Post-Game Talk: 4-2 Predators

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Wheeler looks kinda useless with Stafford on his opposite wing while Scheif seems just fine. Seems odd, no?

Injuries forced it but Staffird is not very good for those two. Miss Ehlers.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Preds-4-Jets-2-300x200.jpg

Game recaps, post-game audio and the 3 Stars of the night.

Click here.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
How is Little running out of players to play with? He can play with most of the team? That comment makes no sense.

well obviously he can play with anyone, he's talented as H***. What I mean is guys who can get the best out of him & vice versa. A lot of our younger guys fit with Scheifele better.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Not even mad...
Not wishing any tank, but not mad about losing, season is done.

I thought for the most part Pav's played well tonight, stopped a lot of grade A chances but bad luck and defensive breakdowns sunk what looked like a good game by him...

:popcorn:

But we are tied for second last...keeping the lottery dream alive and trying out some new guys.
I am entertained.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Not even mad...
Not wishing any tank, but not mad about losing, season is done.

I thought for the most part Pav's played well tonight, stopped a lot of grade A chances but bad luck and defensive breakdowns sunk what looked like a good game by him...

:popcorn:

But we are tied for second last...keeping the lottery dream alive and trying out some new guys.
I am entertained.

I agree, while we all know what kind of goalie Pav is, this loss is not on him

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Very frustrating game to watch.

No moaning about the Forsbeg trip/Weber hit? I seem to recall a phone call when Pominville 'put himself in a vulnerable position'. The difference being, of course, that Pominville actually did put himself in said position.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I agree, while we all know what kind of goalie Pav is, this loss is not on him
I gotta say as a goalie , not pro or anything , Pavelec over commits to the shooter . There was alot of times tonight that he was out of position , my goalie coaches would have ripped me for this stuff . Also didn't like how he skated away from Chariot on the goal that went in off of Chariot's skate , to show Chariot he was mad . How many games has Pavelec lost by not being a even average NHL goalie .:shakehead

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Wheeler looks kinda useless with Stafford on his opposite wing while Scheif seems just fine. Seems odd, no?

For what ever reason Stafford has been Wheelers kryptonite ever since he got here. Even when they produce points he still looks out of sink IMO. I think a big part of it is Blake needs to play with Speed and Drew slows things down.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I gotta say as a goalie , not pro or anything , Pavelec over commits to the shooter . There was alot of times tonight that he was out of position , my goalie coaches would have ripped me for this stuff . Also didn't like how he skated away from Chariot on the goal that went in off of Chariot's skate , to show Chariot he was mad . How many games has Pavelec lost by not being a even average NHL goalie .:shakehead

Good post and I agree with all of it although last night that was a team loss. I thought our first period was very good minus the last two minutes but after that the game was owned by the Preds.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I laughed so hard about that beauty clean hit from Myers after Forsberg ran a bit of a goalie interference which the ref credited with 2 minutes for interference for Myers :laugh: There wasn't even an entire second between Forsberg giving the puck away and the check. Too bad he's not called Stralman.

This reffing is pissing me of more and more. I really really hope things are different next season.

This league man. Priceless.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Meh, you could say that a lot. It's a matter of luck and timing many times

Myers was still in the box since the penalty expired just as the puck crossed the line. There were only 4 Jet skaters on the ice. That's what Inwas refering to. It felt like a Nashville PP goal.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
Very frustrating game to watch.

No moaning about the Forsbeg trip/Weber hit? I seem to recall a phone call when Pominville 'put himself in a vulnerable position'. The difference being, of course, that Pominville actually did put himself in said position.

No point; already established that there's a double standard, see it with Byfuglien with his phantom penalties for being big and strong but nothing coming back the other way with the teams they're playing.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
I laughed so hard about that beauty clean hit from Myers after Forsberg ran a bit of a goalie interference which the ref credited with 2 minutes for interference for Myers :laugh: There wasn't even an entire second between Forsberg giving the puck away and the check. Too bad he's not called Stralman.

This reffing is pissing me of more and more. I really really hope things are different next season.

This league man. Priceless.

Ya, that he blatantly hit Pav. Horrible call.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
The thing about this game is that it is pretty accurate. The Predators are a better team than us and won by doing some little things better. Our PP is horrible. I watched the Anaheim vs Caps game the other night and it was an amazing game. Refs let them play, it was so fast. The Caps PP is incredible. They make plays from down low to Oshie right in front of the net with Ovie right behind him, passer has two options and they don't get stuck passing on the perimeter.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
I think this game is a reflection of the season. We haven't been blown out, but we just aren't good enough, and our power play is complete garbage.

We always have games with periods of sustained pressure or domination, but that has rarely resulted in building a lead. It is what it is at this point. Hoping for some changes behind the bench this summer (assistant wise).

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Wheeler was playing fine with EHlers and Scheif. He has only struggled since Stafford has been on his wing. I think you're looking for something that isn't there.

I made a comment during the game last night, that Stafford just looks slow and lazy out there. Maybe it's just in comparison to Wheeler/Scheif/Ehlers, but he just looks like he's floating and coasting waiting for someone else to make something happen and set him up.

I think if he's playing on the first or second line, then we don't have a very good team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad