly believe it once I see we've clinched. Until then, I will continue to use that video because it's the perfect response, and because I love it so much.

Pretty much impossible now that San Jose won tonight.
I know. :rant:

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Fantastic game and atmosphere tonight, the first period once the team got their **** together especially. I am somewhat surprised they didn't blow it, especially when Pom City was elbowed, the Kings got away with everything---again the team didn't respond to having one of their players "taken out" and sat on a lead (see Zucker injury and Ducks game).

So I somewhat expected the Kings to at least force OT, but they didn't.

All I know is if this trend continues, the game plan on how to unsettle the Wild is clear for everyone to see. Play dirty, physical hockey, and you'll get the breaks if the refs are letting a ton of stuff go. The team will then fade, and you'll get your chances to win.

Seeing the Kings twice this year it was interesting to see the first game, and then how they played (Ducksesque) in this one.

9-3 for me this season with Edmonton on Friday and I won a "free" bobblehead in the scratch offs. GET IN.

OpRedDawn*

Thoughts: It was pretty clear there was word from above to knock Poms out of that game.

If that original hit by Nolan on Poms is only 2 minutes, then every single game of ours should start by Konopka leaving his feet and hidding their best player up high. If the league / refs don't protect the players, it's up to the coaches to set the tone. I'm sick of games where they clearly are targeting our guys, and we just have to sit back and take it, otherwise we might be called dirty.

That leap and check weren't even close to a hockey play. Should've been at least a 5, if not thrown out of the game. If the refs would've acted sane, then most likely that Brown elbow would not have occurred.

Also, Brown is a *****. He knew exactly what he was doing on that play. Horribly reffed game overall, of course we got the **** end of every questionable play.

But when we're on, they can compete with any team in the league. They showed grit, determination, and solid play overall. Sucks that Poms is prolly done for the year, hoping he's ok for the playoffs... but somehow I doubt it.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Thoughts: It was pretty clear there was word from above to knock Poms out of that game.

If that original hit by Nolan on Poms is only 2 minutes, then every single game of ours should start by Konopka leaving his feet and hidding their best player up high. If the league / refs don't protect the players, it's up to the coaches to set the tone. I'm sick of games where they clearly are targeting our guys, and we just have to sit back and take it, otherwise we might be called dirty.

That leap and check weren't even close to a hockey play. Should've been at least a 5, if not thrown out of the game. If the refs would've acted sane, then most likely that Brown elbow would not have occurred.

Also, Brown is a *****. He knew exactly what he was doing on that play. Horribly reffed game overall, of course we got the **** end of every questionable play.

But when we're on, they can compete with any team in the league. They showed grit, determination, and solid play overall. Sucks that Poms is prolly done for the year, hoping he's ok for the playoffs... but somehow I doubt it.

This is why goons are essential to the NHL. Some will not agree, but how great would it have been if someone grabbed Brown and pummeled him into the ice.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
I like our chances against any team in West. We won't be favorites against any team not named Columbus, Detroit or Dallas, but I feel like people are exaggerating other teams' dominance against us.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Bring on the ducks!

florida_duck_hunting_2.jpg

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
TBH I'd rather play CHI than Ducks. Ducks and Wild are too much alike and Ducks are a tad better at this point. Hawks differ from everyone else and I truly believe we can take them down in a playoff series. I actually don't see them making a deep run anyways. CHI that is. Call me crazy.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
How great of payback would it be to knock the Ducks out? I mean I know it's been years, but we don't get to the playoffs often.

Giles Ferrell

#believeinyeo
Mar 24, 2013
Minnesota
How great of payback would it be to knock the Ducks out? I mean I know it's been years, but we don't get to the playoffs often.

Nothing would be better than knocking the Ducks out of the first round. Good news for us, is that they are very beatable.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

I've never liked Brown. The refs were awful in this game, but at this point Brown's suspension wouldn't help us.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I don't want to face STL, CHI or LAK in the first round. Ducks, Nucks, SJ? Winnable series.

Btw, do we clinch a playoff spot with a win in the next two games?

Last edited:

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I don't want to face STL, CHI or LAK in the first round. Ducks, Nucks, SJ? Winnable series.

Btw, do we clinch a playoff spot with a win in the next two games?

We'll clinch tomorrow night if the Jackets lose to the Stars.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I would rather we go up against the Ducks than the Hawks.

Part of it is Quenville is just a stupidly good coach. Even on home ice he makes Yeo look silly with how much better he is with matchups.

Oh yeah, and Brown can go **** himself. Seriously. I can't believe they got away with that ****.

Coyle gets a game misconduct, for what, less than the FIRST hit on Pommer, and Brown gets away with one of the most blatant elbows, right in front of the ref, that I have ever seen. Let's also keep in mind that the penalty on Coyle was not actually called immediately, it was called after a few seconds, in part due to the reaction of the crowd.

Anyways...Trying to stay calm about that... I don't mind the Kings, but I ****ing hate Brown...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad