Post-Game Talk: 4-2 Lightning

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Missed a big chunk of the game. Never mind Hall, Eberle, Dubnyk, Eakins et al. All Oiler fans need to know the most important aspect of any game...how did Omark do?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Eberle is actually producing points though to go with the brain farts.

Hemsky is producing a whole lot of nothing these days. They need to trade him ASAP before he reinjures himself.

Agreed. He came close to injuring himself badly tonight. Blocked a shot that hit him in the shin pad and thought he dammed near broke his leg in half. Dodge a bullet.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Missed a big chunk of the game. Never mind Hall, Eberle, Dubnyk, Eakins et al. All Oiler fans need to know the most important aspect of any game...how did Omark do?

He was OK. Won a board battle and set up a point blank chance that skipped over Gordon's stick. Was on the ice for the third goal I think, but that was a gong show from Smid.

AssistantCaptain*

Eberle is a complimentary player and that's something this team can do without. He can't turn a game around, play the whole ice, or be a physical presence. Most times, if he's not on the scoreboard you wonder if he was in the line up or not. On team like Vancouver or Toronto he can casually post 65P >+10 because they're good teams. On a ****** team like the oilers he compliments the stench that is the oilers. He plays good if the team plays good. Nice rims on a nice car=works. Nice rims on a beater=doesn't work. Our car doesn't even start.

McCrumb

Nov 13, 2005
MacT knew we needed a goalie, went hard after one. I just thinks he knew the team wasn't going to win the cup this year and knew the UFA pool is deep this year

We say that every year but when the time comes that pool looks like a puddle in Death Valley.

thinlizzy

Mar 9, 2013
DD blew another game for us. Should have made a way better offer on Bishop than we did Mac Flea.

Nuge minus 3 buddy what is up ?

Ebs had 2 points and was minus 2 but at least he is contributing.

Yak set up Gordon big time but minus 1 and zero shots isn't going to get it done anytime soon.

Hall was a beast tonight, which is why his bunkmate probably tried a bit harder on the offensive end. ;)

Stamkos had a field day with our lackluster own zone play. Omark is probably heading back to the farm with a minus 1 outing. Too many guys didn't really show up tonight. Glad I only watched half the game.

Mac T needs to make some sort of deal. Eakins needs to let the lines sit for a bit rather then do the blender garbage that has been happening. JMO

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
DD blew another game for us. Should have made a way better offer on Bishop than we did Mac Flea.

Nuge minus 3 buddy what is up ?

Ebs had 2 points and was minus 2 but at least he is contributing.

Yak set up Gordon big time but minus 1 and zero shots isn't going to get it done anytime soon.

Hall was a beast tonight, which is why his bunkmate probably tried a bit harder on the offensive end. ;)

Stamkos had a field day with our lackluster own zone play. Omark is probably heading back to the farm with a minus 1 outing. Too many guys didn't really show up tonight. Glad I only watched half the game.

Mac T needs to make some sort of deal. Eakins needs to let the lines sit for a bit rather then do the blender garbage that has been happening. JMO

Wasn't tambo still the gm when Bishop was up for grabs???

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
This turnover machine team! Taylor gave the team a boost, but he and Rhn are trying to make it by their own.

The season is done and over, so ship Gagner and Hemsky at deadline, Anaheim has 4 decent goalies+ that russian in juniors, and then we have lot of space to go after some big names in the summer, dealing with our number 1 and 2 second rounders+ 1 of Yak or Eberle!

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
We played well but when you have 2 turnovers and they end up in the back of your net, you aren't going to win many games.

1st one, Yak trying to avoid a hit and Stamkos of all people, pops it in.

2nd one, Eberle dicking around and did not make any attempt to go after the guy after bobbling it and Stamkos with a wrap around that I could have stopped and I'm an *** girl.

3rd one, half the team looking for the puck and the guy skates through all of them and puts it in, god knows how.

We need goalie, plain and simple.

I thought overall we played pretty good and because of goalie vs goalie, we lose another one.

Sucks.

Oct 15, 2008

Lol wut? I saw him take at least one very dangerous shot from the slot area, that Bishop saved. So if they are giving him credit for zero shots, the stats person is sleeping on the job, and if you are here repeating the mistake, you werent watching very closely.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
the good:
Fedun, Larsen

the bad:
Eberle
Dubnyk

as the season goes on, I'm disliking Dubnyk more and more. what a poor goalie.

the ugly:

Oilers and their stupid toe drags. stop it already!!

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
That first Stamkos goal, Yakupov would have been obliterated. Whoever that was was going for a kill shot (not saying it was dirty, just a hard open ice hit). I can't believe people are blaming him for turning the puck over on this play considering Dubnyk was on his ****ing knees for a shot which went top shelf. If he stands up, he likely makes that save.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
As an outsider watching Oiler games with my Oiler fan wife...

Yes Dubnyk has been dreadful. No doubt. However, even with good goaltending if nothing else changed the Oiler's play has still been among the worst in the league (see last season). They may have an extra few points but the reality is that it wouldn't really change the outlook that much.

Goaltending is certainly an issue. The blueline is just as big an issue. So to is the lack of commitment to a 200ft, all round, TEAM game for the bulk of the offensive forwards. The Oilers truly need to fix all three of those things to become that playoff team your city has been waiting for. The team has built up some nice assets...now is the time to start rearranging those assets to address the issues above (well really it should have already started).

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
Needed 5 goals to win, again. I'm afraid Dubnyk is simply not an NHL goalie anymore. He's had 2 NHL caliber games this year. Yah there was some turnovers, but the Oilers only gave up 26 shots against. Every team suffers turnovers, so that is just an excuse. For this game, the goaltending did us in, again. It doesn't really matter anymore this year as this team was done before November even hit. Can we sink to the 1st overall again, but hopefully move it this time to fill some team holes?

czar99

Nov 19, 2008
Shultz'z Place
Ask Eakins. Why exactly was it given to Ference before even playing a single game with the franchise? I wonder if they will make a change early in the summer and give the C to Hall. They should (which probably means they won't)

Because Ference does stairs at the legislative grounds at 5:30 am with some fans.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
People are too focused on Dubnyk. The goal Hall scored was a lot easier to save than the first Stamkos goal. You turn the puck over to a 60 goal scorer coming in with speed. He uses the d-man as a screen and fires it between his legs and into the top corner. Pretty much no goalie has that one.

If every goalie was as good as you guys think, Stamkos wouldn't have anywhere near 60. I'm not saying Dubnyk is playing well, but I am saying they could have had a top 5 goalie last night and they still would have lost.

The Oilers get 40 shots but they don't make any of them count. Bishop had the 1 big save on Gordon but other than that it was standard fare straight-forward saves. The Oilers don't shoot the puck that well, they don't get to rebounds, they don't screen the goalie enough. None of the little things you need to do consistently to win hockey games are being done enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad