Post-Game Talk: 4-2 Predators

Derfel*

Spaghetti.

Like how we start to bring it physically and the refs nip it in the bud... sigh...

This all over. Eliminate those questionable calls, let the MEN play tough hockey and the Jets would have won this one, I think.

That 5-minute powerless play was awful.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
If they let the men play hockey then they would not have called the 5 minutes on Watson.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
CdE5bz0UkAABTNG.jpg

darkjet

Jan 11, 2013
Thought kosmo had a good first game. Noticeable, and not in a bad way.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well I thought they played hard again, but given the state of our forward core I'm not too surprised by the outcome.

I thought both Kosmo and Lipon showed some nice energy.

I really can't stand Pavs body language. He needs to at least try on some of those.

I'm also getting sick of the Postma - Chariot bottom pairing and I don't like how Myers and Trouba play together. Both like to advance too much which leads to odd man chances against.

Get Morrissey up and run these for the rest of the year.

Enstrom Buff
Morrissey Trouba
Chariot Myers

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Wheeler looks kinda useless with Stafford on his opposite wing while Scheif seems just fine. Seems odd, no?

You know what annoys me about Wheeler? He gets frustrated and says 'f it, I"ll do it myself'. Powerplay or evenstrength he goes in by himself vs 3-4 guys from the other team.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Well I thought they played hard again, but given the state of our forward core I'm not too surprised by the outcome.

I thought both Kosmo and Lipon showed some nice energy.

I really can't stand Pavs body language. He needs to at least try on some of those.

I'm also getting sick of the Postma - Chariot bottom pairing and I don't like how Myers and Trouba play together. Both like to advance too much which leads to odd man chances against.

Get Morrissey up and run these for the rest of the year.

Enstrom Buff
Morrissey Trouba
Chariot Myers

Trouba is just excited he finally gets a chance to play away from Stu again ;)

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
You know what annoys me about Wheeler? He gets frustrated and says 'f it, I"ll do it myself'. Powerplay or evenstrength he goes in by himself vs 3-4 guys from the other team.

Yeh I see what you mean. But Stafford just doesn't work on his wing. I really think we should move him off no matter what. Think Thor would even be as effective there.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Wheeler looks kinda useless with Stafford on his opposite wing while Scheif seems just fine. Seems odd, no?

Have thought Wheeler has been kind of meh last 2 games.

No stats to back it up and he is still superior to some of our other players but isn't dragging the team out of the abyss as often as he did in Jan and Feb.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
I think the other teams figured out our pp plan is to feed Buff at the point after 3 games this year, Kosmo good first outing, Trouba has become very steady and not making stupid pinches and getting caught unless he scores a goal, Pavs is Pavs other than that a whole lot of meh.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Have thought Wheeler has been kind of meh last 2 games.

No stats to back it up and he is still superior to some of our other players but isn't dragging the team out of the abyss as often as he did in Jan and Feb.

The guy has played with Ladd and Little for years now. I don't think he's happy about Ladd being traded, nor is he all that excited about playing without Bryan Little as well. Kinda hit him all at once, and with how the seasons going I expect him to regress a bit. The guy is human after all.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Trouba is just excited he finally gets a chance to play away from Stu again ;)

Lol, true enough. I also have no issue with Trouba rushing the puck as its when hes at his best. I think Morrissey who like Enstrom has no issue hanging back a bit to support his partner would be a better fit.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
The guy has played with Ladd and Little for years now. I don't think he's happy about Ladd being traded, nor is he all that excited about playing without Bryan Little as well. Kinda hit him all at once, and with how the seasons going I expect him to regress a bit. The guy is human after all.

Wheeler was playing fine with EHlers and Scheif. He has only struggled since Stafford has been on his wing. I think you're looking for something that isn't there.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Wheeler was playing fine with EHlers and Scheif. He has only struggled since Stafford has been on his wing. I think you're looking for something that isn't there.

That line is going to tear it up next year, Stafford does not compliment that line at all, he needs the game to be slowed down when he is on the ice , fast pace is beyond him now.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Well Stafford has dragged Scheifele and Wheeler down before so its not surprising that him there is impacting Wheeler again. I think Scheifele who has played more with Stafford this year has adapted better. But yeah I don't really like the line. I also think Wheeler more so than Scheifele needs to LH passing option to make him more dangerous as opponents don't respect his shot like they do Mark.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00