Post-Game Talk: 4-2 Predators

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets-bench-March-8-2016-300x200.jpg

Post-game audio: Pavelec, Dano, Kosmachuk & Stafford.

To listen click here.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I'm kinda hoping we move Stafford in the offseason to be honest. Of course, I won't be upset if we don't as I think he can be plenty effective for us regardless. Just think there's other people that fit our "style" better.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm kinda hoping we move Stafford in the offseason to be honest. Of course, I won't be upset if we don't as I think he can be plenty effective for us regardless. Just think there's other people that fit our "style" better.

I do agree that he doesn't fit the fast pace game we play but I feel that we run the risk of getting too young if we move another vet out without replacing him with another like vet.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I do agree that he doesn't fit the fast pace game we play but I feel that we run the risk of getting too young if we move another vet out without replacing him with another like vet.

No that would be my hope. Don't want another young guy. We have plenty of those.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Staff is simply too slow to make that line work, he's great cycling the puck and keeping possession but off the rush he's a boat anchor.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Well I thought they played hard again, but given the state of our forward core I'm not too surprised by the outcome.

I thought both Kosmo and Lipon showed some nice energy.

I really can't stand Pavs body language. He needs to at least try on some of those.

I'm also getting sick of the Postma - Chariot bottom pairing and I don't like how Myers and Trouba play together. Both like to advance too much which leads to odd man chances against.

Get Morrissey up and run these for the rest of the year.

Enstrom Buff
Morrissey Trouba
Chariot Myers

This 100%. You have 4 call ups so you cares if you use one. Let Morrissey play from here on out.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Him and Burmi maybe? :dunno:

I just don't know who will ever work with Burmi, it's like he's incapable of reading a linemate. He's so good at gaining the blue line and then it's just the Twilight Zone, I think him and Staff would just wear out the ice along the walls.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Wheeler was playing fine with EHlers and Scheif. He has only struggled since Stafford has been on his wing. I think you're looking for something that isn't there.

Agreed. Ehlers is a much better fit with Wheeler and Scheif. I'd put MP up on the 1st until Ehlers gets back.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
pavs was fine. kept us in it. flukey goals

He made some big saves, he let in some crappy goals, typical Pav game.

The only goal that could be considered flukey was the one off Chiarot's skate and even on that one he didn't bother to track the puck all the way across. The guy has zero anticipation skills.

Derfel*

He made some big saves, he let in some crappy goals, typical Pav game.

The only goal that could be considered flukey was the one off Chiarot's skate and even on that one he didn't bother to track the puck all the way across. The guy has zero anticipation skills.

Yeah, a flukey goal, a 4-2 where he got no support, a PK that was dismal and a puck he didn't track.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Yeah, a flukey goal, a 4-2 where he got no support, a PK that was dismal and a puck he didn't track.

PK was 5/5 tonight.

I'm done talking about Pav, it's been done to death, it's just the same repetitive story with the same ending.

Derfel*

PK was 5/5 tonight.

I'm done talking about Pav, it's been done to death, it's just the same repetitive story with the same ending.

Didn't the Preds score off of a questionable call? The 3rd goal, I thought?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad